Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Flaggie's Home - Master BR update pg.69

Page 45 of 70
Hey that's the front door I'm having. The middle wooden one with the glass cut out. I loooovvveee it!!
flagstaffIV
sleven
Hey Flaggie - that's heaps of organising - if all goes to plan I will be off for 1 week before we get keys - so I'm hoping to be as organised as you!!! And OMG Yes to Ikea blinds
I love the sheers and the panels!!!

Love the feature security door - if you don't mind i would LURVE to see some facade pics - we're still deciding whether to get security - so I would love to see your front to compare!!!

Hey Sleven! ROFL... I am 'trying' to be organised! I am the biggest procranstinator!!
I know... HTB asked me once, "me or Ikea.."
Well he should know the answer to that!

Sure thing! I will PM you shortly. I wasn't too sure either TBH. I was orginally thinking of changing the front door after we move in to this:

I got the inspiration from Barbs gorgeous feature entry door
but as our door looks straight through the house I had to rethink what I wanted to do.
Luckily, today when I went to paid my deposit for the security doors I saw a catalog with this feature security door! *drools* Unfortunately they didn't have it on display or I would've taken a picture of it!!! I've just gotta confirm with HTB that its okay to get this one! (Just in case he stabs me
)
I'll PM you the details of where I'm getting my security doors too. They are very friendly people and are actually close to you

Hey Flaggie

Just curious i your getting security doors for the sliding door also ?? If so can you PM me the details or website of where youe getting them done ?? Thank you !
sharky55_shan
Hey that's the front door I'm having. The middle wooden one with the glass cut out. I loooovvveee it!!

Ooooo can't wait to see it Sharky!

bobes
Hey Flaggie

Just curious i your getting security doors for the sliding door also ?? If so can you PM me the details or website of where youe getting them done ?? Thank you !

Hey Bobes! Yup getting them for my sliding doors aswell. No worries... I'll PM you all the details shortly
flagstaffIV

So much to organise when your moving, but it makes the last weeks go quicker because your so busy! That is the best looking security door I've ever seen!!
brb_654
flagstaffIV

So much to organise when your moving, but it makes the last weeks go quicker because your so busy! That is the best looking security door I've ever seen!!

Yup! My head is spinning but I'm loving every moment of it!
Thanks Barb! If the catalog wasn't right infront of me I would've never noticed it! It was meant to be!!
(and hubby said I can get it!)
flagstaffIV
Boy has this week been crazy!!

So far I've managed to organise the following:

- Council bins
- Aircon install
- Phoneline
- Fencing (kind of... gotta draw up my plans and sent them off!)
- Fridge & washing machine to be delivered
- All my blinds (minus laundry... here I come Ikea!)
- Security doors and grills

Still to organise:
- Building inspection for PCI

- Insurance

- Flyscreens
- Furniture removalists
- Myself!
(I haven't started pack yet!
)

Gee Flaggie, You have just reminded me on half the stuff i still need to organise for before we move in too.
Looking good too, any chance im not too late for a glimse of the fasade

Cheers for that.
I LOVE THOSE ILLUSION DOORS FROM HUME ASWELL.... proper joined timber too.. not solid core crap... love em... i was going to get the one that didnt have the timber cut out... but due to the size of the door i am having (1200 wide x 2340 high) i felt i need something with less glass.. so i opted for a door like Johnny d's.
but i love those doors
You have been busy! remember to try and take a break
hey flaggie, your list is very useful...

how about tv antenna?
TheAlbany
Gee Flaggie, You have just reminded me on half the stuff i still need to organise for before we move in too.
Looking good too, any chance im not too late for a glimse of the fasade

Cheers for that.

Hehehe! Glad I helped some what

No probs. I'll PM you shortly

pedro.lyn.josh
I LOVE THOSE ILLUSION DOORS FROM HUME ASWELL.... proper joined timber too.. not solid core crap... love em... i was going to get the one that didnt have the timber cut out... but due to the size of the door i am having (1200 wide x 2340 high) i felt i need something with less glass.. so i opted for a door like Johnny d's.
but i love those doors

Awww sad....
I would love to see one of those doors for your entrance way... Off to find JohnnyD's thread...

shonzilla
You have been busy! remember to try and take a break

Yup! Just spent an hour and a half at the house stacking my bricks up. I was sooooo tired I think I only got through 1/3 of them. Back at it tomorrow! Thanks for looking out for me Shon
I'm breaking now!

pac-manny

how about tv antenna?

Noted... Thanks
glad to hear you are relaxing a bit! when your done come fly over for coffee
shonzilla
glad to hear you are relaxing a bit! when your done come fly over for coffee

Would love to! Aubin Grove is a lovely estate but boy it it pricey!
You have done very well Shonz!
thats perth for you

thanks flags, so have you!
shonzilla
thats perth for you

thanks flags, so have you!

I didn't realise it was that bad...

flagstaffIV
pac-manny

how about tv antenna?

Noted... Thanks

Don't go with Jim's Antennas. Quoted almost $500 for an antenna, clearly taking advantage of new residents at least in
my area, who need an antenna, as bunny ears don't work temporary even.
A Local guy did it, with new cables for the TV's for less than $200.

Write down a list of all the phone numbers you'll need and try to get as many quotes before you move in.
I struggled not having the internet on to Google local businesses.

The house looks fabulous!
Really warm and inviting, so much so
i'm moving in too.
The Little Misses
Don't go with Jim's Antennas. Quoted almost $500 for an antenna, clearly taking advantage of new residents at least in my area, who need an antenna, as bunny ears don't work temporary even.
A Local guy did it, with new cables for the TV's for less than $200.

Write down a list of all the phone numbers you'll need and try to get as many quotes before you move in.
I struggled not having the internet on to Google local businesses.

The house looks fabulous!
Really warm and inviting, so much so
i'm moving in too.

That is not cool... I didn't think we would have that bad reception, clearly I am wrong

Okay... I don't have a big pantry like Dee's, so you might just have to stay in one of the spare rooms
Hehehe I can imagine you in my head with that big smile!

Uhhhhhh~! Have to go back to work coz I forgot to make photocopies of my house plans for the inspector tomorrow!!
bobes
flagstaffIV
sleven
Hey Flaggie - that's heaps of organising - if all goes to plan I will be off for 1 week before we get keys - so I'm hoping to be as organised as you!!! And OMG Yes to Ikea blinds
I love the sheers and the panels!!!

Love the feature security door - if you don't mind i would LURVE to see some facade pics - we're still deciding whether to get security - so I would love to see your front to compare!!!

Hey Sleven! ROFL... I am 'trying' to be organised! I am the biggest procranstinator!!
I know... HTB asked me once, "me or Ikea.."
Well he should know the answer to that!

Sure thing! I will PM you shortly. I wasn't too sure either TBH. I was orginally thinking of changing the front door after we move in to this:

but as our door looks straight through the house I had to rethink what I wanted to do.
Luckily, today when I went to paid my deposit for the security doors I saw a catalog with this feature security door! *drools* Unfortunately they didn't have it on display or I would've taken a picture of it!!! I've just gotta confirm with HTB that its okay to get this one! (Just in case he stabs me
)
I'll PM you the details of where I'm getting my security doors too. They are very friendly people and are actually close to you

i love both
jessie87
i love both

Thanks Jess.... they make me drool!

So got up at 6.30am this morning to meet the inspector on site!

Good news... everything is structurally sound...

Downside... there are afew places where the plaster isn't straight. Main one is near the sliding door in the lounge room... the wall is about 1.5cm out!
There's also a cornice in the dining area which is 1cm out too...
I just want to move in... they can fix it later
Related
30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

12/12/2023
Rumpus conversion to a master with ensuite

Renovation + Home Improvement

From the information posted it looks to me your rumpus room is nothing more than extended garage. That will present a number of challenges. Single brick wall between…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum