Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 440 of 579
Watch national tiles they have contracts with Metricon so they hold stock for them meaning you can put your order in but they can run out of your tile

We have got 300x600 tiles in our bathrooms and no one said a word to us about paying more or not being allowed them at all.
I think have a copy of the document Beaumont Tiles give you with the restrictions on Sizes, will upload photos tonight if I haven't thrown it out. (We are going with national tiles)
Our tiling started today

For anyone that has built with Coral, once you told them your changes to plans and upgrades etc. how long did they take to get your contract done? We are going to building contract today or tomorrow and wondering how long we should expect to wait before it comes back?

Thanks!!
Caydenn
For anyone that has built with Coral, once you told them your changes to plans and upgrades etc. how long did they take to get your contract done? We are going to building contract today or tomorrow and wondering how long we should expect to wait before it comes back?

Thanks!!
a good few weeks it ain't quick

Caydenn

Thanks!!

Depends on the extent of your changes. First go for us was about 5 weeks to get tender 1 and modified plans. Tender 2 and 3 all took an additional 3-4 weeks each. More changes were required to contract which was from memory another 4 weeks from tender 3.

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
We signed our contract 11 January. We ordered it two weeks before Xmas at least. We had contract returned around 23 feb to enable us to pay deposit.

StephLee
MrsJM
klea
[quote="StephLee"]Has anyone else noticed in their contract it says you can't select tiles over 400x400 for bathroom floors or they won't lay them? Something to do with the shower space.. The tiles we want are 450x450
/quote]

As others have said, you should be able to get the 450x450 but there is extra labour cost. I have 450x450 (and wanted 600X600). The shower is the main issue because they need the floor inside the shower to slope towards the floor waste (drain). To achieve this the tiler often needs to cut larger tiles into smaller pieces so they can create the fall they need.

Wow- I was just flat out told by Beaumont they were a no no. Even if I wanted to pay additional labour costs. There is so much inconsistency with information. So frustrating.

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Ahhhh, that's such a pain! Looks like I will find out on Friday at our tile appointment with National Tiles... guess il have to decide on a back up option just in case
/quote]

We are with national tiles - we went promenade griege Matt I think it is in the 450x450 and didn't get any extra charge. Selection was last year though and rules can definitely change with coral!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85653&p=1642230#p1642230
dougang287
Watch national tiles they have contracts with Metricon so they hold stock for them meaning you can put your order in but they can run out of your tile

That's a joke! I WOULD LOSE MY SH*T!
Caydenn

Thanks!!

We were told 2-4 weeks because we were doing an 'express packaged price' however it took almost 3 months..
H Family Build
Ahhhh, that's such a pain! Looks like I will find out on Friday at our tile appointment with National Tiles... guess il have to decide on a back up option just in case
/quote]

We are with national tiles - we went promenade griege Matt I think it is in the 450x450 and didn't get any extra charge. Selection was last year though and rules can definitely change with coral!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85653&p=1642230#p1642230

Oh, thank you for that! I guess I will see what happens.. are they able to give you an estimate on pricing at the appointment or do you have to wait for Coral to process it and get back to you..?
StephLee
Caydenn

Thanks!!

We were told 2-4 weeks because we were doing an 'express packaged price' however it took almost 3 months..
/quote]
.... We are being told 3 weeks for ours. They better hope they can get it in 3 weeks because they originally were going to have it done before the end of June for FHOG. Starting to already feel deflated about all this build stuff because of finance
We put in our application on the 9th of June and still don't have an answer. We are sending our broker so many documents and important information about where we are at and don't even get a reply to our emails.

Not to mention our finance clause has now started with Stocklands so we need to get our Building contract to get our finance approved... argghhhh
Caydenn
StephLee
Caydenn

Thanks!!

/quote]
.... We are being told 3 weeks for ours. They better hope they can get it in 3 weeks because they originally were going to have it done before the end of June for FHOG. Starting to already feel deflated about all this build stuff because of finance
We put in our application on the 9th of June and still don't have an answer. We are sending our broker so many documents and important information about where we are at and don't even get a reply to our emails.

Not to mention our finance clause has now started with Stocklands so we need to get our Building contract to get our finance approved... argghhhh
/quote]

I know, its painful.. we just had another issue with our finance. Our finance clause ends on Friday and our bank won't fully approve the loan until the land registers... DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! So our broker is running around trying to sort it, I am trying not to stress. We paid our initial Coral deposit in March (I think) to get our contract done ASAP for FHOG and they dragged it out until 2 weekends ago. I really hope they do it in 3 weeks for you! I did make quite a few structural changes to be fair.

At least it looks like the FHOG has been extended until December?
StephLee
I know, its painful.. we just had another issue with our finance. Our finance clause ends on Friday and our bank won't fully approve the loan until the land registers... DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! So our broker is running around trying to sort it, I am trying not to stress. We paid our initial Coral deposit in March (I think) to get our contract done ASAP for FHOG and they dragged it out until 2 weekends ago. I really hope they do it in 3 weeks for you! I did make quite a few structural changes to be fair.

That's EXACTLY the same issue for us, loan won't fully approve until the land registers!! Even though the block is flat, pegged and they can walk on it to do valuations they won't go unconditional until it's registered. My concern is though that once the land settles in mid July we have 2 weeks to settle or they start hammering you with fee's and I'm really worried our contract won't be done by then.

Home owners grant has been extended which is awesome
! I just want this all to go smooth sailing and not hearing anything back about finance yet is killing me it's been almost 2 weeks
Caydenn
StephLee

That's EXACTLY the same issue for us, loan won't fully approve until the land registers!! Even though the block is flat, pegged and they can walk on it to do valuations they won't go unconditional until it's registered. My concern is though that once the land settles in mid July we have 2 weeks to settle or they start hammering you with fee's and I'm really worried our contract won't be done by then.

Home owners grant has been extended which is awesome
! I just want this all to go smooth sailing and not hearing anything back about finance yet is killing me it's been almost 2 weeks
/quote]
I just got this email from our broker about it... "what has happened is the title details that Stockland has provided haven't yet registered...the bank is trying to find out the current title details so they can do their searches and ensure Stockland has the legal right to sell to you. Your conveyancer said she will be able to track the info down for us."

So perhaps you need to get a solicitor involved ASAP?
If this works.. Il let you guys know haha
StephLee
dougang287

That's a joke! I WOULD LOSE MY SH*T!
I've heard this from a couple of sources

Hi guys, can anybody please explain the "tender" to me and how long does it take to get to this stage?

Sorry if i sound so in the dark!

Cheers
breebarter
Hi guys, can anybody please explain the "tender" to me and how long does it take to get to this stage?

Sorry if i sound so in the dark!

Cheers

Tenders are before the contracts drawn up. I would add absolutely EVERYTHING into it including upgrades in kitchen bathrooms, also include$ for variations (colours -in case you've missed something, electrical, bushfire-if you need it, driveway, portico & patio slab) you can take things out but it takes 2-4wks in between to add variations once contract signed and correct errors even if Cs fault. All quite depressing so expect the worst and you will be pleasantly suprised, hopefully
sorry if I've missed things...

[quote="StephLee"]Has anyone else noticed in their contract it says you can't select tiles over 400x400 for bathroom floors or they won't lay them? Something to do with the shower space.. The tiles we want are 450x450
/quote]
Coral has several ranges depending on which package to you take up.

the most recent package change is also by far the dumbest.: -

current promos on offer - if you go with the DESIGNER + luxury tiles upgrade pack you get a choice upto 450x450 or 300x600.
BUT if you go elegance + tiles upgrade (in one of several combo packs atm), you only get upto 450x450

go figure...

and it seems this information isn't being made all that clear, even to the SC's - as i recently discovered with my last discussion...

BTW all this info can be found on the coral website under their Terms and Conditions page (yeah, i read it all - and check every so often, as I've been caught with this type of B.S before)

http://coralhomes.com.au/terms-conditions
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum