Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hunter Valley Build -Post Handover Journey Begins :)

Page 43 of 51
Becs Coral
It lookks fabulous.. the colours in the stones are so nice. Am wishing we could delete the driveway out of our contract, especially with the delays, and get exposed ag, but we're aren't allowed.

I was just asking that question on your thread, if you could get a credit for the driveway and do it yourself. What a stuff around. We got an 80% lighter stone and 20% darker stone mix. We are really happy with it. There is a creamy exposed ag just around the corner from us and it looks unreal!

I've been making good use of my new kitchen, I love it 😁

Bobcat is booked for next Tuesday to come cut our front retaining wall out and level out the back ready for turf, can't wait!
I've been slowly working on my back succulent garden, scored me some cheap sandstone rocks on gumtree yesterday - yay! I'll upload some pics when I'm done ☺

I'm hoping to accomplish something similar to this ☺

Aww, yummy, we'll 've over for lunch.lol. that is great news with the sandstone. Looking forward to seeing the garden all come together

DreamHome2point0
I'm hoping to accomplish something similar to this ☺

Very pretty.

I made these dishes over the weekend, all gone now, sorry Bec. The food was just terrible anyways, (lol jokes). I actually surprised myself with how good it all turned out, my friends were impressed too. When you move in let me know when you're free and I'll make some curry for us, not long now Bec ☺

I bet your friends would have loved it. It's amazing how a great kitchen inspires you to cook. Looking forward to having you over for me to cook something for you too.

Becs Coral
I bet your friends would have loved it. It's amazing how a great kitchen inspires you to cook. Looking forward to having you over for me to cook something for you too.

They said they liked it, but we didn't eat until 11pm and after a few beverages, so by then cardboard and water would have tasted great lol.
I'm loving the big cook top and oven too. I can fit 6 baking dishes in the oven, it's amazing!
Oh thanks Bec, sounds good. I can't wait to see your huge island bench in person ☺

All of that food looks divine! You're right- having a brand new kitchen makes ya wanna live in there! I was even skinning chicken drumsticks just because on the weekend (albeit with my gloves on lol) and usually i wouldn't do it even if I really had to!

That succulent garden looks spectacular! I've killed a maiden hair fern in a week so I might need to see what you come up
With for some inspiration!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Love the exposed aggregate finish in the dark finish. I think it will look good for many years to come, just have to convince my wife as she is not a fan of the brown look that used to be everywhere ?. Would you be able to tell me if it was laid over the concrete when it was poured or did they do it after the base concrete had cured? Thanks, Bruce

Actually, looking at it closer, it would appear to be the same aggregate right through. Would that be correct? Thanks, Bruce

MrsJM
All of that food looks divine! You're right- having a brand new kitchen makes ya wanna live in there! I was even skinning chicken drumsticks just because on the weekend (albeit with my gloves on lol) and usually i wouldn't do it even if I really had to!

That succulent garden looks spectacular! I've killed a maiden hair fern in a week so I might need to see what you come up
With for some inspiration!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Thanks Mrs. I've missed having my own kitchen with my own tools lol. I hate using other people's kitchens too cook, I never know where anything is and it just doesn't feel right.
Well done with the skinning of the drumsticks. When it comes to meat if my hubby is home I make him cut it up, under my strict supervision of course, haha.
I already have a few succulents of my own but I also have a few friends that have offered up some cuttings for me. I will keep you posted on the progress. Succulents thrive on neglect 😊

Searching4 knowledge
Love the exposed aggregate finish in the dark finish. I think it will look good for many years to come, just have to convince my wife as she is not a fan of the brown look that used to be everywhere ?. Would you be able to tell me if it was laid over the concrete when it was poured or did they do it after the base concrete had cured? Thanks, Bruce

Thanks. Oh yes I know the brown exposed ag that you're talking about, our old neighbour had one, it always kept in good condition though. The greys and creams are in now days. I really like tge cream exposed ag actually but the grey suits our house, that's why we picked the grey. The pebbles are poured in with the concrete, then once it's set they wash the top layer off, after that in a couple of days the driveway is cut, acid washed and sealed. I hope that this helps ☺
Where are you and your wife building?

Thanks DH2P0. We are going to do an owner build in Belrose in Sydney. I trawl this site for info on as many things as I can and your exposed ag is a good example. In the house we are going to demolish we have a stamped finish in the driveway and so over that 😏 and we are looking for something else. Only problem is my wife isn't keen on it.... always a fly in the ointment?

Searching4 knowledge
Thanks DH2P0. We are going to do an owner build in Belrose in Sydney. I trawl this site for info on as many things as I can and your exposed ag is a good example. In the house we are going to demolish we have a stamped finish in the driveway and so over that 😏 and we are looking for something else. Only problem is my wife isn't keen on it.... always a fly in the ointment?

My husband wanted to owner build this house but I talked him out of it. We run a business and just wouldn't have the time to organise everything. Our friend who is a builder said that he would help us out with owner building it but I wouldn't feel right about it (using him like that). One day when we can afford to take a year off from work, or work part time, we will have the discussion about owner building again.
This site has a world of knowledge and has helped us out heaps! Good luck with your build and driveway, hopefully your wife comes around to the exposed ag ☺

?

Here is a little sneak peek of the progress of my succulent garden...
Gosh I've missed this!
I was lucky enough to get some new cuttings from a friend over the weekend, most of the succulents I already had in pots from my previous garden which was also donated to me from family and friends. I'm so lucky, happy to share some cuttings around once I get some pups 😊

DreamHome2point0
Gosh I've missed this!
I was lucky enough to get some new cuttings from a friend over the weekend, most of the succulents I already had in pots from my previous garden which was also donated to me from family and friends. I'm so lucky, happy to share some cuttings around once I get some pups 😊

Ooooh i love succulents
looks fab so far!!

I hope to use them for our front garden too. I have heaps of yuccas & agaves, just need to get some smaller varieties.

Whats your plan for the surroundings... stones or woodchip??

lozza81
DreamHome2point0
Gosh I've missed this!

Ooooh i love succulents
looks fab so far!!

I hope to use them for our front garden too. I have heaps of yuccas & agaves, just need to get some smaller varieties.

Whats your plan for the surroundings... stones or woodchip??

Thanks Lozza. I keep going to the back door and staring at the garden, I love it, can't wait to see the succulents thrive!

Hubs and I were just discussing rocks or woodchip. I think I'm leaning towards rocks which we will hopefully get next week.

I have a wide variety in my garden, you're welcome to some cuttings if you're ever near my way ☺

It looks beautiful. A nice little tranquil garden.

Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum