Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 405 of 862
MummaDJ your floors look hot!
I really love that laminate flooring, I think I will be very happy with that. Got a phone call this morning from my BC, color appointment this Monday 23rd, electricals next afternoon Tuesday 24th, National Tiles appointment on Saturday 28th and signing contracts on Monday 28th, to say next week will be huge is a slight understatement, I am tired just thinking about it.
Inglewood - we have found the SS has great communication, but the slab supervisor is different person we had call from slab supervisor when they cut ground and then had our first communication from SS (site) on the day the slab was poured introducing himself and saying he was taking over from this stage, they are busy blokes so I try not to call them and always as I feel antsy and like I should be hearing from him, he calls - go figure he must have esp or something.
When we met him on site on friday his phone rang 4 times in 30mins we were there but to give him credit he didn't answer once and gave us his full attention.
Love your facade Tinker!
aaaaah... good news... bad news... good news... bad news... this seems to be a pattern in our build!
We had a great contract signing on Friday, everything we wanted is within out budget except Cat. 2 carpet, which we were thinking of dropping anyway but.... there has to be a but.... our Lot became a Bushfire prone area and now we have to pay another $4600 for that... yay! NOT! and the lot across the street that we didn't want is NOT Bushfire prone area, now how ridiculous is that?
Ally007
aaaaah... good news... bad news... good news... bad news... this seems to be a pattern in our build!
We had a great contract signing on Friday, everything we wanted is within out budget except Cat. 2 carpet, which we were thinking of dropping anyway but.... there has to be a but.... our Lot became a Bushfire prone area and now we have to pay another $4600 for that... yay! NOT! and the lot across the street that we didn't want is NOT Bushfire prone area, now how ridiculous is that?

Tell me about it, we are 0.5meter from one corner to Bushfire Prone area and have to pay $5238. Fight a lot but at the end its Govt. regulations cant do much about it....
clairemumto5
Love your facade Tinker!

Thanks clairemumto5. Me too
inglewood
Just wondering what others have experienced in regards to their SS. When should we expect our SS to contact us?

Our BC told us last week about site scrape, but we've had no communication from our SS - no idea who it is yet - I've read on here about others having their SS contact them prior to Site scrape and have given them dates of when they expect the slab pour and frame start, etc...

Hi inglewood, the slab SS called us when the site was cut. He then outlined what happened from there giving us a pour date for the slab. "Weather permitting" lol hate that expression.

The BC told us when the cut was going to happen. The slab SS was great, answered questions and explained things. The build SS not so great, we have not had any communication at all from him apart from my call to him to ask what was planned to happen when. I called him last week to find out if the frame was finished as far as he was concerned so I could organise an inspection. I will call again at the end of this week for an update of what happens next. I just don't think updating us is a priority unless we contact him.

We are at the build every night. Something has happened every day since the site cut apart from three days (weather). So far we are happy with the build quality and that is the important thing.

Can't wait to see your site cut! Seems like we have both been waiting for months to start.
inglewood
Just wondering what others have experienced in regards to their SS. When should we expect our SS to contact us?

Our BC told us last week about site scrape, but we've had no communication from our SS - no idea who it is yet - I've read on here about others having their SS contact them prior to Site scrape and have given them dates of when they expect the slab pour and frame start, etc...

Isn't it funny - I can't remember. The Slab S does cover an enormous area of houses, however am sure he would call, but it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to just touch base with him.

Did you drive past? Did they start? Wasn't really the wild storm as predicted today - just some rain.
tinker
MummaDJ
Thanks Inglewood. It is so surreal. To think we are contracted to finish in Feb 2014 and we only hoped we would be in before Christmas!! So reality is fantastic that we will be well and truly in and celebrating Christmas in our home, with time to do landscaping and unpacking beforehand!

Everything's looking fantastic. MummaDj. Love how it looks. Did you manage to get the fencing and blinds booked in on time?
Finally updated my blog
the stairs and cabinets have been installed. This week I guess the doors will go in including the bi-fold.

Looking fabulous tinker, it all seems to have happened quickly. Our bi-fold took a little while to get put in also.
It is always great seeing the stairs go in, rather than a ladder!
Did you sort the window issue yet?
Country Lifestyle
MummaDJ your floors look hot!
I really love that laminate flooring, I think I will be very happy with that. Got a phone call this morning from my BC, color appointment this Monday 23rd, electricals next afternoon Tuesday 24th, National Tiles appointment on Saturday 28th and signing contracts on Monday 28th, to say next week will be huge is a slight understatement, I am tired just thinking about it.

Thanks and Good luck CL, it will be a busy and exhausting week. Take lots of chocolate with you!!! You will need the energy. Good that your electricals are a day after colours, ours was all on the same day and it was just TOO much.
Hope you have everything sorted.
Back pocket, we get weekly updates from our BC, they are only brief but at least we get an idea of what is happening. Do you get something similar?

hocm
Team PD
ftdt7882
Can anyone clarify if they have had or will have bathroom niches on walls that are external walls?

In both of our bathrooms, one wall is internal, the other wall is external. On our plans, PD put the niches on the internal walls and the shower heads on the external walls which meant when you turned the shower on the water would be coming out the door (i.e. towards you!!!). We were told that PD does not do niches on external walls. So we scrapped our niches (really disappointed!) and moved the plumbing back to the internal wall so the water would not come out the shower door.

But I've just read this on the PD blog:

"Bathroom niches on external walls are available but there are some instances when these can’t be done such as when there is a metre box is within 600mm of the planned niche as we can’t have water near the metre box for safety reasons."

And I've just done a search on the forums and found a couple of people that have had niches on the external walls.

Helen - can you please clarify this for me? There is so much conflicting information!

Thanks

Hi ftdt7882,
I'm having this looked into for you now. Will have someone get back to you tomorrow.
Cheers, Helen

just realised i have the same issue. Do we have a verdict?

Hi hocm,

There was a lot of confusion around this issue - please see page 387 where this was clarified on 25/7/13
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497&start=7720

If you have any further questions, you can always send me a PM

Cheers, Helen
MummaDJ
inglewood

Isn't it funny - I can't remember. The Slab S does cover an enormous area of houses, however am sure he would call, but it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to just touch base with him.

Did you drive past? Did they start? Wasn't really the wild storm as predicted today - just some rain.

I did a drive by and nothing has happened on the block. I didn't realise there is a Slab Supervisor and then the Site Supervisor. We'll wait a little while for them to contact us, if we don't hear from anyone in the next little while, we'll contact our BC. I've sent an email to our BC and hopefully she can tell us when they do the site cut.
Back Pocket
inglewood

Hi inglewood, the slab SS called us when the site was cut. He then outlined what happened from there giving us a pour date for the slab. "Weather permitting" lol hate that expression.

The BC told us when the cut was going to happen. The slab SS was great, answered questions and explained things. The build SS not so great, we have not had any communication at all from him apart from my call to him to ask what was planned to happen when. I called him last week to find out if the frame was finished as far as he was concerned so I could organise an inspection. I will call again at the end of this week for an update of what happens next. I just don't think updating us is a priority unless we contact him.

We are at the build every night. Something has happened every day since the site cut apart from three days (weather). So far we are happy with the build quality and that is the important thing.

Can't wait to see your site cut! Seems like we have both been waiting for months to start.

Haven't we? lol - good things come to those who wait

I imagine we'll also be visiting the build every day too (even if it is a 30km drive there and back) - lucky daylight savings isn't too far away...
hi everyone

Just joined the site. Am looking at getting a PD house (my favourite plan so far out of the hundreds). The plan I like is "Dunes" (anyone built this?) and will be taking a look at it on the weekend. Feeling pretty excited because off plan it ticks all the boxes so far. Glad to read that most people seem to have a really positive experience with PD (unlike other builders). I'll be living on this thread for quite some time. So, hi!
oceanblu
hi everyone

Just joined the site. Am looking at getting a PD house (my favourite plan so far out of the hundreds). The plan I like is "Dunes" (anyone built this?) and will be taking a look at it on the weekend. Feeling pretty excited because off plan it ticks all the boxes so far. Glad to read that most people seem to have a really positive experience with PD (unlike other builders). I'll be living on this thread for quite some time. So, hi!

Welcome oceanblu
The Dunes - never heard of this one, must be a brand new one. Will have to go on line and check it out.
Have fun seeing it in person.
MummaDJ
tinker
MummaDJ
Thanks Inglewood. It is so surreal. To think we are contracted to finish in Feb 2014 and we only hoped we would be in before Christmas!! So reality is fantastic that we will be well and truly in and celebrating Christmas in our home, with time to do landscaping and unpacking beforehand!

Everything's looking fantastic. MummaDj. Love how it looks. Did you manage to get the fencing and blinds booked in on time?
Finally updated my blog
the stairs and cabinets have been installed. This week I guess the doors will go in including the bi-fold.

Looking fabulous tinker, it all seems to have happened quickly. Our bi-fold took a little while to get put in also.

Not yet mummaDj . We are suppose to meet the construction manager tomorrow.
Wondering if anyone has problems with similar windows not in the same hieght or only one window having an infil above the window.

Below is the white infill that was put initially. Now they have replaced it with aluminum infills that match the window. We want all 3 windows to be the same height and bricks above it.

Would appreciate if anyone has any information regarding this. We are suppose to meet the construction manager tomorrow.
meowsy
Back pocket, we get weekly updates from our BC, they are only brief but at least we get an idea of what is happening. Do you get something similar?

No Meowsy, we get no communication at all. Havent heard from our BC since the build started apart from asking if our slab SS had contacted us, as I had sent her an email about it.

I will be ringing mid this week to prompt for an update. We want to put in our own sound insulation into some walls, we got PD to do it last time and half of it was thrown out by the electricians etc. No happy, this time we will do it once they have finished.
tinker
MummaDJ

Not yet mummaDj . We are suppose to meet the construction manager tomorrow.
Wondering if anyone has problems with similar windows not in the same hieght or only one window having an infil above the window.

Below is the white infill that was put initially. Now they have replaced it with aluminum infills that match the window. We want all 3 windows to be the same height and bricks above it.

Would appreciate if anyone has any information regarding this. We are suppose to meet the construction manager tomorrow.

Hi Tinker,

I have been following you pretty closely as you are the only other Hoffman I know that is getting built. I am concerned at the window too. Can you please tell me which window it is, it is hard to tell from the picture. We changed most of our windows to be the same size, so I hope that this doesn't happen to us too. Will be waiting for an update. Good luck!
oceanblu
hi everyone

Hi Oceanblu,

I will have to check out your floorplan too, I am not familiar with it. Hold on for an awesome ride, the joys of a portaloo and the despair of rain, amongst sleepless nights of wondering if all your colours will go together and then finally seeing it all come together. Good luck!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum