Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BUILDING IN MANOOKA VALLEY CURRANS HILL

Page 43 of 45
Hi Sammi!

We were quoted 60m allowance - we only used 24.4! Our house is on a bed of shale... so it made it cheaper for piering
You guys will prob be similar
I hope you get heaps back!

However... The plumber needs to cut through the rock to put the plumbing in, so that will cost us. But it should still result in us getting money back (according to our slab supervisor). I think we'll get a grand or so back.

Woohoo!

You guys will be done soon I think. Once they pegged, it took about 2 weeks to start! Scraping yesterday, piering and formwork today, plumbing tomorrow, and slab next week (weather permitting).

Yay!

Jess
Wow!!! That came in heaps less!!!!
I hope it's the same for us.
Is Ryan your SS?
Hi Sammiandnathan, jessandtim
We are building backing onto Gregory Hills, lot 402, and we just found out that there will be a 3-4.5 metre wall dividing the two estates. We didn't know about this,and it was the council planner who advised us of what was happening! Apparantly it was all approved last April, and because no one made any negative feedback it was all approved! Something Suellen failed to advise us! So our back fence will be 3-3.5 metres high! There will be no fence the back side us, as this is the drainage flow for the basin on Gregory Hills side! The parkland beside us still has to be developed and landscaped. We have had our slab done, and are now waiting for the frame and roof.
1st time
Hi Sammiandnathan, jessandtim
We are building backing onto Gregory Hills, lot 402, and we just found out that there will be a 3-4.5 metre wall dividing the two estates. We didn't know about this,and it was the council planner who advised us of what was happening! Apparantly it was all approved last April, and because no one made any negative feedback it was all approved! Something Suellen failed to advise us! So our back fence will be 3-3.5 metres high! There will be no fence the back side us, as this is the drainage flow for the basin on Gregory Hills side! The parkland beside us still has to be developed and landscaped. We have had our slab done, and are now waiting for the frame and roof.

Wow i had no idea about this and is very different to the hermitage which also shares boarders with gregory hills. I wonder why they would errect such a large fence it seems very unnecessary. Did your Conveyancor say anything?
Hi 1st time.....wow, first I heard of that.......I was just saying to Nathan that the massive piles of Dirt on the Gregory Hills side made me nervous....
I'm a little annoyed at myself for not enquiring about what was going on around us.....lovely 3.5 metre fencing.....and by the looks of it, they will all be looking over our houses......nice......
We drove through today and saw more scraping had been done, houses are going to start popping up everywhere, it's getting exciting!!!
Hi
We inquired about what was going on behind us, at no time did Suelllen mention the wall, just that the blocks behind us were going to be 900sq and that it was deemed and environmental area. What are the hermitage putting in, do you know? Apparently Gregory Hills didn't want to put in retaining walls, so they have excavated down, then will bring the levels up, totally insane if you ask me, so much more expensive! Our conveyancer didn't mention it either.
We went to the Gregory Hills sales office today to ask about the development and the wall. Its a retaining wall and will have housing blocks on top. We went and had a look at the Gregory Hills site and found this: http://www.gregoryhills.com.au/masterpl ... d-release/. So we will have a huge wall and then houses and their back fences on top. So yep, we can wave at them as they look at our blocks, sammiand nathan! The sales guy told us there will be a thin nature strip between our development and the wall.

I've never seen anything like it before. It's so weird the council allowed that there, whereas for us on the 'urban fringe' we can't 'spoil the natural contours of the land'.
Unbelievable!! I suppose there's nothing we can do now....the fact that this information wasn't 'shared' by Suellen and the developers doesn't surprise me one bit, considering they had a really difficult time telling the truth before the land registered. ....really not happy about it though....it's really going to affect the idea I had in my little head about lovely big blocks and houses....when we are outside tending to our gardens, having a beer with our wonderful neighbours and looking at a big ugly massive wall...ah well.
Hi Jess and Tim
From what the guy from the council said, I don't think they will build the house and fencing on top of the wall, there isn't enough dirt to fill it in, they will raise it but not to the extent that we will have on our side. I will call the council to have them clarify the planning, and find out how high the fence is meant to be.
Hey Jess and Tim
Your slab was done today

On previous discussions, we spoke to a worker today that is doing the 'wall', he said it would be 3.5m high, and they are backfilling to make a retaining wall and housing on top. totally crazy when they have excavated and flattened, only to fill and build up on Gregory Hills side. We have resigned ourselves to the fact, but are looking at it in a positive way, being privacy and we do gain 200mm at no cost! We will put some trees across the back that flower, and because the color is charcoal, it will make the trees the feature. We can't do anything about it, but I will be writing suellen an email, asking why it wasn't disclosed when we queried her on what was happening behind us. Considering it was all approved in April last year, before the blocks went up for sale, so she has no excuses!
Does anyone know if there will be a road connecting gregory hills and manooka valley? I remember hearing about it a while ago but im not sure where it will be?
Hi Gem_Jas
There will be one road connecting the two estates, it will be off turner rd, but won't be done anytime soon, as Manooka Valley will extend over the creek and beyond, where it will join up to Gregory Hills. If you go to the Camden Council website, it is in their planning projection 2010.
1st time
Hi Gem_Jas
There will be one road connecting the two estates, it will be off turner rd, but won't be done anytime soon, as Manooka Valley will extend over the creek and beyond, where it will join up to Gregory Hills. If you go to the Camden Council website, it is in their planning projection 2010.

Thanks so much. The connection to gregory hills will provide so many more options for childcare as based on what ive found there is only 1 decent centre locally and gregory hills has quite a few with great feedback. Hubby will also be happy he can access the new pub being built there ☺
Hi Gem_Jas
Great idea, I'm keen, what do others think?
Thanks for the info on the wall first time... We will see how it develops over time and what it all looks like
Sounds good Gem_Jas17. We move in next week!! So excited!!!

Caruana Clan
Sounds good Gem_Jas17. We move in next week!! So excited!!!

Thats awesome news!! We shouldnt be too far behind you guys but they still arent giving us a date. My house has boxes everywhere we look like we live in a box shop!

I'll create the facebook page and hopefully we can get some people joining. I'll post the link soon
I sent a join request
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum