Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Bingara Gorge

Page 41 of 43
How did I know you would say that lol I should have known given the amount of updates on your blog lol

Its a tiny room which isn't connected to the house that I can see. Its quite weird as I have no idea why you wold build it
BradS
How did I know you would say that lol I should have known given the amount of updates on your blog lol

Its a tiny room which isn't connected to the house that I can see. Its quite weird as I have no idea why you wold build it

We got the land valuations a while ago as well, almost to what we paid as well. A little lower actually.

I have seen that little building as well, maybe it's a detached Office. Great Tax deduction.
Yeah ours came back a little under too
wonder what the rates will be
Groovycookie
Yeah ours came back a little under too
wonder what the rates will be

I think ours was a little under as well & due to LL not paying the rates, we did receive a rates notice from Wollondilly Shire & it was for a little over $600 for six months. We have one of the smaller blocks, so I would asume that the rates would be between $1200 & $1500 a year. But I hear that the council have applied to iPart for a rates variation of 10% so that will probably go up.

We just had a valuation for the bank & the valuer has valued our land at $290,000 considering that we only paid $233,500 a nice little profit in the 3 months since it settled
J and A
BradS

I have seen that little building as well, maybe it's a detached Office. Great Tax deduction.

Been wondering what it is for a while. Might have to wait till they move in, I was thinking a small gym or a steam room,
PondsinvadeBingara
Our land was finally registered on the 30th of January, woo!

It's tempered by a little bit of frustration though.

We bought in the Highlands partly because of the location and partly because the 1.8m high fencing suits our Siberian Husky escape artist.

We back onto the proposed train line, and were told by Sandy that LL would be providing a 1.5m fence of some sort at the rear of the property (this was backed up by the info on the building envelope plan). A few weeks ago we went out to get another BEP to give to the various people we needed quotes from and noticed the rear fencing part now specified a 1.2m high post and rail fence was to be provided.

Having finally gotten in touch with the covenant officer today, he told us that the rear fence was now our responsibility and we can't raise the height of the rear fence.

I am a bit peeved that they changed that specification on the BEP, and we only found out by accident. I really think the least that LL could have done would have been to send out something explaining that a change to the BEP had taken place.

Also stumped as to how we can ensure our escape artist doesn't escape all the time.

Hey,
We back on to artc land. Our landscape plan has been approved with 1.8m rear fencing
so that's what I'm putting up!
Interesting. Our lawyers managed to get LL to acknowledge that they needed to provide our rear fence. What type of fence has not yet been sorted out.

In other news our plans were approved by the private certifier on Friday. Now we just need our bank to issue an authority to commence construction and we should be building by the end of the month.
Thross
Hey,
We back on to artc land. Our landscape plan has been approved with 1.8m rear fencing
so that's what I'm putting up!

Got To Love Contracts. 1.8m high it is then.

PondsinvadeBingara
In other news our plans were approved by the private certifier on Friday. Now we just need our bank to issue an authority to commence construction and we should be building by the end of the month.

Congrats, Hopefully it get's done quickly.
Hey

Could someone please send me a link or invite for the Bingara Gorge facebook page? We're about 3 weeks from completion on Charlton St and I need to start looking into fencing and a retaining wall

Cheers
Matt
All good I'm in now
We would appreciate an invite to the facebook group as well.
Pm me your Facebook page link , I'll add you
Can anyone advise on what we need to set up TV/phone/internet from the builder? Our electrical lady had no clue and when I've called Telstra.....we'll lets just say I'd get more info out of a rock!

you can do it through security if you like. The thing with that is you will need to get your builder to allow them on site to do the install

I would contact Telstra and confirm you will actually get internet. There are rumours floating around that Telstra does not have enough lines to supply the estate any more and future homes will be without internet till the exchange is updated

What you will require is a hub of some sort. I went overboard with ours and regret it as there are alternatives that allow work arounds. like cat6 cable that will double as HDMI cables with HDMI convertors and infrared repeaters that allow you to put your Fox box in a cupboard in another room

Is everyone here a member of the Facebook pages? There is quite a bit happening that you should know about and its all posted on the private Facebook pages
Wow where to start. Could you send me an invite to join please
If you search for Save Integrity of Bingara Gorge you will find a closed group. Send a request to join and I will accept it. I am pretty sure I can then add you to the residents page
Groovycookie
Wow where to start. Could you send me an invite to join please

Are you Deborah?
Yup that's me

Hello people of Bingara, me and my girlfriend have recently purchased in Condell park road in the highlands( the one street that still isn't registered lol). Any advice to offer things to look out for? Anyone else know about registration dates?
Looking to build with Mcjones or a private builder at this stage and advice or experiences with Mcjones especially out there.

Look forward to replies.
Hi W L,

I haven't heard when your part of the Highlands will register, although I was speaking to someone a few months ago who had originally purchased on Condell Park Road, they changed their mind & were lucky enough to get a block on Balmoral Rise & are currently building
I vaguely remember them saying something about Sandy telling them it wouldn't register until 2016??

If you are on Facebook the Bingara residents page might have some more info or someone on there might be able to help you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bingaragorge/
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum