Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 405 of 579
Ryalls_first_build
MrsJM
Oh Sh!t ryalls!!! What the hell is going on?! I'm not going to pretend to know why that's happening but it doesn't look right to me. I wonder if something is leaking in the actual wall itself from the pipe work around the vanity....? I've also just noticed my handshower in the ensuite is leaking down the tiles even when it isn't turned on. I'm worried about that too. I'd call the plumbers straight away- Bugger the walk through on Friday! You don't want it to cause more damage

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Hahaha so I'm not over reacting?!

I dont really know who to call.. Is it the plumbers though? im not sure if its because of the waterproofing or we have reasonable sized hairline cracks running the whole way through the shower wall, maybe that has caused the water to leak through? Gosh will this nightmare ever end?

Our friends come over the other day so excited because they had just bought land and signed building contracts.. Hubby and i struggled to find anything positive to say.. I think they left scared lol

Can you call SS & have him come view it straight away? It def doesn't look right

Holy **** ryalls!!! That doesn't look good at all. Mind you, I had a problem not too dissimilar to you just recently. In my ensuite, I'd noticed a few weeks ago the water level would take longer as each day went by, to go down the drain, until last Thursday it was still the same height. I dont know if its anything to do with the grout where the grate is, but on Saturday rather than calling a plumber I tried to fix it myself. I had to pry the grate open and as soon as I did, the water ran freely again. There wasnt any blockages in the drain so im unsure if the problem was with the tiler.

I think call the ss first and he should organise the relevant trade, or advise you which one to call?

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
BrownDog77
Ryalls_first_build
MrsJM
Oh Sh!t ryalls!!! What the hell is going on?! I'm not going to pretend to know why that's happening but it doesn't look right to me. I wonder if something is leaking in the actual wall itself from the pipe work around the vanity....? I've also just noticed my handshower in the ensuite is leaking down the tiles even when it isn't turned on. I'm worried about that too. I'd call the plumbers straight away- Bugger the walk through on Friday! You don't want it to cause more damage

Hahaha so I'm not over reacting?!

I dont really know who to call.. Is it the plumbers though? im not sure if its because of the waterproofing or we have reasonable sized hairline cracks running the whole way through the shower wall, maybe that has caused the water to leak through? Gosh will this nightmare ever end?

Our friends come over the other day so excited because they had just bought land and signed building contracts.. Hubby and i struggled to find anything positive to say.. I think they left scared lol

Can you call SS & have him come view it straight away? It def doesn't look right

Well we are kinda in limbo land at the moment, i think cos we are finished with SS but don't start with maintenance man till Friday.. Honestly i dont think it can get too much worse in the next couple of days.
vonsta76
Holy **** ryalls!!! That doesn't look good at all. Mind you, I had a problem not too dissimilar to you just recently. In my ensuite, I'd noticed a few weeks ago the water level would take longer as each day went by, to go down the drain, until last Thursday it was still the same height. I dont know if its anything to do with the grout where the grate is, but on Saturday rather than calling a plumber I tried to fix it myself. I had to pry the grate open and as soon as I did, the water ran freely again. There wasnt any blockages in the drain so im unsure if the problem was with the tiler.

I think call the ss first and he should organise the relevant trade, or advise you which one to call?

That is strange!!! At least you got a easy outcome.. I hope mines that easy lol

Secretly i am freaking out.. and my husband doesn't want to know about it!!! So feeling alone and like i'm looking for issues... which i don't think i am. He said hes sick of all the problems and he didn't build a new house to have issues .. Either did i but they need to be dealt with
Ryalls_first_build
vonsta76

Secretly i am freaking out.. and my husband doesn't want to know about it!!! So feeling alone and like i'm looking for issues... which i don't think i am. He said hes sick of all the problems and he didn't build a new house to have issues .. Either did i but they need to be dealt with

z
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
I would call the ss ours said to call him if we ever had a problem and that's definitely a urgent problem!

Ryalls_first_build
I think we have bigger issues than our powdery grout.. Our ensuite is leaking!!! I think there is something wrong with the waterproofing!!
Its hard to tell but all the grout started out light grey and now looks wet in places, each day its creeping further and further along and yesterday i felt the silicone between where the floor and wall tiles meet and got water on my finger 😫 😫

In these pics the shower hadn't been used for 24 hours and if you touched the grout its still damp..

See a little puddle in the corner.. its under the vanity about 1.5 meters from the shower

And heck knows whats going on with the wall grout! Its bubbling than you can just scrape it off..

omg that's terrible

Don't you love being treated like they are doing you a favour and you should feel oh so lucky lol

Ryalls_first_build
vonsta76

feeling for you my hubby would be the same. I'm already doing everything now & we havent even really started
so I imagine he'll just leave any issues to me too! I'd still give your SS a call or the area manager & ask their advice as in reality your trying to save them $$ getting it sorted sooner rather than later. Good luck

Did anyone see the testimonial from Giaan Rooneyin corals website lol

vonsta76

Hahah yes

vonsta76

Ha what a joke! I have no doubt she got the royal treatment

Yep I didn't bother reading it though too busy emailing and phoning coral and getting ignored

I glanced at the testimonials but couldnt find MrsMJM in there LOL. We finally got to talk to coral who cant give us an update and have told us they dont think we will start on time now 5 April. We actually paid to upgrade the window that they are saying we cant get council approval FFS.
Denym

136 little decal dots on our little guys wall I think I'm cross eyed now
hopefully it's less scary so he will actually sleep in there his been camping in our room on the floor we've all been in the same room for a year none of us want to part

Super cute!

dougang287
I glanced at the testimonials but couldnt find MrsMJM in there LOL. We finally got to talk to coral who cant give us an update and have told us they dont think we will start on time now 5 April. We actually paid to upgrade the window that they are saying we cant get council approval FFS.

z
MrsJM
dougang287

Ha I did post a comment on one of their Facebook posts (they were raving about their customer experiences) whether they would like me to supply my story for them to post... They didn't take me up on it. Boo.

bet they deleted that comment

Colours today! Rather excited... just a little lol. I am having a dilema with the main bathroom colours. I can't decide whether I want an all white or all black vanity/benchtop with these tiles. The ice snow stone isn't white enough. Has anyone upgraded to the stone to something whiter? It would be for the bathroom and powder room vanities. Opinions please!
Tamara1975
Colours today! Rather excited... just a little lol. I am having a dilema with the main bathroom colours. I can't decide whether I want an all white or all black vanity/benchtop with these tiles. The ice snow stone isn't white enough. Has anyone upgraded to the stone to something whiter? It would be for the bathroom and powder room vanities. Opinions please!

I actually like that stone with that tile. The whitest stone is called Pure White. Shouldn't be too expensive but it is an upgrade. I would steer clear of black in a bathroom. I have Raven in my laundry and want to smash it on a daily basis. EVERYTHING shows up on it and it constantly looks dirty

MrsJM
Tamara1975

I actually like that stone with that tile. The whitest stone is called Pure White. Shouldn't be too expensive but it is an upgrade. I would steer clear of black in a bathroom. I have Raven in my laundry and want to smash it on a daily basis. EVERYTHING shows up on it and it constantly looks dirty

We had black and charcoal in our last house and it wasn't too bad. The pic is the tiles - timber look for the floors and the other tile is floor to ceiling on the walls. We are on a limited budget for upgrades so going white will need to be an upgrade. Arghhh I don't know lol.
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum