Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Simonds in Adelaide

Page 45 of 60
Marshall5858
My hubby got this pic the other day, I'm so happy with our en suite

That tile is absolutely gorgeous! Love that niche too.
L❤️ve it! Definitely looking forward to how the whole room will look!

[

Thank you

[

It's hard to photograph because the double sink is the other end haha

Looking great Marshall!!!
We aren't happy with the repair job that the tradie did in the garage. I had a feeling he might do a bodge job after he was confrontational to me and my hubby reported him to Simonds. Is it worth telling them that the wall now has a wonky surface? It's only the garage and I don't want more hold ups as it's just been painted but at the same time, he's not done it to a good standard

On another note, our CCTV system arrived yesterday, our friend who's in the business recommended a budget friendly system to us. After testing it out on our kids in the daylight and darkness, I'm really impressed. The cameras are super clear and I'll feel much happier that the house will have this extra layer of security once we have handover.

Marshall5858
We stopped by our place today to have a peep at the tiles through the window. Encountered the rudest little man I've ever met, he was supposedly fixing the damaged gyprock but was busy watching me then decided to have a confrontation with me. Anyway, I'm hoping I don't encounter him again and I still managed to get the pic I wanted

Did he think you were there to kick more holes in it or did he know you were the owner?
Strange he was so rude to you!

Megera
Marshall5858
We stopped by our place today to have a peep at the tiles through the window. Encountered the rudest little man I've ever met, he was supposedly fixing the damaged gyprock but was busy watching me then decided to have a confrontation with me. Anyway, I'm hoping I don't encounter him again and I still managed to get the pic I wanted

Did he think you were there to kick more holes in it or did he know you were the owner?
Strange he was so rude to you!

Oh he knew we were the owners, we told his straight away and that we just wanted to look through the laundry window at the tiles. Very very rude man

What is the CCTV package that you have got (only if it is OK to post it)? I would like to have one later on, we just cannot afford it yet.

Also, was the tradie abusive to you? Even if you aren't supposed to be on site, it doesn't warrant such attitude. If he keeps doing that, I would report him.

twylamc
What is the CCTV package that you have got (only if it is OK to post it)? I would like to have one later on, we just cannot afford it yet.

Also, was the tradie abusive to you? Even if you aren't supposed to be on site, it doesn't warrant such attitude. If he keeps doing that, I would report him.

I'll pm you. Yes he was abusive, we were calm but he just got more and more irate. Oh well, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

Marshall - I adore those ensuite tiles - I really like things that are a mottled finish - lovely!

Hope the rude little man trips on a banana skin!

Are you really enjoying seeing everything go in, now?
JayaJaya
Marshall - I adore those ensuite tiles - I really like things that are a mottled finish - lovely!

Hope the rude little man trips on a banana skin!

Are you really enjoying seeing everything go in, now?

Thank you Jayajaya, we're loving them too.
Yes we are enjoying this part but it seems sooo slow

The front of the house has now been painted. The corner between the windows is supposed to be Black.. we're kinda liking the White though, what do you guys think, black or white?

Marshall5858
The front of the house has now been painted. The corner between the windows is supposed to be Black.. we're kinda liking the White though, what do you guys think, black or white?

White looks fine

I like the white

Thank you

I think the white's a nice contrast to the darker surrounds - I thought it was staying that way! Kept saying to hubby how nice it looked.
Have you decided to leave it?
JayaJaya
I think the white's a nice contrast to the darker surrounds - I thought it was staying that way! Kept saying to hubby how nice it looked.
Have you decided to leave it?

Thank you, Yes we really like it too so hopefully it can stay

I like the white, I think u should leave it that way. We thought about having that black aswell but the the lady at colours talk us out of it n said having the lighter colour was a good contrast! Oh n loving ur facade

justheart
I like the white, I think u should leave it that way. We thought about having that black aswell but the the lady at colours talk us out of it n said having the lighter colour was a good contrast! Oh n loving ur facade

Thank you.
It's funny because I looked at yours and thought, oh no, I like that white! But thought it was too late to change so it's kinda good that they have done it

Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum