Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home build SA Hickinbotham- keys 26/2

Page 43 of 45
Work left: pavers resand after cleaning from vandalism, neighbours pavers concrete fix ups, side house where pavers damaged, alfresco door cladding, pavers taken to be brought back, and nextweek hotwatersystem/ac/gas meter
didnt had a huge list, most paint fixups
Maintenance guy was fixing stuff and ss came around... he was telling the guy off for missing things! Ss was really thurow
Ss went on roof to make sure everything is okay after solar installation and also took out his tools and did stuff homself that he was not happy with that trades did!

Makes me feel much better that he checked things through build. He was concerned about a few walls being straight/level and wanted to make sure its only eyes thats deceived and mot actually the walls! Checked it today with us
also followed upand checked all tepairs/things done since pci!
sounds like he is doing a good job to make sure your all your issues are resolved. fixing other trades issues is probably a big part of his job
So goodbye rental! Exit inspection done! Went well
Now waiting for iwners to go look over the weekend and then we get bond back next week.
Back again! Came back a day sooner! Have flooring installer coming to se us today, early am. He let it slip that planks we watedis 6cm wider than ones installed, wonder why they installed these if they have both... said will offer us a cash rebate if we keep current flooring! Or can install what wanted... well im not inlove with current flooring but might get a change if heart depending on answers we get for our question and what they offer for the rebate we might consider it but at this point we want flooring we paid for.

Tomorrow we get hotwater/ac/gas meter? Not sure xause no notice from agl yet regarding the meter!

Also new furniture delivery tomorrow and container of storage container thursday! Buzzy week

Almost all blinds are up! Only 4 remains but need to cut them to size for bedrooms and laundry .
So floors installation was incorrect flooring! Wrong colour/brand/and narrower by 6cm than what we wanted. Got given 2 options move out of house for 4 days to install what we wanted (pay iwn accomodation/furniture storage) or take a cash rebate and keep current floors, both option now an inconvenience for us so no win really! But at least got some $$ back to add rugs etc to make flooring work us offeted a trafes price for when we want to replace flooring in furniture...
Now to sort out pavers
damn about the flooring - but glad that you can get a cashback and can use that to your advantage. Hope you can get the paving price sorted now.
Hope your camping trip was nice and relaxing
Thanks
yes needed the rest ! Yes flooring is bit of a sad point but at the price the wrong ones ended up being we gota love it!
just pick out some nice rugs from a different flooring company

at least they finally admitted they got it wrong

i dont get my HW and other appliances till thursday but i am looking forward to it.
having to go visit to have a shower sucks.

hope you got your nbn issue sorted and they are updating your address in their database.
crazy day some deliveries started to come in, aircon people was here
apparently they did not know all the electrical/piping was stolen was here about the whole day on and off sorting it out, hotwater unit was installed but still we are waiting for the gas meter! was supposed to be today, so no idea where they are and why its not in yet!
at least have our lounge, bed, fridge now. our container will be coming in tomorrow! so much work to do at least with the ac working now its nice and cool!
Yay for working aircon as its going to be a warm week. Can't wait to see pics of it all completed. So annoying to hear the miscommunication for your build all happening though
Urgh no gas metrr
No contact from ss
Called consultant not in!
Apparently file says she has emailed about it and ss will call! Still nothing and arranged for this 10 days ago!
:O that is crap!
Yes! Urgh wetwipes it is 😂 at least now on a bed and lounge and not camp gear anymore!
small steps but each is closer to the end goal
yep still not gas meter
so no hot water here! tomorrow we get storage container, so tired, and struggeling with the dishwasher it doesn't want to take water in, we have a pipe connected to dishwasher pipe to take it to the tap ( extra length needed due to location) but the dishwasher pipe has a inflow valve I think a box type thing and water doesn't go past it into the dishwasher like as if its blocked! urgh so much to do really not time to struggle with this. when we bought it we got told it included installation but the delivery people just dropped it at the door and we had to struggle with the rest of the stuff to assemble it.
did the documentation when you brought it list installation?
my guess it it doesn't and installation was just something sales guy
Had a look and called them yes have installation on but they didn’t book it in with delivery! So anyway the water inflo device is not letting water theough so technician comming out tomorrow to look at it and get it going!
Gas was done today! Still no plan for electrical/gas! They cant find us we are apparently still being set up! Over 5 months now. Crazy! But good thing we dont get charged supply charges either till who ever has to say our account is up does it!

Got a rug today and cusshions for lounge to better fit with flooring!

So $1000 later! 😖 we finally have something!

House a mess got container drliverd today! Pickup tomorrow! But will get through it eventually!
love your cushions
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum