Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 41 of 69
Hasan
Isn’t the maximum balcony size allowed 12msq?

Not as far as I've been advised. I am on a corner lot though so its encouraged to have balconies. Not sure what the deal is with standard lots.
Hey guys/

Update from us: soil came back as p class- problem class😱
Originally freaked out but realised this is just because of the fill on our block- the soil itself is fine for an m class slab, however as there is 0.75 to 1m of fill across our block it isn’t as solid- if it is controlled fill (ie engineered by the developer- which i can hope!)
Then it is suitable for an m class slab.

P class just means that an engineer has to look at it and can be a number of factors like trees, acid sulphate soil, water courses or like ours- fill on the block. The engineer then takes into account the actual soil reactivity and the p class factors to determine what is required for a slab.

Just throught id share for those that may get the same

-Em
Cooky
Hasan

Not as far as I've been advised. I am on a corner lot though so its encouraged to have balconies. Not sure what the deal is with standard lots.

My lot is a corner lot. I have a front balcony which is 8.5m and my side balcony is 12sqm. I wanted it to be 20m but my architect told me the max is 12. Are you sure you can do more than that?
hey Guys, how's the progress after land registration?
Hasan
Cooky
Hasan

My lot is a corner lot. I have a front balcony which is 8.5m and my side balcony is 12sqm. I wanted it to be 20m but my architect told me the max is 12. Are you sure you can do more than that?

My architect didn't speak of any such restriction. Im not having a balcony on the side, just a long one on the front which stretches 10m along the front of the house.

I speak to him next week to review our designs so will ask.
Not as far as I've been advised. I am on a corner lot though so its encouraged to have balconies. Not sure what the deal is with standard lots.[/quote]

My lot is a corner lot. I have a front balcony which is 8.5m and my side balcony is 12sqm. I wanted it to be 20m but my architect told me the max is 12. Are you sure you can do more than that?[/quote]

My architect didn't speak of any such restriction. Im not having a balcony on the side, just a long one on the front which stretches 10m along the front of the house.

I speak to him next week to review our designs so will ask.[/quote]

Can I have his contact? Thanks
elysium
hey Guys, how's the progress after land registration?

Its depend whether you are ready and depend on your builder.

My CDC has already lodge our plan to council now. Once its done, they will start the slab.
Hello Guys could any body tell me how long it takes to approve DA by Campbelltown council ?
I have been told by my builder it is approx 8 weeks at the moment. I just received my construction drawing on friday made some changes, will be getting the revised plans back this week. Then my builder will lodge to Campbelltown council for DA
Has anyone had a land surveyor draw up before registration? Just wondering if that’s possible.
They wont let the surveyor on the lot before registration I tried before my lot registered
Dang it. Thanks for letting me know
Hasan
Has anyone had a land surveyor draw up before registration? Just wondering if that’s possible.

If your land is ready and waiting for the registration, they may let your surveyor to do so. All you need to do is to get the confirmation the NB and they will let you know the step to do so.

On the other hand, the surveyor may reject your request as the land is not registered under you yet. Therefore, if you insisted, they may do it for you, but they will need to re-do it after the land registered with additional cost.

Hope this clear up your question.
Is there any rule for Granny like if there are 2 beds you have to pay extra to council?
please reply
mataba
Is there any rule for Granny like if there are 2 beds you have to pay extra to council?
please reply

Hi yes there is. I think it’s a $18,000 fee to have a 2 bedroom granny.

A lot of people draw it and build it with one bedroom (with space for a second room) and than just add a wall and a door after it’s completed to make it have 2 bedrooms. Therefore no council fees.
wentworth33
Hasan

If your land is ready and waiting for the registration, they may let your surveyor to do so. All you need to do is to get the confirmation the NB and they will let you know the step to do so.

On the other hand, the surveyor may reject your request as the land is not registered under you yet. Therefore, if you insisted, they may do it for you, but they will need to re-do it after the land registered with additional cost.

Hope this clear up your question.

Thanks
Hasan
mataba
please reply

Hi yes there is. I think it’s a $18,000 fee to have a 2 bedroom granny.

A lot of people draw it and build it with one bedroom (with space for a second room) and than just add a wall and a door after it’s completed to make it have 2 bedrooms. Therefore no council fees.

Sounds good, but remember, when you wanna sell it, council and solicitor checking it, hence you may need to pay after.
Thanks for reply
jagand
Hi All,

I heard from one the builder recently that Edmondson Park South DCP has changed and the minimum land size for a secondary dwelling is 250 sqm. This would mean any smart living lot <250 sqm with dual lane access does not qualify for having a studio or fonzi on top of a rear loaded garage.

Just wondering if anybody else in this forum heard about the changes to DCP and confirm if it is indeed correct.

Thanks

Hi jagand
Where we can see new changes pl suggest me thanks
Bardia5128
Hey guys/

Update from us: soil came back as p class- problem class😱
Originally freaked out but realised this is just because of the fill on our block- the soil itself is fine for an m class slab, however as there is 0.75 to 1m of fill across our block it isn’t as solid- if it is controlled fill (ie engineered by the developer- which i can hope!)
Then it is suitable for an m class slab.

P class just means that an engineer has to look at it and can be a number of factors like trees, acid sulphate soil, water courses or like ours- fill on the block. The engineer then takes into account the actual soil reactivity and the p class factors to determine what is required for a slab.

Just throught id share for those that may get the same

-Em

Thanks for the info mate. Mine and another person building in same estate, Rawson homes came back to us saying we are M class. However I am doing H1 as I have paid for H2 initially and getting a small amount refunded as well. H1 just for peace of mind.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum