Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 413 of 433
Thanks blackcat20. Yes we asked and they said we have to befriend our site manager for this to happen! Apparently they can’t do it at their end, even though so many people want the same look as us. They said don’t get your hopes up!
MLC
madj-m
Drew01
we had flooring in our promo pack when we did our contracts, and had it all credited back, and used somewhere else.

I wonder what's changed...

we were told the same thing, can't get credits that are included in promos. but i think its just a tactic they use so clients don't question it. we pushed back to get credits through our colour appointments and they gave in and gave us credits. e.g. we were told we can't get a credit for the crappy inalto dishwasher included in our promo, we we didn't sign off our colours contract until they did. same thing with carpet, we only wanted upstairs carpeted and got credits for downstairs. and don't worry about their "5 day" period to sign off colour contracts, we went back and forth for 3 weeks until we were happy

just push back. they tell clients certain things for their own convenience and profitability...

Thanks madj-m for letting me know your experience! Will def keep in mind.

Yes we also want to swap the dishwasher but didn’t bring this up at colour appointment as we had already said we wanted 2x different ovens for our appliance wall, another cooktop and Rangehood! We thought we could change dishwasher in future.

They also said they would only credit us for the included oven, cooktop and rangehood if they purchased the new items directly from E & S. I am waiting to see what their quote is on these items, as I have a price (much cheaper than RRP) that we can buy them all for (plus we can get a free dishwasher valued at $2k) and then install after handover. So we will way up once we receive final quote for every new inclusion.

we got quoted appliances 2xovens, 900mm cooktop (both fisher & paykal) and rangehood (sirius). the markup on the best price we could get through retail wasn't actually that much so we've left it in.
Ok good to know madj-m. If there is only a slight price variation then we will go with Metricon buying the items. But if we’re being charged close to the RRP then we will do it as then we get a $3k discount and a free dishwasher!!
MLC
Ok good to know madj-m. If there is only a slight price variation then we will go with Metricon buying the items. But if we’re being charged close to the RRP then we will do it as then we get a $3k discount and a free dishwasher!!

you'll probably go yourself then. how did you get such a big discount?
madj-m
MLC

you'll probably go yourself then. how did you get such a big discount?

20%off items... then when you spend over $5k free dishwasher...this is a promotion that the E & S lady said will come up in the first part of the year. We don’t need anything till end of year so I’m no rush.
MLC
Thanks blackcat20. Yes we asked and they said we have to befriend our site manager for this to happen! Apparently they can’t do it at their end, even though so many people want the same look as us. They said don’t get your hopes up!

Thats frustrating! We didnt bother doing anything about it and I wish I had. The beading is a real collector of cat/dog hair.
blackcat20
MLC

Thats frustrating! We didnt bother doing anything about it and I wish I had. The beading is a real collector of cat/dog hair.

I'm currently renting a brand new townhouse with wood flooring downstairs. In place of wooden quad-beading around the edges, they have used a bead of white silicon sealant instead, around all the wall joins and cabinet-to-floor joins throughout the house. Looks really neat, I think.
r_13
blackcat20
MLC

I'm currently renting a brand new townhouse with wood flooring downstairs. In place of wooden quad-beading around the edges, they have used a bead of white silicon sealant instead, around all the wall joins and cabinet-to-floor joins throughout the house. Looks really neat, I think.

Yes this is what we are after... we just need to make friends with our site manager for it to happen!
MLC
Absolute nonsense... Skirting after flooring costs $1200 ... The only place they won't do it is around the island bench.

Give your sales person a kick!

We got all our appliances through E&S, including paying for installation for over $10k less than the same appliances through M...

Drew01
MLC
Absolute nonsense... Skirting after flooring costs $1200 ... The only place they won't do it is around the island bench.

Give your sales person a kick!

We got all our appliances through E&S, including paying for installation for over $10k less than the same appliances through M...

Thanks Drew01 for sharing your experience.
We’re just waiting the quote after our colours appointment then will see what we can do.
So I have just driven past our block as we are about six weeks from starting our build. I’ve discovered that the builder next door has just scraped their block has dumped all the dirt on our block see pic attached. Are they likely to remove this if I contact them?

shokel1975
So I have just driven past our block as we are about six weeks from starting our build. I’ve discovered that the builder next door has just scraped their block has dumped all the dirt on our block see pic attached. Are they likely to remove this if I contact them?

You can try. If you've got proof it can be a bit easier but they will likely resist. It took a few of us to shame a neighbouring builder into removing concrete dumped on our block.

shokel1975

That's pretty bad. I'd ask Metricon if they need to import fill first, because you've already got it!

shokel1975

Talk to your neighbour if you know them. When we were building, M's contractor also dumped a lot of stuff at our neighbour empty site and we of course didn't know about it since we were in Darwin that time. Our neighbour knows us and contacted us, of course nicely, so we told M to sort that out. M did that. In our final inspection report, we also stated to clear our neighbour side as one of the points.
We drove past on Wednesday and it wasn’t there. Driven past today and neighbours site is scraped and the pile of dirt is there. So pretty sure it is theirs but as you say blackcat20 we don’t have proof... I will contact our neighbour first.
shokel1975
We drove past on Wednesday and it wasn’t there. Driven past today and neighbours site is scraped and the pile of dirt is there. So pretty sure it is theirs but as you say blackcat20 we don’t have proof... I will contact our neighbour first.
Good idea. They can hassle their builder to do the right thing.

blackcat20
shokel1975

Good idea. They can hassle their builder to do the right thing.

We got info of our neighbours builder when they encroached on our lot during their build with fences and dirt 1 metre into our lot.and gave that to Metricon and had them sort it out between themselves
Thanks everyone, I will try owner first and then talk to M. I also took a pic of their builder’s sign with site manager’s phone number is all else fails. Hopefully the owner may take the dirt himself as he mentioned he wants to fill the drop at the rear of the block over the easement.
Hi,
Those who completed building with Metricon recently, will M do concrete topping on your garage slab as per standard?

Thanks
you mean like an epoxy floor?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum