Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Simonds in Adelaide

Page 43 of 60
Geez Marshall I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Tracey70
Geez Marshall I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Thanks, I suppose I should just be happy it's nothing worse

It's so weird that they keep doing this. Why??

Last night about 10pm I heard a bunch of noise coming from over that way, but it sounded like people going through the skip bins. I thought it sounded like further down the road though. I almost walked over there to see what was going on, but then a couple of cars drove off. I suspect now that this was probably when it happened
MJT
It's so weird that they keep doing this. Why??

Last night about 10pm I heard a bunch of noise coming from over that way, but it sounded like people going through the skip bins. I thought it sounded like further down the road though. I almost walked over there to see what was going on, but then a couple of cars drove off. I suspect now that this was probably when it happened

I really don't know but it's very disheartening
I noticed a Fairmont house further up the road with a smashed window, wish these scumbags would find themselves something better to do!!

Far out! That is getting beyond a joke now. Hope the pr**ks get what they deserve!

twylamc
Far out! That is getting beyond a joke now. Hope the pr**ks get what they deserve!

Tell me about it! This will be the 3rd time now

This is why builders should hire those portable security cameras. It's just unnecessary stress for the home owners having to see their home being vandalized. Just not fair

Disgusting act Marshall.. I hope this will stop or they will be caught...
RegVic
Disgusting act Marshall.. I hope this will stop or they will be caught...

Thanks Reg. Me too

We've been told handover will be in around 8 weeks time.. seems ages away but I'm sure it'll soon come round

Good to know a timeline. I'm feeling quite exposed here hope to get fencing soon. If I hear anything I'll keep a look out.

buildingnanna
Good to know a timeline. I'm feeling quite exposed here hope to get fencing soon. If I hear anything I'll keep a look out.

Yeah I don't blame you there, we have asked Simonds to get a move on with cleaning up the site so we can get the fencing done, can't live there without because we have a large dog.
Thank you, the whole damage thing has put a little seed of doubt in my mind

That will fly Marshall. So much to look forward to!

Marshall5858
buildingnanna

Yeah I don't blame you there, we have asked Simonds to get a move on with cleaning up the site so we can get the fencing done, can't live there without because we have a large dog.

Did they allow you Marshall? I was told I can only do fencing when I get the keys. Fortunately, 1.25 side has been fenced already by neighbors. The remaining ones are still vacant.

Building Simonds Prague in QLD
Horse
Marshall5858
buildingnanna

Did they allow you Marshall? I was told I can only do fencing when I get the keys. Fortunately, 1.25 side has been fenced already by neighbors. The remaining ones are still vacant.

Our SS has agreed to us getting it done before handover but we have to sign a disclaimer

We did our driveway a few days before settlement/handover and we didn't sign any disclaimer?

He said it's something to do with if any damage is done to the bricks..

So ridiculous
sorry you are dealing with that!

Do they put temp fencing and alarms up I SA?
(To be honest I dont think the alarms are actually connected to a system like it says it is, we accidentally set ours off once and in a panic called the number and the person on the other end didn't care. Ditto when the skip up the road at the other simonds place caught fire. Our SS didn't even know about it! -- the only thing going for it is that it is loud!)

Megera
So ridiculous

(To be honest I dont think the alarms are actually connected to a system like it says it is, we accidentally set ours off once and in a panic called the number and the person on the other end didn't care. Ditto when the skip up the road at the other simonds place caught fire. Our SS didn't even know about it! -- the only thing going for it is that it is loud!)

Thanks. No fencing or alarms, they acted surprised when we asked about having fencing

Marshall5858
Megera
So ridiculous

Thanks. No fencing or alarms, they acted surprised when we asked about having fencing

Same here in qld. No temporary fencing. Actually all the builds in our are has no temp fencing

Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum