Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 411 of 929
Actually I am on the high side. So the dude behind me will have to look at a 3.0m retaining wall plus a 1.8m fence....would probably feel like Long Bay jail.

Our house is on the left.
Whoever used superior designs for their wardrobes do u have any pics of their work??
We are doing ours afterwards we had quote ended up with 10s of thousands. And we will get it all done for about 5k. They are an absolute ripoff
Andrew92, who are you using?
rmjose18
I'm assuming the retaining wall you see with fence behind .. That's the neighbours box planter retaing wall and the fence is sitting on the boundary. I don't think u can have the fence sting anywhere else other than boundary! Ours would look similar but that's coz our retaining wall will be a boxed planter about 600mm high n my neighbour will be 800mm high n fence will sit on top as that's on boundary! Hope i make sense

Yeah the way I understand it is that the retaining walls are usually built so far into the property on the lower side. So in BB's case the retaining wall is probably inside the boundary line of the lower block.

This is how our retainers are for my land. Block to my left is lower than me and the retainers are built in his yard so my fence will sit back from the top of the retainer.

The block behind me however, is above me and that retainer is built inside my boundary, so my side fence will go up and onto the retainer to the corner. It's actually going to be a interesting back fence as the retainer only goes half way across my back yard. So fence will go up, across back then back down to the other rear corner.
Hi everyone! So excited that everyone is in construction!

A few away from potentially starting construction (fingers and toes crossed!) Seeing that most of you have started construction in Oran Park.. I thought it would wise to ask if you guys would help me understand something before we lodge into CDC with my plans...

There is an obvious step down on the ground works of the proposed plans I've received (pix below) is there a reason why the design isn't flat? On one side there is a significant change in gradient as well.. Wouldn't it be obvious to just cut and fill the section where it steps down?

Any suggestions for a possible alternative option if it can't be helped?

A few away from potentially starting construction (fingers and toes crossed!) Seeing that most of you have started construction in Oran Park.. I thought it would wise to ask if you guys would help me understand something before we lodge into CDC with my plans...

There is an obvious step down on the ground works of the proposed plans I've received (pix below) is there a reason why the design isn't flat? On one side there is a significant change in gradient as well.. Wouldn't it be obvious to just cut and fill the section where it steps down?

rmjose18 and Denot Congrats on getting the PCI and handover dates !
Its only a beginning ... lol, not the end, as we found out today.
Finally moved into our new house.
First night .... almost looks like a hotel, everything so new, but for the suitcases and bags scattered everywhere, which brings us back to reality.

Between tiles and hardwood flooring, especially with kids and pets - Tiles all the way !
We have tiles in common areas and laminate in bedrooms. Laminate is as hard wearing as tiles, and its cheap which means you can change in 5 years time !

Oh and first post using NBN

I think the slanting dash-dotted line is the natural slope of the land.
The solid black line is the building platform which will form after cut-and-fill and on which your house will sit.
We r using superior... Will post in a months time.. For what I wanted they were very well priced! Internal fitouts for wardrobes are between 350-650.. With installation..

Clarendon quoted his n her wardrobe for $16k!!!!
For wardrobes, laundry, kitchen cabinets etc. try Choice wardrobes as well.
We have used them in our previous home and now in the new one as well.
Sydney-build keep us posted on any issues you find in the house. I agree - is like a hotel. Took me a good couple of weeks to sleep well.

Our landscaping is nearly finished and I actually parked my car on the driveway tonight - so sad that I get so excited.

I am a floorboard lover but after doing tiles (due to a very persistent husband) I have been converted. So easy to maintain and clean. No scratches to worry about - absolutely loving them. I would just make sure you get Matt not gloss as they show up every mark.

A couple of photos on my plants - not to exciting

How exciting Rose!! I'll keep checking in..would love to see how you go with your wardrobe fit outs.
Well we finally have handover set for 16 June. This is 10 months since the contact was signed. Really didn't think it would take so long but guess it can take even longer. Wishing I understood more before this all began. Today I picked up being double charged, so watch the bills closely. And now all our work begins.. driveway, tile, carpet, blinds, etc. still to go. All the people we worked with at Clarendon are super nice, but wow this is not an easy process!

How good is good enough on the tiling job? There are a few lips, not as level as I would accept. Any thoughts?

Also wondering how picky to be on the ceiling line above the front door being level. Think we should be getting it redone, but not sure if it is a fair complaint?

Did anyone in Qld get their own inspection service?

Hey SB, hope you are settling in well.
What company did you use for your butlers pantry?
Are you satisfied with their work? The one that I initially finalised has done a runner so urgently in need of someone good.
Thanks.

Sydney-build
For wardrobes, laundry, kitchen cabinets etc. try Choice wardrobes as well.
We have used them in our previous home and now in the new one as well.
For our butlers pantry we used Diamond Marble & Granite.

http://www.diamondgranite.com.au/

They do everything... polyurethane, polytec, stone benchtops, glass splashbacks etc

Choice Wardrobes may also do cabinetry, but they dont do stone benchtops.
Did anyone (in NSW) get any concreting done through Clarendon? Like driveways and down the side of their house?
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum