Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Welcome to Paradise - Lighting Pics

Page 45 of 47
Congratulations on keys!!! Now the hard work starts

All credit to you for tackling the painting. That is one job I seriously suck at!!! Looking good
Congratulations on keys, very exciting. We have paid for the builder to paint this time around, simply because we have done it every other time and I hate painting. It is not a quick job, if you go quick it ends up looking bad .... love your colour, right up my alley.

Your driveway looks sensational, so glad they fixed the issues with it. One day I will get this done at our place, but pavers it is for now.

Have fun making your house a home!
Your painting looks great, so bright and fresh - I have also started painting albeit on my own and only when my little one is asleep so it will be slow going
Love that colour Burns. Its amazing how a coat of paint makes everything look so much nicer! So lovely! Well done you guys - doing a great job!:-):-)
belzey
Painting is definitely not quick but I do love doing it! Looking great burns

The first day was awful but the second day I started to enjoy it... much nicer than sitting here at the office that is for sure!

Melsie68
Painting is a massive job . And even more passive when the house isn't a size of a shoe box lol .

I kept thinking - why oh why do we have so many bathrooms. Then I thought we were nearly done, Iwas like "oh the games, livng and dining is finished so its just the bedrooms... oh wait no... its the theatre, study, laundry, hallways... ahhh not nearly done"

emsimpson
Hooray for keys! Looks great Burns!

Thanks

Rosienchris
A huge congratulations burns on your key collection, you must be so excited!!! The painting is such hard work really feel your pain but the photos look amazing you are doing a great job! Bet you can't wait to be living there, enjoy making your house a home xxx

Its great to look at the paint and know that all the mistakes are our own, its not someone we paid to do a perfect job and then stuffed it up.

+Tbrown2012
Congratulations on keys!!! Now the hard work starts

All credit to you for tackling the painting. That is one job I seriously suck at!!! Looking good

Thanks... so looking forward to moving into the neighbourhood.

Marcia
Congratulations on keys, very exciting. We have paid for the builder to paint this time around, simply because we have done it every other time and I hate painting. It is not a quick job, if you go quick it ends up looking bad .... love your colour, right up my alley.

Your driveway looks sensational, so glad they fixed the issues with it. One day I will get this done at our place, but pavers it is for now.

Have fun making your house a home!

Thanks. They were out and sealed the alfresco area yesterday (honed concrete like the driveway) - it looks so amazing!! I might just spend all my time out there.

asha
Your painting looks great, so bright and fresh - I have also started painting albeit on my own and only when my little one is asleep so it will be slow going

That can't be easy Asha - you'll get there eventuall though

Rache
Love that colour Burns. Its amazing how a coat of paint makes everything look so much nicer! So lovely! Well done you guys - doing a great job!:-):-)

Thanks. I'm looking forward to when they finish with the beige and move onto the dark grey for the kitchen, blue for boys room and pink for girls room (the kids chose their own colours which they are very excited about). Hopefully the different colours start tomorrow
The WIR was installed yesterday... ahhh looks so amazing! I love it!

This is my dressing table, the guy will be coming back to install the mirror as it didn't quite fit.

There is a full length mirror door behind which sit all my shoe shelves
And just next to it is DH hanging space and shelves and drawers

More hanging space

More hanging space and shelves

I can't wait to start filling it!!

Awesome!! Congrats on getting your keys!! Painting is very slow, I haven't finished ours yet but we are getting a professional in to do the rest, I just haven't got the time!
WIR looks amazing!!
That robe looks great . I get so picky about painting ( my partner does it) that sometimes I forget that we are doing it ourselves and it doesnt need to be prefect . Just bloody painting a whole house deserves a gold metal who would wont to be a painter any how lol
WIR looks great!

Well done on the painting, we got the builder to do ours because I just couldn't face the thought of doing it myself!
Thanks everyone. DH is doing the last of the painting tonight, well almost, just the kitchen left for tomorrow as the colour we chose we don't like so off to get a different one tomorrow.

The electrician was there today putting up the lights. I am so in love with my chandelier.

Kitchen pendants and downlights. DH bought some fancy led bulbs that work via an app on your phone. Really cool. We've only two so far tho. We need to order another two from America

The driveway all honed and sealed and looking gorgeous!

We have managed to get through a fair amount this week. One more week to go and we move in.
Looking forward to flooring next week!

Wow! Your chandeliers are stunning! Love the driveway too, is that a junction box underneath it or something?

viewtopic.php?t=72683
trixee
Wow! Your chandeliers are stunning! Love the driveway too, is that a junction box underneath it or something?

viewtopic.php?t=72683

Do you mean the grates in the driveway? Those are for the sewer connections

I love that entry light . We did no fancy lights but I do wish we had sometimes . I bet you can't wait to finish painting . Can't wait till your kitchen is done . Your going for a darker colour ?
Burnsfirsttime
Do you mean the grates in the driveway? Those are for the sewer connections

Ah I see! Our sewer is at the back, so it's not something I'd thought about.
Looking fantastic burns!!
Wow Burns. That chandelier with those cornices looks so beautiful. And I am having honed agg envy right now!! Super!!
Wow Burns just caught up with your build and can't believe how lovely everything is. Congratulations you've done a great job with your selections and I just lurrrrrve that chandelier!!! Beautiful Beautiful
Burns Cingratulations on keys. Where do I start? The driveway looks fantastic and I love your lights and WIR
Looks amazing! Can I ask what the driveway lines are called?? I'm wanting the same thing but in coloured concrete but am having a hard time explaining the look! How much was the finished driveway? Did you do the same for alfresco?

Moving in day tomorrow!!!!

Everything is all finished and ready for us. (Except the landscaping, that's a few weeks wait still for the estates contractor)

It's all looking beautiful and so perfect. I love it all!

Thank you everyone for being here and sharing my journey with me. It's been an amazing ride!!

Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum