Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Modified Coral Cloncurry. Driveway and decking pics.

Page 41 of 42
Great painting job cutting in is the worst, would have been a nice surprise to see it finished - go the parents!! Cant wait to see more pics as you settle in..
Hi , house looks amazing ! great to see the end job , enjoy and all the best with the new home
we r building same house next year !
we will have to book in colour studio soon, i am definalty going to steal some of ur ideas , thanks
i have heard that is can be very expensive to upgrade the kitchen bench to 40 mm ? hopefully will can do it, as urs look great!
we would love to be able to upgrade cesarstone to the deluxe range or supernatural, but i guess that gonna cost big $$ , ill ask our colour person about that
i noticed u added undermount sink too ? was that easy to change ?
cheers
WowBingo
Hi , house looks amazing ! great to see the end job , enjoy and all the best with the new home
we r building same house next year !
we will have to book in colour studio soon, i am definalty going to steal some of ur ideas , thanks
i have heard that is can be very expensive to upgrade the kitchen bench to 40 mm ? hopefully will can do it, as urs look great!
we would love to be able to upgrade cesarstone to the deluxe range or supernatural, but i guess that gonna cost big $$ , ill ask our colour person about that
i noticed u added undermount sink too ? was that easy to change ?
cheers

We only upgraded our island bench to 40mm and that was around $800. The undermount sink cost is $485 and we just changed it at our colour appointment. Have you started a thread for your build? i would love to see it come to life
Hi everyone. I thought I would give an update. We are still waiting for the internet to be put on. So frustrating!
In a nutshell with a lot of drama and misinformation given we were told we could get NBN, then told we can't (even though neighbours can). Technician comes out to hook up adsl and phone line. Still doesn't work. Finally, telstra faults guy comes out this morning and finds the technician didn't even put in the line between the road and the house. Then he asks why we arent getting NBN. We explain and he says we can get it so he calls NBN and hands the job to them and they are coming out to hook us up. Nearly a month with no internet!
Anyway, the house is great. Slowly getting there.
Patio roofing is almost finished (we have done more than in the photos). Patio roof outside master bedroom still needs to go up. Pool is in.
Hubby and I are off to Bali for 2 weeks on Tuesday so nothing else will get done until we get back. Driveway was supposed to start last monday but the rain has held it up.
We love the house and have had no major issues. I have 5 weeks off work so I am hoping to get some landscaping done before I go back to work.
Will post more progress pics as we go.

Path" down to the garage to avoid the mud lol

Ensuite (towel rails arent up yet)

Master bedroom. Our pendant lights are too far apart and don't sit above the bedside tables. It we move the BS tables underneath they are too far away and they look ridiculous. Do disappointing

Media room

Kitchen

Pool and patio. Decking will be done when we get back from Bali. The deck will wrap around the pool.

I painted the wardrobe shelving and it came up really nice. Looks a lot better than white!

We are loving the wildlife. Roo's and wallaby's in our yard every day. Lots of birds. Love it!!
Tamara1975
Hi everyone. I thought I would give an update. We are still waiting for the internet to be put on. So frustrating!
In a nutshell with a lot of drama and misinformation given we were told we could get NBN, then told we can't (even though neighbours can). Technician comes out to hook up adsl and phone line. Still doesn't work. Finally, telstra faults guy comes out this morning and finds the technician didn't even put in the line between the road and the house. Then he asks why we arent getting NBN. We explain and he says we can get it so he calls NBN and hands the job to them and they are coming out to hook us up. Nearly a month with no internet!
Anyway, the house is great. Slowly getting there.
Patio roofing is almost finished (we have done more than in the photos). Patio roof outside master bedroom still needs to go up. Pool is in.
Hubby and I are off to Bali for 2 weeks on Tuesday so nothing else will get done until we get back. Driveway was supposed to start last monday but the rain has held it up.
We love the house and have had no major issues. I have 5 weeks off work so I am hoping to get some landscaping done before I go back to work.
Will post more progress pics as we go.

Path" down to the garage to avoid the mud lol

Ensuite (towel rails arent up yet)

Master bedroom. Our pendant lights are too far apart and don't sit above the bedside tables. It we move the BS tables underneath they are too far away and they look ridiculous. Do disappointing

Media room

Kitchen

Pool and patio. Decking will be done when we get back from Bali. The deck will wrap around the pool.

I painted the wardrobe shelving and it came up really nice. Looks a lot better than white!

We are loving the wildlife. Roo's and wallaby's in our yard every day. Lots of birds. Love it!!
Looks great Tamara may I ask what greys you used in ur master and media ? Thanks heaps

Wow... I'm jealous coz we want to be in our house! Congrats on all the good stuff you've had so far.

Boo about the internet...and those pendants.. it just doesn't look right does it!? So sorry.

What media room soundbar have you got?
ruraldoc
Wow... I'm jealous coz we want to be in our house! Congrats on all the good stuff you've had so far.

Boo about the internet...and those pendants.. it just doesn't look right does it!? So sorry.

What media room soundbar have you got?
Yeah I was gutted when we moved the furniture in and the lights were miles away. Might have to upgrade our bed to a king or superking so it looks better lol.
Our sound bar is a Yamaha - about $350ish from Harvey Norman. It sounds great. Good value for money.

Ah that's good. You could upgrade your bed! I thought it was already a king...
Super nice! Looks outstanding! Bali influence gives a holiday vibe
Massive pool! Huge fridge, big closet
I like the grey tones , very stylish
Looks great!! Frustrating with no internet. We only just yesterday got ours hooked up, took them 2 and a half months but worth the wait as it's superfast.
As others have said ,you can always upsize your bed and bedsides.
Your bath looks the same as ours, so luxe!
Enjoy your holiday!!

MissLucky
Looks great!! Frustrating with no internet. We only just yesterday got ours hooked up, took them 2 and a half months but worth the wait as it's superfast.
As others have said ,you can always upsize your bed and bedsides.
Your bath looks the same as ours, so luxe!
Enjoy your holiday!!

Hi neighbour!!
We finally got our internet on the 31st Oct. And they are still saying we can't get NBN even though the telstra tech that came out said we can and we are in the available part of the rollout map. So we are on ADSL but it isn't too bad. It is just nice to have internet lol.
Our driveway was finally poured on Monday morning after several holdups from the rain. It still needs to be acid washed and sealed.
The decking has finally started. Hubby is building that so it may take a while lol. In the meantime, we have old carpet on our patio (better than dirt). It actually works quite well and we can still use it. Hubby was out there vacuuming yesterday lol.
Looks like a bigger bed is needed!! You could have my problem where the bed is too big and we have no room for bedsides

Looking gorgeous tam!!!
Love the updates its all beautiful. We only just got internet last tue so 3mths since we were in same issue no cable across the road and then the lines between the garage to study have faults....not even going to bother ringing Coral over it just means we can never connect it in the study!!

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
It's all looking fabulous Tamara! I just love the size of your ensuite.
Love your bedside pendants too and you're right, just buy a king size with the right shaped bed frame and all should be good! At least the internet is up and running for you.
Look forward to seeing your deck come along.
Hey everyone. I thought I would update. It feels like progress has been slow but we have been working on huge projects with limited time.
Our main deck is almost finished. Hubby just has to tidy up the ends and put pool fencing up. We also need to build the deck around the pool which we will step down to from the main deck. We also have to stain the decking. It is huge! Approx 18m x 5m. Love it though it makes our huge 8 seater outdoor setting look tiny lol. We have an outdoor lounge to bring up from the shed but we are still having to hose the deck down daily to get the tanin out so will wait until that is all done first.

Next project will be the patio roof off the master bedroom and the decking outside the front door. Check out our current door step lol. Visitors have to "walk the plank" t enter our house at the moment lol

The driveway and front path was finally done 2 weeks ago. We are happy with how it turned out.

Hubby and I have 2 weeks off work over Christmas so we are hoping to tackle our huge front lawn and get some grass and gardens in.

I put a veggie garden in a couple of weeks ago which is something I missed when we were renting. I will put more in once the fill that was dumped there is removed. My niece and nephew are visiting from NZ and they helped me water it this morning. We currently have 13 staying in our house lol.

And last but not least, our sunsets from our deck are the best!! We have a lot of work to do but we are loving living here

Oh and an update on internet...
We finally got adsl on after arguing with telstra and NBN over whether or not we could get NBN (Other neighbours were told we could, telstra tech said we could and the rollout map said we could. NBN and Telstra said we can't.
Anyway, next door neighbour finishes their build and moves in and the next day (after the move) the NBN tech is there connecting them to NBN. WTF??
We call telstra to demand NBN and the person hubby spoke to said it was obvious we could get NBN and "I will set it up now for you".
So we will have NBN in the next few days lol. The guy was at a loss as to why they thought we couldn't get it. So frustrating.

Also, I had an amazing carving made in Bali for the feature recess in our bedroom. It is 1.6m x 1.3m. Weighs 18kg. We just have to work out how to hang it lol. It doesn't look that big in the pic but it is huge.

Fantastic photo's! !
We r building same house next year so its good to hear it can fit 13 people!, as we will be expecting alot of visitors wanting a taste of the country life
Congrats on everything, sounds like everything is coming together for u and family
Its so crazy just how many items there are on the to do list when building a new house!
Wow Tamara you guys have done heaps! Hats off to yr hubby yr deck looks amazing
love your bali carving too how did you get that home?
glad your loving your hm

Great progress, looks amazing. I considered doing a deck on the patio but would have taken me about 6 months, yours look fantastic. Concrete looks great too, never new they did a black exposed
Your deck is massive its all looking great, would really love a pool. Love the Bali carving too, we are going in June and will hopefully be near the end of our build hoping to get some artwork done.
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum