Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Allworth Homes

Page 42 of 143
Has anyone had the site supervisor 'Bernie'? I found out we go to construction Thursday and that's when we can contact our site supervisor. Just wondering if anyone else has had him as their site supervisor and what they thought.
Dcox hows your plans going? Any news from the council?
Hi guys, I have been following the forum for a while. We are building the Sebring 4 bed with Media/Activities/Alfresco on the south coast. We chose the metro facade. There is a beautiful display of this version of the Sebring at Shell Cove.

Our land is due to register Jan/feb. We have received our preliminary plans, and have a few issues mostly related to the facade. We have extended one whole side 500mm so they changed the windows a little but not to our liking. They also gave us two garage doors instead of one large one which we are supposed to get. We are hoping to get everything we possibly can done before land registers so it'll hopefully speed up the process! Looking forward to sharing the process and learning more from you all!

Nel, he is the supervisor for your slab, in my letter it said once the slab is down I would get contact details for my ss for the rest of the build. Excavation is due to start tomorrow pending weather.

Jetizo welcome, after our preliminary they made changes to plans once, then we had to wait until after our land registered to make further changes.
mel+rob
Nel, he is the supervisor for your slab, in my letter it said once the slab is down I would get contact details for my ss for the rest of the build. Excavation is due to start tomorrow pending weather.

Jetizo welcome, after our preliminary they made changes to plans once, then we had to wait until after our land registered to make further changes.

Oh ok... thanks mel+rob. They said we are moving to construction Thursday but not sure if that means they'll start something Thursday or if he'll just get our file.

jetizo
Our land is due to register Jan/feb. We have received our preliminary plans, and have a few issues mostly related to the facade. We have extended one whole side 500mm so they changed the windows a little but not to our liking. They also gave us two garage doors instead of one large one which we are supposed to get. We are hoping to get everything we possibly can done before land registers so it'll hopefully speed up the process! Looking forward to sharing the process and learning more from you all!

Hi jetizo. Welcome. I am fairly new to this thread too. =) I really hope you don't have to face the delays with your land registering like we did. Ours was meant to register in Feb this year and didn't until September =( Then as mel+rob said, we had to wait for the land to register to make all the changes to our design which really held us up. When we bought the land in Sept 2013, I thought we might be in our house by now, never thought it wouldn't have started yet.
Hi Nelb, that is really unfortunate

We are hoping the developers follow how well they have done so far, each stage has been on time or early which is great. There was a new layer on our road the other day which was exciting! Fingers crossed it keeps moving from here for both of us!

Quote:
Oh ok... thanks mel+rob. They said we are moving to construction Thursday but not sure if that means they'll start something Thursday or if he'll just get our file.

Nel I think that's when you are processed with the construction team & you will get a new cso. They sent us the letter dated 5/11 and we have been told that they will start tomorrow.
Stokes_43
Mel + Rob,

If they don't commence within the 20 days period the construction program commences from the date of the 20th day. So for example with both our builds we have a 32 weeks program and no matter what if they don't commence on the 20th day this program starts.

I assume that they would not let you increase the liquidated damage amount from $1 in your contract so if after 32 weeks the build isn't finish we can start charge them, but they wont care about $1 a day.

Effectively no incentive for the builder to start as we will pay more in interest on our land loans & rent they will if they go overtime.

We were told we are third on the list for construction, currently don't have a construction or customer team contact. Were told we would commence construction mid to end of next week, which would put us right at the end of our 20 days.

Hi Stokes, Did you have in your contract 32 weeks?

Have you got a start date yet?
In the tender quote is where it was nominated as 32 weeks.

We start tomorrow on site.

What about you?
We were told from the beginning that it was a 26 week contract. I checked my contract it says 26 weeks but there is a clause for an extra 5 weeks for Christmas close down.

We start tomorrow too.
Rang Allworth the construction program is site specific and estimated by the site supervisor (therefore subjective).

The 5 weeks for Christmas shutdown is added onto your construction program as well.
Congratulation guys, looking forward to see your site works. good luck to all.

Bernie tubb, he is construction an manager to central coast/Newcastle surroundings, look after all site works and slab, then handover to Site supervisor..
Hi guys,

All the options I have given have failed to get through. Allworth cannot do 300mm eaves and I don't want to reduce a square of my house.
Sorry to hear rajy13. What are you going to do?

I went past our land this morning & saw that they have started. So many tradies around I'll go past this afternoon to get better pictures.
congrats mel+rob..
rajy13
Hi guys,

All the options I have given have failed to get through. Allworth cannot do 300mm eaves and I don't want to reduce a square of my house.

Sorry to hear that rajy13.
mel+rob
I went past our land this morning & saw that they have started. So many tradies around I'll go past this afternoon to get better pictures.

Congrats Mel and Rob !!
Thanks we are really excited to be finally started.
Great Mel+rob to see things happening.

I have not figured it out yet. I paid the deposit in May and after 6 months they did not get their plan correct.
Congrats Mel + Rob, that's great news.

I rang up on Friday and we are apparently next to go. The site supervisor will get our file Monday (which will be the 20th working day) and I can contact him for an exact start date.... I REALLY hope something happens early this week!
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum