Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 433 of 433
Samz_Turra
Has anyone started building with Metricon in Sydney recently? We are experiencing significant delays in getting to slab stage. Our construction officially started end of Jan 2022 and we are not even at a stage where the slab formwork is complete. Now with the rains there is absolutely no chance of anything moving. I have been in touch with our SM and according to him some contractors who were supposed to work few weeks ago had too much work on hand and didn't show up to our site.

Is this an industry wide issue?

Hi. Can you pls share the progress of your home? I am about to give a go ahead to Metricon to start building our home in Sydney and would like to understand how things are progressing.
Hi,
Our situation is that our price is locked as per April '21 base price (it has already gone up by $70k). We have HIA contract in place and have made 1st progress payment of $25k. All approvals are in place and just need to give a go ahead to Metricon to start building.

Any advise what should we do I.e. go ahead, cancel the contract, wait or is there any other option?
what clause in the contract would you use to cancel? or wait for that matter?
DeepBlue79
Samz_Turra
Has anyone started building with Metricon in Sydney recently? We are experiencing significant delays in getting to slab stage. Our construction officially started end of Jan 2022 and we are not even at a stage where the slab formwork is complete. Now with the rains there is absolutely no chance of anything moving. I have been in touch with our SM and according to him some contractors who were supposed to work few weeks ago had too much work on hand and didn't show up to our site.

Is this an industry wide issue?

Hi. Can you pls share the progress of your home? I am about to give a go ahead to Metricon to start building our home in Sydney and would like to understand how things are progressing.

After months of delay there has been progress on my build in the last few weeks. I've put some of my milestones below:

Site cut 27 Jan 22
Piering 01 Feb 22
No work done - 02 Feb till 21 Apr 22
Slab formwork and plumbing completed - 06 May 22
Slab poured - 10 May 22
Framing started - 23rd May 22
Frame completed - 02 Jun 22

I did a pre-slab, and slab inspection by a third party and besides some minor issues overall they noted good workmanship.

I have just received an invoice for frame completion. I'm will now get my inspectors to check everything.

My SM is updating me every week. Facia and gutters are being installed now. Roofing is booked for mid month.

Things have started to move fast now and I hope the momentum doesn't slow down.
Any specific reason for no works between Feb to Apr ? Any work stop notes issued ?
RameshN
Any specific reason for no works between Feb to Apr ? Any work stop notes issued ?

No notices. I was just told there was too much rain, wet conditions, contractors not able to come due to flooding, contractor had covid etc etc

However during the same time other builds across from me were progressing, hence reason for my earlier post.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum