Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 406 of 433
Thanks heaps for your response, I dont mind bulkhead but was just trying to get my head around as how does it works, I did include overhead cupboards across both side of the rangehood as well, Does it mean bulkhead would become part of it automatically ? Its description as below.

Wall Cabinets - (Upto 704mm high x340mm deep)[SG-CAB-WAL-0020]

Provide Wall Cabinets (up to 704mm high x 340mm deep) with vertical
hinged laminate doors and infill above (where required).
Note: This item does not includes any seen end panel. Seen end panel can
be added separately (where required). LM 3.6
Wild
Thanks heaps for your response, I dont mind bulkhead but was just trying to get my head around as how does it works, I did include overhead cupboards across both side of the rangehood as well, Does it mean bulkhead would become part of it automatically ? Its description as below.

Wall Cabinets - (Upto 704mm high x340mm deep)[SG-CAB-WAL-0020]

Provide Wall Cabinets (up to 704mm high x 340mm deep) with vertical
hinged laminate doors and infill above (where required).
Note: This item does not includes any seen end panel. Seen end panel can
be added separately (where required). LM 3.6

My description says:

Provide (up to) 704mm high (nom) laminate overhead cupboards with vertical hinged doors.
Note: Upgrade to cupboard height is available as a separate item. This item is available to
provide additional overhead cupboards or to increase existing overhead cupboards.

The bulkhead is there to fill in the gap, as the max height for the standard cupboards is 704mm. Unless you pay more for higher cupboards, you will get a bulkhead.
lol but our description is totally different, unsure what depth is reflecting here.

are you getting a concealed rangehood or a canopy rangehood ? As per photo it is canopy rangehood and Freestanding dual fuel cooker.
Wild
lol but our description is totally different, unsure what depth is reflecting here.

are you getting a concealed rangehood or a canopy rangehood ? As per photo it is canopy rangehood and Freestanding dual fuel cooker.

We are getting a canopy rangehood and freestanding upright cooker. We currently have a hidden rangehood, and wanted something different - plus the canopy rangehood was free in a promotion!
I am not taking appliances through M and will install em post handover, Yet to decide between concealed rangehood or Canopy rangehood and inbuilt stove with underbench oven or dual free standing upright cooker.
Any one upgraded to 3m ceiling? Was it worth the $$$?

I have upgraded to 3m downstairs.
Although not built yet, I think it is worth the 15k extra. All you need to do is walk into the Bordeaux display to see the airness that the extra foot produces above the 2.7M. It is luxurious.
stanus
I have upgraded to 3m downstairs.
Although not built yet, I think it is worth the 15k extra. All you need to do is walk into the Bordeaux display to see the airness that the extra foot produces above the 2.7M. It is luxurious.
Stanus: was that the upgrade cost from 2.7m to 3m? How are you feeling about engery cost?

The upgrade cost was from 2.7m to 3m.
Energy costs- I am more concerned about the size of a 56 sq house than the extra foot of ceiling space.
Having said that the house is insulated well.R6.0 ceiling R 2.5 internal walls double glazing etc.
stanus - you are building a mansion mate with top of the range specs : )
I would not call it a mansion, just a little cottage with some extensions... to grow into
Little cottage : ) I hear you.
Macher
Any one upgraded to 3m ceiling? Was it worth the $$$?

Hello Macher, yes we upgraded downstairs to 3m ceiling. By memory around 17k. Pricey but a non negotiable for me. Love the height

Metricon Franklin 53 modified
Those that did a KDR, did you have to disconnect your water connection? I've abolished gas and electricity but not the water.
Do not disconnect water.
It is needed during demolition and construction.
reaver
Those that did a KDR, did you have to disconnect your water connection? I've abolished gas and electricity but not the water.
Dont disconnect water ....its required.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Thanks, water will stay on then
Hi All for the Fibre Option Package that we upgraded to, where is it located and what is received from Metricon.
Does anyone have a picture to share?
We noticed our pay Tv wire is in the man hole or roof access and the outlet is in our leisure....we r trying to work out why the wire is left unconnected to anything n just placed there in the roof access.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Hi Guys,

Just a question stuck in my head, please assist.

with 2700 ceilings, Affordability doesn't allow to upgrade to double glazed windows / doors and insulation for walls and ceilings, Is it wise decision to stick with 2550 or double glazing / upgrading insulation isn't a necessity for 2700MM ceilings.
If you have the higher ceilings, this will cause your energy bills to be higher (heating/cooling a larger space). If you have double glazing & better insulation, this will reduce your energy bills by making the house more energy efficient. Therefore, if you go 2700 ceilings and no double glazing/insulation upgrade, you will get the double whammy - higher bills for both larger space, and standard windows etc.

It is completely your choice, but personally, for long term costings, I would do 2550 ceilings and double glazing, if the budget doesn't stretch to do 2700 ceilings and double glazing. But again, it comes down to personal choice. It may be more important to some to have the feel of the higher ceilings rather than worrying about the bills!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum