Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Simonds in Adelaide

Page 41 of 60
Marshall5858
RegVic
Nice win on getting the splashback done now...

Your door height helped to get the door handle centred and looks very nice...

The door handle was the first thing I looked at, just in case! Happy to see it's perfectly where it should be

What height is your door Marshall? I never thought of that when I asked for this handle

Tracey70
Marshall5858
RegVic
Nice win on getting the splashback done now...

The door handle was the first thing I looked at, just in case! Happy to see it's perfectly where it should be

What height is your door Marshall? I never thought of that when I asked for this handle

Hi Tracey, the door was changed to 2340 x 1020mm

Marshall5858
Tracey70
Marshall5858
[quote="RegVic"]Nice win on getting the splashback done now...

Hi Tracey, the door was changed to 2340 x 1020mm

[/quote]
I stuffed up
I went 2105x1020

Marshall5858
JayaJaya
Oooh, what are you doing for windows?

We're going plantation shutters - I never ever want to have to make, wash and iron curtains ever, ever again. I never want to have to put in, or replace a curtain rod - I never want to see a curtain rod ever again in my life unless I need it for a javelin. You know, for when you spot that tradie gone bad, down the street ruining someone else's asset. Yup, need a javelin, now and then.

I love curtains, I think they look awsome - I just hate dealing with them.

I can't wait until you start posting pics with your colours starting to come in with the tiles and everything...

We would love all plantation shutters but after all the extra money that we had to throw into the mortgage, they're out of our price range now. We'll still have them in the master, curtains on the 6 slider plus any other sliding door except laundry and roman blinds on the other windows probably

We have same plans Marshall! Curtains on sliding doors and roman in all windows

Building Simonds Prague in QLD
That's great - but ... what regulations? Our builder is leaving it bare. You can have a house built to any stage you like - sounds like made up balderdash because they promised someone the job beforehand, or something.
Very, very weird.
Did you pay for the tiles?

By the way - I must say you've made an excellent choice in front door handle - same as ours!
Didn't I tell you that we all have exquisite taste?
We soooo do. hahahalol
Funnily enough, the sales guy offered us a refund for tiles, then when we got to selections, we were told that something to do with fire regs or some old nonsense, anyway, we knew no different and she was very convincing. Yes, we have payed for the tiles but to be honest, we're just relieved we don't have to dig them off.

Isn't the handle great? Actually, it was my hubby who insisted on having it, I just hope it's easy to use when I'm flapping about trying to get through the door with two little ones in tow..

Bleedin' sods will even tell downright "alternative facts" (forum police!) to your face. They can't even see that they will sell more, with more rapidity, if they tell the truth.
Ridiculous! And over a piffling amount of material like tiles - I can see how you'd be glad not to be taking them off, though.

Our builders had only acquired that handle the day before we went there... they hadn't even worked out a price! When we saw it sitting there we both said 'Ooooh'.
Which is odd, because we are either polar opposites, or neither of us particularly care, usually.
It was exxy, but we both really liked the solidity of it, and it seemed logical, as we are having an oversized front door.
I feel a bit silly, because it will be covered by a security screen door, eventually.... but it was just sooo handsome!
The Timothy Olyphant of door handles.
I don't know about having kids in tow, but I'm usually the bag lady - hope it's ok and we can get it open one-handed.
Marshall5858
I read it, pretty shocking but not surprising, unfortunately. There seems to be so much dumping going on, it's frustrating! Lucky that you guys knew who the culprit was, I've seen some blocks with that stuff dumped on them, how annoying to have to get rid of it.
Yeah, they replaced the gyprock pretty quickly, I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the compliment regarding our brick choice, I'm super happy with the colour, especially beachside they looked pretty horrible in the packaging and I was stressing that we'd chosen poorly.

You're lucky to have a great neighbor who's there to keep an eye out for you. You'll have to remind me which block is yours so we can watch your progress and hopefully say hello

Our area is pretty much fully built now and people are STILL dumping rubbish around the back road (our area is basically shaped like a big backwards D). I drove around the other night and there were couches and mattresses back there (more than one!!!). I'd be so angry if I lived in that part (we nearly bought a block there!)

Megera
Marshall5858
I read it, pretty shocking but not surprising, unfortunately. There seems to be so much dumping going on, it's frustrating! Lucky that you guys knew who the culprit was, I've seen some blocks with that stuff dumped on them, how annoying to have to get rid of it.
Yeah, they replaced the gyprock pretty quickly, I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the compliment regarding our brick choice, I'm super happy with the colour, especially beachside they looked pretty horrible in the packaging and I was stressing that we'd chosen poorly.

You're lucky to have a great neighbor who's there to keep an eye out for you. You'll have to remind me which block is yours so we can watch your progress and hopefully say hello

Our area is pretty much fully built now and people are STILL dumping rubbish around the back road (our area is basically shaped like a big backwards D). I drove around the other night and there were couches and mattresses back there (more than one!!!). I'd be so angry if I lived in that part (we nearly bought a block there!)

Grrr what is wrong with people?!! I get a bit crazy over things, it's like when our gyprock got damaged, I started imagining myself waiting in the darkness for the culprits with a high beam torch in my hand, ready to put them in the spotlight and grill them.. hahaha It helps me feel better but in reality, I hate confrontation

I can't believe dumping is still happening in your area, Megera!
Well, I can, because you soid so, but it's ridiculous.

Your place is looking very home like Marshall, really very lovely.
I still admire the bricks every time we go by - that velvety chocolate colour is good enough to eat.
JayaJaya
I can't believe dumping is still happening in your area, Megera!
Well, I can, because you soid so, but it's ridiculous.

Your place is looking very home like Marshall, really very lovely.
I still admire the bricks every time we go by - that velvety chocolate colour is good enough to eat.

Thank you, that's exactly how I think of the bricks to, they're such a warm, welcoming colour.

Very exciting that yours is starting today, looking forward to seeing the steel frame.

Here's a better pic of the bricks

They really are great - I'm not a brown choosing person, but if I were going to - hands down, those win.
Luscious, is the word that springs to mind.
Looking beautiful Marshall
love those bricks!

Thank you

A much nicer brown than my choice. I like Roman blinds very beachy feel. I still can't decide

Looking great

Just had a walk through the house, there were loads of tradies there today, half finished the eaves and cladding and started spraying paint inside. We've had the curtains and blinds measured up and the plantation shutters for the master bedroom. I really wanted roman blinds but the price difference was huge, as an example, the window in the lounge is just over $200 for a roller blind and over $700 for the roman blind
we'll stick to rollers for now because our huge sliders are gonna set us back a fair whack

Cladding and eaves

I have a family friend doing my blinds at cost and I got him to quote roller and Roman. Roman was way more expensive so we're going with rollers throughout the house with privacy blinds because thats all we can afford and having large panel glide on our alfresco. Would have loved plantation shutters but wayyy out of my league lol

Tracey70
I have a family friend doing my blinds at cost and I got him to quote roller and Roman. Roman was way more expensive so we're going with rollers throughout the house with privacy blinds because thats all we can afford and having large panel glide on our alfresco. Would have loved plantation shutters but wayyy out of my league lol

Wow you're lucky, I wish I had a family friend in the business, I could buy a small car for the cost of these windows looking nice

Looks gorgeous love the cladding

Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum