Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Living Homes

Page 45 of 45
[quote="Monty85":31mx7n17]After 7 months of planning with NLH (first tender was in July 2020) we are finally about to get started with our build - building a modified Ivy 5.

Things have been slow so far (some of that due to us) but overall it's been relatively smooth to this point. In contrast to some of the feedback i've read in here, dealing with the head office has been a little slow as i picked up quite a few little errors in the paperwork they were sending us. All sorted in the end, but it just wasted weeks of time.

Looks like the build should be starting mid Feb 21 and I'll try to post some updates of how the experience is as things progress.[/quote:31mx7n17]

Hey Mate,

How did your build go?
bannie
\"Monty85":31mx7n17
After 7 months of planning with NLH (first tender was in July 2020) we are finally about to get started with our build - building a modified Ivy 5.

Things have been slow so far (some of that due to us) but overall it's been relatively smooth to this point. In contrast to some of the feedback i've read in here, dealing with the head office has been a little slow as i picked up quite a few little errors in the paperwork they were sending us. All sorted in the end, but it just wasted weeks of time.

Looks like the build should be starting mid Feb 21 and I'll try to post some updates of how the experience is as things progress.[/quote:31mx7n17]

Hey Mate,

How did your build go?

Yeah it went pretty well all things considering. Check out my Instagram page where i posted updates along the major milestones.

https://www.instagram.com/ivy5custom/?hl=en

Build took 23 weeks from breaking ground to handover - although we did get lucky and scrape in just before the major material shortages reeked havoc. Build quality has been very good and the only major issues we faced were administrative by nature. Ordering wrong materials, not reading the tender correctly, etc.

We picked up on most things pretty quickly anyway but our site supervisor was also awesome who was on top of most of the issues before we even noticed them.

Let me know if you have any specific questions - happy to help and share.
Monty85
bannie
\"Monty85":31mx7n17
After 7 months of planning with NLH (first tender was in July 2020) we are finally about to get started with our build - building a modified Ivy 5.

Hey Mate,

How did your build go?

Yeah it went pretty well all things considering. Check out my Instagram page where i posted updates along the major milestones.

https://www.instagram.com/ivy5custom/?hl=en

Build took 23 weeks from breaking ground to handover - although we did get lucky and scrape in just before the major material shortages reeked havoc. Build quality has been very good and the only major issues we faced were administrative by nature. Ordering wrong materials, not reading the tender correctly, etc.

We picked up on most things pretty quickly anyway but our site supervisor was also awesome who was on top of most of the issues before we even noticed them.

Let me know if you have any specific questions - happy to help and share.

Good to know that all went well with your build. We just started our build, slab will be poured tomorrow I guess. We are building Genoa Twin Custom (New Edge Homes). Who was your site supervisor?
bannie
Good to know that all went well with your build. We just started our build, slab will be poured tomorrow I guess. We are building Genoa Twin Custom (New Edge Homes). Who was your site supervisor?

Exciting times!! Scott Page was our SS. He was fantastic. Very accommodating and on top of everything.
Monty85
bannie

Exciting times!! Scott Page was our SS. He was fantastic. Very accommodating and on top of everything.

Very exciting times indeed. Brendan is our SS and so far he has been good too.
Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

15/11/2023
Kitchen living Dining

General Discussion

Can anyone suggest a house layout where the kitchen-dining - living runs the length across the rear of the house left to right where our best view will be we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum