Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 402 of 433
What do you do when you havent been able to get in touch with your BSC for a month?! I was promised an updated final invoice a month ago which hasnt materialised, no response to email and cant get hold of via the phone. We did PCI in early September so we're pretty keen for a hand over date.
blackcat20
What do you do when you havent been able to get in touch with your BSC for a month?! I was promised an updated final invoice a month ago which hasnt materialised, no response to email and cant get hold of via the phone. We did PCI in early September so we're pretty keen for a hand over date.
Go to your site manager

Drew01
blackcat20
Go to your site manager

The problem is our invoice needs to be updated to reflect the credit for the brick infill. I'm not sure the SS can help with that.

blackcat20

Can you try to ring through to M's general reception line and ask for your BSC's boss?
blackcat20

Can you try to ring through to M's general reception line and ask for your BSC's boss?
shokel1975
blackcat20

Ended up going via our accounts person who I happen to know from outside of M. Instant response from our BSC and we now have our final invoice.
blackcat20
shokel1975
blackcat20

Ended up going via our accounts person who I happen to know from outside of M. Instant response from our BSC and we now have our final invoice.

Geez, I would have gone apesh1t at the BSC, once you finally heard from them. Just not good enough - ignoring your calls and emails. Glad you now have it - fingers crossed you have keys soon!
shokel1975
Geez, I would have gone apesh1t at the BSC, once you finally heard from them. Just not good enough - ignoring your calls and emails. Glad you now have it - fingers crossed you have keys soon!

Not even a "sorry it took a month longer than it should have"....she's been really good up until now.
Hi guys what this part of my plans (that Ive pointed to) means?

PharmaG

I’m not sure.... never seen that before.
PharmaG

What's the title on the page?

Drew01
PharmaG

What's the title on the page?

Its a page from our latest plans.. revision K . On the left of the page it says 'sediment control notes'

Ok, so it's probably a gravel pit or similar for eliminating runoff...

Site demolitions here in sydney say they are the preferred demo company for metricon. does anyone know if they are any good and are their prices decent?
homekoi
Site demolitions here in sydney say they are the preferred demo company for metricon. does anyone know if they are any good and are their prices decent?
Are Metricon doing your demo? If not whoever you get the best quote or reference from should be you're preferred company. Demolition is demolition pretty much

Hi all, we are very early in the process (as in, we haven't even bought land yet...) but was hoping to get some info about a couple of things.

1) We are looking at building the Merricks 38, base price $298000 - if we budget $450000 for construction costs + most site works (understanding that of course all land is different) is that a good buffer?

2) What is the rough guide for the payment installments? Is it worked on a percentage, or set amounts?

I also have a lot of questions about upgrade options etc. but I don't want to flood the page!! We are VERY excited, and want to be super prepared before we jump in to the process - realistically we probably won't even start the process for another year or so, but forewarned is forearmed!
Anyone here do the security alarms after handover? any suggestions of whom you have used?
AdelaideMerricks
Hi all, we are very early in the process (as in, we haven't even bought land yet...) but was hoping to get some info about a couple of things.

1) We are looking at building the Merricks 38, base price $298000 - if we budget $450000 for construction costs + most site works (understanding that of course all land is different) is that a good buffer?

2) What is the rough guide for the payment installments? Is it worked on a percentage, or set amounts?

I also have a lot of questions about upgrade options etc. but I don't want to flood the page!! We are VERY excited, and want to be super prepared before we jump in to the process - realistically we probably won't even start the process for another year or so, but forewarned is forearmed!

Good luck with finding land and starting your new build! I think you should be ok with your budget - it will just depend your chosen upgrades. We are about to build the Glendale 42 which has a base price of $320,000 with our chosen facade, and with all upgrades chosen, our final price is $576,000 including site costs. This also includes some big ticket items like refrig cooling ($20K), lots of 600x600 tiling ($30K) and a separate brick garage in backyard ($15.5K). Everything else were fairly standard upgrades (although we didn’t spare any expense when selecting tapware, handles and other fittings).

You will need to pay 5% upon signing final contract, and then % instalments throughout the build at completion of each major stage.
Who's building you a brick garage for $15k?

The best quote we had was $60, and that was with me supplying the bricks!!!

Drew01
Who's building you a brick garage for $15k?

The best quote we had was $60, and that was with me supplying the bricks!!!

Metricon. It’s only a single. 6x4. On slab, pitched roof, roller door, swing door and window, access to power and lights. We need it as a shed for hubby’s toys and tools.

We thought the price was pretty good and meant we didn’t have to muck around later getting permits and building it ourself.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum