Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

SLIGHTLY WARPED Southport HGWA Madora Bay WA

Page 43 of 46
Thanks for the info! Our door had the bottoms painted before they were installed....my uncle is a house painter and said that they most definitely should be painted but most builders don't.
Well.....

Wifey received a phone call at midday from our step in SS, asking if we could postpone our PCI for tomorrow, as he wouldn't be able to make it. As I didn't take the call, but could just hear what was going on, I was fuming and making 'not happy' gestures and comments to my Wifey.

He suggested that he'll call around and see if there is anyone to do it.

At 4ish, he called back, saying all is good, and our original SS was able to do it.

I'm glad that they sorted it out, but I wish they had done it before calling us.

Goodluck today

Goodluck today

Good luck spuddles..
Good luck guys. Hope it's going well today

Got to PCI about 10 minutes early, after grabbing a much needed coffee. Ron, our SS, was already there, and had opened our home up.

We spoke briefly about his holiday, and that while he was gone, not a lot had happened. A clean hadn't been done of the home (booked in for tomorrow!!) and Ron queried that the PCI had been booked too early, as there were many small things that needed fixing. We decided to go ahead with it, as we had been keeping a list of items that required attention.

My Wifey's awesome list. Attention to detail.

We went through our list, with Ron agreeing to everything. He was quite happy with the Wife's list. So much so, that he wrote on the PCI, to go by our list.

Throughout the build, we were checking items such as:
Cornice
White set
Brickwork
Tiling
Glass
Window frames

As we hadn't been in the home for some time, we double checked everything, but concentrated on:

1)Powerpoints working (91 individual points checked with iPhone chargers!!)
2)Doors open/close (one hard to close)
3)Hot/cold running water (took bucket to check washing machine taps and fridge tap)
4) carpet (had ripple in our bedroom)
5) lights (two weren't working)
6) all other electrical (range hood, exhaust fans, aircon [it actually tripped the fuse when we went from cold to hot])

We are currently writing out the revised PCI, before emailing to our CLO, and a hard copy to Ron.

Overall, we were very happy with our home.

My stunning Wifey having fun.

Wow you were so thorough. Good idea it's a pain having things fixed while your trying to move in.
There was a couple of things we missed and didn't find until after we moved in but they were very quick to fix them. Your house is looking amazing.
All in all I thing we had good builds.
Congratulations. I bet you can't wait to move in.

Yay!!! That's AWSEome lucky your on the ball

Sounds like it went well. Your wife has done brilliantly. Appreciate all the tips too!
Hey spuddles just caught up with your build congrats on PCI not long till you move in now

Good luck with it all
:-D your house looks fab
So I have to fly back to work this arvo. But before I did, we stopped off at IKEA and picked up a dozen of these temporary blinds.
Asteal at this price.
Great option until we decide and afford what we really want.

What a great idea, that's exactly what I need, I'll be making a trip to Ikea before handover!!
Congrats spuddles! Nearly there... Don't do what I (idiot) did with those great temp blinds and stuck them to the plaster rather than the aluminium frames... ://

Those temp blinds are great - i had them on my previous build. Bought mine from bunnings (haven't seen them since). The ones i had peeled off easily from the window frames after 4 years

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
Congrats on successful pci. So next time you're back home you could be moving?

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
What a great idea, and price!

Much better than black plastic

Hey Spuddles, how's everything coming along?

Stilettos & Bricks, our Building Journey Blog
https://stilettosbricks.wordpress.com/
Building thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85183&hilit=secret+harbour
spuddles76
Wifey has made a huge customised checklist, and has already included any issues we have found along the way.

We started out with a checklist like this, and just customised it.

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/122 ... 079B5&dl=1

Hi Spuddles,

Please share again your PCI checklist, if you don't mind. Thanks

Related
17/10/2023
Warped/damaged roof truss?

General Discussion

It's hard to comment as the photos area bit dark ( you might need a new 15 - just got one and wow > ) Jokes aside, I can see one member that is cracked. I would find a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum