Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 428 of 730
New only 3 months other one left

This is no good, did he give you any reasons? ? What will happen next?

marina - wow, I have no words.
It was a very disappointing and upsetting moment what didn't help hubby is not well that's the last he needed

Unacceptable marina12.

PCI "tentatively" booked this Wednesday for us. Still quite a bit to do before I'm signing off though.
JamisonMac
Unacceptable marina12.

PCI "tentatively" booked this Wednesday for us. Still quite a bit to do before I'm signing off though.

Nice james. If my driveway is poured tomorrow i dare say we will be end of week?

We just have the full length hanging in the WIR and everyone we have spoken to so far about refitting our wardrobes have suggested removing them anyway. My suggestion to anyone who might be changing their WIR is to ask for a credit from M and start with a blank canvas.
BB i think i gave that tip about 9 months ago .... Have been on this forum too long! The credit is pretty small however (under $100 per robe if i recall correctly ...!) .... Still, with 5 robes, it all adds up!

I took a walk through today joel and some cupboards not painted and still problems with tiles. There will be lots of tape everywhere come Wednesday!
Buildersbob
We just have the full length hanging in the WIR and everyone we have spoken to so far about refitting our wardrobes have suggested removing them anyway. My suggestion to anyone who might be changing their WIR is to ask for a credit from M and start with a blank canvas.

Actually we are quite happy with our wardrobes. We have heaps of hanging space, both long and short. We have added shoe storage below the lower hanging rails ($80), as well as some wire-basket type drawers for jumpers etc (already had them, but only cost about $60 from Bunnings). If we had to fit it out post handover, it wouldn't be any more practical and would have cost a lot more than $140!

Our kids robes only have the top shelf and all long hanging, but that works fine because we put their chest of drawers inside the wardrobe (and they're white, fit perfectly and look like they were designed for it!).

I would suggest its worth checking (in the early days of planning) exactly what they are planning on doing in the wardrobes, as it seems that some of us get top & bottom rails, and some only get top. I guess its just whatever the local carpenter prefers to do although you would think that M should TELL THEM WHAT IS EXPECTED!!! It appears we were just lucky!
You were gillym! We just have the simple hanging
and one shelf. I was going to delete it at colours but hubby said to keep it as we aren't sure when we can get our fit out. It was only $150 so kept it in. Our colours lady said M used to have a company that you could get in to custom fit the wardrobes but stopped doing it for some reason! Makes no sense as would be great to have what gillym has with more shelves

https://mandgbuildatmulgoarise.wordpress.com/
Joel - What did you end up doing about those stairs ?
S-VE
Joel - What did you end up doing about those stairs ?

The concrete was poured today and it is the ramp still. We will bring it up at PCI and see what can be done.

I'll say they can leave it as a ramp however if a retaining wall needs to be built next to it I will tell them that they can build it.

I spoke with my SS today and he said to me we can do PCI whenever we want, just tell him what day and he will book it in. The earliest we can do with work commitments is next Wednesday.
Our bank valuation is tomorrow so all going well we will have keys on Friday. Hooray.

I like the ramp Joel, makes for easy moving in

I also think our PCI's were intentionally held back due to the old SS leaving.
Geesh where have I been?! Haven’t been on for a few days and there’s over 7 pages of goss to catch up on!!

Sorry to hear about everyone’s misfortunes with M but glad to hear some are getting very close to obtaining their keys to their new house. On the weekend we caught up with people who are also building but not with M. So far they have demolished their house and their builders won’t start until Jan-Feb. The stories we've heard already!! They aren't impressed and their build hasn't even started. Plus in their contract they're compensated $1 a day if the builders go over (ludicrous and no incentive to finish before contract ends) so the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

M’s communication is quite lacking, especially from head office. I do wonder if our CC screens our calls. According to our new SS, our CC is “under the pump”. When our SS left we were notified via emails and only because I complained about the lack of work happening at our build. As far as I'm aware, our first SS didn't do a hand over with our second and our second definitely didn't with our third SS (we did that during a 4.5 hour inspection at our house). Not enough people work for M, more on their plate and more profits for Jim.

Fisher75 – How’s the Granitgard fight going? You had me thinking so I asked hubby how’s ours and he said fine (not convinced but…). You have a gap between your slab and the bricks? We had a gap with some of the alfresco but they’ve recently filled that gap in.

Arielbj – Hubby was talking to a fix-it man and he said that the worst house they've had to deal with is in Panania, Padstow, or something that started with P I think. I wondered if he was talking about yours. Who puts up gyprock before the bricks are completed?!? Also, he found out that our first SS is now with another big building company. He can be there problem as I'm really happy with our current SS… are you?

Jol0 – I think things go bad with a build mostly due to an incompetent SS.

Marina12 – I can’t believe your SS, disgusting behaviour. Unbelievable especially during your PCI. We only have one row for hanging clothes in our WIR too. Apparently it depends on your location (and therefore what tradies you get) as to what you might end out getting.

MMeadows – Welcome and good luck.

JamisonMac – You may never know if he got the chop or left. We’re still trying to dig up some info about ours and no one is admitting to anything. I get the impression that they don’t get sacked but maybe they’re asked to leave? Love your bath… am jealous too!

MarkP – Our contract period expired about 5 weeks ago.

WKVillina – Whenever we met with our original SS I’d put what we discussed in writing to make it official. He never wrote to us, just emailed once to forward on a letter (hard work that!). When he left, I wrote an email to our CC with a summary of the outstanding works as listed in the emails (I attached these as evidence). Most, if not all, of the stuff we discussed is being addressed so it’s worthwhile to put stuff in writing to your SS even if he doesn't reply.

S-VE – We were told that our house would take about 7 months IIRC, not 13 months. Fingers crossed you get a good SS and your build runs smoothly.

Those that have frameless showers, do you have a small glass shelf in the corner of two glass panels? Those on The Block don't but we do!
Hi All,

Just a quick update, we decided to go ahead with M and paid our 3900$ few days back
...I can imagine some of you going...WHY!!
..but lets say I am a risk taker like you all

Cheers,

Dreamhome
PCI is booked for next Wednesday the 25th
Excellent news Joel.
Thanks for the information. Redwynne. We are not in the areas you mentioned.
Some party of the bricks has been replaced. I can tell the difference of the workmanship.
Our 3 stairs for the patio and steel hand rails cost 6k.the hand rail is around 15 meters.

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum