Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 418 of 862
Back Pocket
tinker
Helen

Since the new SS took over its been one thing or the other has been going wrong. For everything his response has been its as per plan or that’s how it’s done in displays.
When it came to our kitchen feature wall and Galley splashback tiling which were suppose to have tiles like the Hoffman aspire display i.e. tiles around the window frame without architraves. We have specifically requested this during out tile appointment and allowed for additional tiles in the tile plan. During our site visits several time we mentioned this to SS and he confirmed that tiling will be done as per display. When we noticed that the architraves were fixed around these 2 windows before tiler started work and we reminded SS again and he mentioned architraves will be removed before tiling. To avoid any confusion, we have even emailed the photos of the display and mentioned this to the tiler when we met the tiler as per his request to clarify some tile selections. The Tiler has also said that architraves will be removed before tiling.

Today we drove past the house and to our surprise and horror the kitchen feature wall has been tilled with the architraves attached and the same issue with the galley splashback.

Called our SS immediately, he casually said that he is aware of it and cant remove the architrave because window would come off or some nonsense and he was going to emails us. We didn’t receive any email and he was not even bothered to discuss with us even after we have emphasised this several times and he has confirmed that it will be done as per the PD display.

If we want something done in a way, paid for it and mentioned in the tile appointment specially as per display, he should call us before deciding its fine to keep it with the architrave.

If PD cant do features as per display why are they offered. Disappointed frustrated and annoyed. Its something we will not be giving into.

If it was our first SS I'm sure this wouldn't have happened and he would be top of all of the issues and our concerns. Despite all our efforts to avoid mistakes like these he hasn't taken an effort to do his job.

P.S

Anyone building pls make sure if you find a mistake make sure it's changed immediately even if it doesn’t affect the Progress of the work. And can be done later on. They will try to take the easy way out.

We will be checking this too Tinker, we asked for the same thing! and paid extra as I am sure you did for the tiles to go into the window in the kitchen. Things have slowed down at our place. Bricking seems to take forever.

Yes we did too. Were told they do it with out the architraves like the display it costs more.(on the window sill as well). Most frustrating part is we have been discussing this with our SS and BC reminding them about it even before the architraves were fixed.

Hope they don't make the same mistake. Bricking does take some time depending on the weather. It does feel like that. some days they do do quite a lot others not much. Think ours took about 3 weeks or so. Hope things are still happening inside. Our 1st SS had things organized things in such away. Other stuff inside was completed during the same time.

Before you know it will be lock up stage.
charlene_feng
Hi everyone, just create an account in homeone today... I am also building with PD of the Montague 21. Have signed all the contracts but just waiting the land settle, waiting is a long long time..... Anyone building the Montague 21 as well?? Any blog to share? Cheers.

Hi Charlene,

We are also building a Montague 21 which we made a Montague 25 with all the extensions

Our land settles tomorrow!!!! woohoo... and then we have to wait for the loan to be finalised... and hopefully we start in a few weeks...
Ally007
charlene_feng
Hi everyone, just create an account in homeone today... I am also building with PD of the Montague 21. Have signed all the contracts but just waiting the land settle, waiting is a long long time..... Anyone building the Montague 21 as well?? Any blog to share? Cheers.

Hi Charlene,

We are also building a Montague 21 which we made a Montague 25 with all the extensions

Our land settles tomorrow!!!! woohoo... and then we have to wait for the loan to be finalised... and hopefully we start in a few weeks...

Hi Ally,
It's so excited that u will starting the building process very soon!!! I have to wait till the mid of Nov. I am building in Williams Landing, u? Montague 25 must be awesome, if I got that big lot I will go for 25 as well. Also we are building all the extension, love the design. Can't wait to see it. >__<
charlene_feng
Ally007
charlene_feng

Hi Charlene,

Hi Ally,
It's so excited that u will starting the building process very soon!!! I have to wait till the mid of Nov. I am building in Williams Landing, u? Montague 25 must be awesome, if I got that big lot I will go for 25 as well. Also we are building all the extension, love the design. Can't wait to see it. >__<

Hi,

we are building in Ambrosia, Cranbourne West.
Well there isn't really a Montague 25, it's a Montague 21 with all the extras, living, 4th bedroom, extended kitchen and grand alfresco so it ends up being 25 squares. That's why I call it a Montague 25 lol... We actually have a lot that is too big for it, Montague 21 first on a 12,5 width, we have a block that is 14x32, so we will have a bit extra on the side, we will see if it's worth it or not. I'm not excited yet, I will be once I have an actual start date, when I know everything is finally sorted.
When is your settlement?
Serenity_Now
Does anyone have details on how much water was used during their build? From what I understand, we are liable to pay for the water whilst PD will pay for the electricity during the build. Just wanted to check what would be considered 'reasonable' usage of water.

Yep - you start paying the day you buy the block - even if no water used. I'd imagine actual water usage is low - but its the admin etc costs.
Hi,
Love the way u named it Montague 25, so both of us got the Montague 25 lol. We still not sure the settlement date. Before we were advised in October but received an email few weeks before said it delayed to the mid of November. So it seems a long long time for me.
Quote:
Hi,
Well there isn't really a Montague 25, it's a Montague 21 with all the extras, living, 4th bedroom, extended kitchen and grand alfresco so it ends up being 25 squares. That's why I call it a Montague 25 lol... We actually have a lot that is too big for it, Montague 21 first on a 12,5 width, we have a block that is 14x32, so we will have a bit extra on the side, we will see if it's worth it or not. I'm not excited yet, I will be once I have an actual start date, when I know everything is finally sorted.
When is your settlement?

Ally does your land have any easements on it? My land is 32 x 14 same as yours, but with a set back at the front of 5 meters and 6 meters to the garage, and a easement of 2.5 running along the back of my property (PD add another 1 meter to that), I had to actually shorten the grand alfresco quite a bit, so just be aware of it.

My house sale settled, my land purchase settled, have done colors, electricals, tiles and signed contracts, will get around to starting a blog soon, my site is due to start November 15th I am told.

Hi Charlene

I am building a Montague 25 also like Ally. Look forward to reading your posts too.
Congrats to all the new people signed up to build! I look forward to reading more from you all.

Hopefully, in the next month or so, I intend to join your ranks
clairemumto5
Just thought I would defend my SS - he is actually a top bloke and is doing a great job - we had a great chat on the day it happened, so we were both on the same page my annoyance was with the young louts - which is not his fault anyway...

Oh you poor thing! If my SS said that to me, I'd be telling him there'd be less spew to clean if he did it, b/c if I did it, he'd have to clean mine up as well as the existing spew. I know it's not his fault, but it is unreasonable for him to expect you to clean it up. What if you live an hour away, and these youths come in every night and do that. You can't come and clean it up. And isn't the house not really yours till "Hand over" - you're not allowed to do anything else on the site, so you shouldn't have to clean spew - surely thats an OHS thing - what if you hurt yourself while you were cleaning it up??? It's just something the tradies and SS should have to 'man up' and deal with.
Site scrape happened on Tuesday!!! Wahoo!!!!! It's started! Pics on the blog!
Woohoo, how exciting Inglewood... Congrats - it will roll forward from here - especially if we start getting some better weather....

Welcome to all the newbies.. Good luck with your builds
Congrats Inglewwod on starting, before you know it you will be in. That's how it feels for me now - sitting in my house, very surreal.

Just unpacked about 10 boxes! Just a little every day. Still haven't set up new Internet or phone connection to the house, need to get on to that though as it could take up to 2-3 weeks.

Had tv antenna installed today, measure up for blinds (2 more companies next week) and coordinating landscaping etc. Bust Busy

We do love our house. Just getting used to the size and space, where to put everything. Loving the Bolero Flooring so far. It handled the moving day well and my 2yo running a truck up and down the hall way!

We have changed all our handles over ourselves and the new ones look fab. I bought them from Masters. Took them with us to colours appt to match up the distance between screws and endure the correct "standard" handles installed.

Not loving the weeds and dirt around the house. We will get onto that.
inglewood

congratulations, I am sure the past few weeks have seemed like years waiting for the start! Nice weather from here on so at least no dreaded "weather permitting" waits I hope.

Pics on your blog look great and you have cute kids!

Looking forward to slab pics.
inglewood

Congrats inglewood, exciting times. As BP said above weather will be nice for a smooth building process.

Will follow your blog
MummaDJ
Congrats Inglewwod on starting, before you know it you will be in. That's how it feels for me now - sitting in my house, very surreal.

Just unpacked about 10 boxes! Just a little every day. Still haven't set up new Internet or phone connection to the house, need to get on to that though as it could take up to 2-3 weeks.

Had tv antenna installed today, measure up for blinds (2 more companies next week) and coordinating landscaping etc. Bust Busy

We do love our house. Just getting used to the size and space, where to put everything. Loving the Bolero Flooring so far. It handled the moving day well and my 2yo running a truck up and down the hall way!

We have changed all our handles over ourselves and the new ones look fab. I bought them from Masters. Took them with us to colours appt to match up the distance between screws and endure the correct "standard" handles installed.

Not loving the weeds and dirt around the house. We will get onto that.

Wow, that sound all so kool. Best thing would be long summer days and nice weather outside to complete lot of tasks everyday.

Kids must be enjoying extra space. Your kids were used to with stairs? My kids aren't used to and that will be a trouble.

Did pd cleaned inside and outside before handover?

Enjoy!!
Country Lifestyle
Quote:
Hi,
When is your settlement?

Ally does your land have any easements on it? My land is 32 x 14 same as yours, but with a set back at the front of 5 meters and 6 meters to the garage, and a easement of 2.5 running along the back of my property (PD add another 1 meter to that), I had to actually shorten the grand alfresco quite a bit, so just be aware of it.

My house sale settled, my land purchase settled, have done colors, electricals, tiles and signed contracts, will get around to starting a blog soon, my site is due to start November 15th I am told.

Hi Charlene

I am building a Montague 25 also like Ally. Look forward to reading your posts too.

Yeah I think it's the same thing in the back as yours, because of pipes or something...
We are also positioning the house to the right of the block because of easement or something on the left side so it's cheaper.
What is your block number? we might be neighbours or something

Plus I think we might start at the same time as well...
charlene_feng
Hi,
Love the way u named it Montague 25, so both of us got the Montague 25 lol. We still not sure the settlement date. Before we were advised in October but received an email few weeks before said it delayed to the mid of November. So it seems a long long time for me.

Oh I know the feeling!
When we signed the land contract Titles were supposed to be in July... then August, then late August, then September, then late September... then it was this week, oh yeah, no, this week... oh yeah should be by the end of this week... and man it finally happened last week... the worst thing is that they haven't told us anything unless we called and asked... and they promised to call us once it's done... well they didn't... my conveyancer did, and I have to say they have been awesome!
So I'm just waiting for a call today after 2 pm...
Saint Mike
Serenity_Now
Does anyone have details on how much water was used during their build? From what I understand, we are liable to pay for the water whilst PD will pay for the electricity during the build. Just wanted to check what would be considered 'reasonable' usage of water.

Yep - you start paying the day you buy the block - even if no water used. I'd imagine actual water usage is low - but its the admin etc costs.

I had a look at the water usage and for 3 months it was 12 kL. On average that means they're using 128 litres per day.......that seems a little high to me hence I wanted to check first.

Edit - And just to put into $ perspective, the water usage alone amounts to ~$50 for 3 months. So assuming at least 6 months of build and current usage that would be ~$100 for water usage.
hi, ive just been advised by PD that we need to cut our grass prior to them cutting the land. Is this standard practice? if so, does anyone have any good cheap labour to recommend? I am building in the northern suburbs
Serenity_Now
Saint Mike
Serenity_Now

I had a look at the water usage and for 3 months it was 12 kL. On average that means they're using 128 litres per day.......that seems a little high to me hence I wanted to check first.

Edit - And just to put into $ perspective, the water usage alone amounts to ~$50 for 3 months. So assuming at least 6 months of build and current usage that would be ~$100 for water usage.

Our water usage wasn't massive, just don't have $$ in front of me. The bulk of the water bill is the sewerage supply costs and water supply costs.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum