Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Sentosa 52 Modified

Page 5 of 24
Freak_Zombie
KingTaco
I've got the logitech harmony as well, and it sure makes it easy, particularly when you have 4 different video sources:-P

Have you seen Iron Man? I would like Jarvis, if you can buy that somewhere...

I'm still trying to decide between Google, Alexa and Apple, plus there are probably some good ones none of us have even heard of.
The main smart home things I'm looking at so far are:
- CCTV which I can view from my phone
- Doorbell which I can view from phone
- Some wi-fi connected light switches
- I have to check my air con controller to see if I can pre-heat or cool house prior to arriving home using the app
- Maybe smart door locks on the front and internal garage door

These are more bucket-listy things...
- internal motion detect sensor lights
- smart coffee maker
- aaaaand, going back to Iron Man... electric window shades/blinds/curtains. I love the idea of opening or closing them by voice command

Apologies for the late reply, was in Singapore over the long weekend.

I'm the same too. Will be getting or already getting:
Smart door lock
Smart doorbell
CCTV and light combo (the ring system)
Air con
Smart garage door lock system
Smart switches
electric fireplace

I upgraded my heating to include a smart feature

I already have motion sensor for my stair lights
For the blinds I believe there's already a battery operated system available now. I saw it on kickstarter once

For the lights, I will be doing that waaay later down the line. Smart coffee maker sounds cool though, do they even exist? Lol

We're going to use Google Assistant. Over the last couple of weeks we helped the hubby's parents in their new home and they had Alexa, and omg, the pain. Maybe some of that was Sonos + Alexa, but still.

We're using DoorBird for our doorbell which will work with Google.
TiredHalo
Freak_Zombie
KingTaco
I've got the logitech harmony as well, and it sure makes it easy, particularly when you have 4 different video sources:-P

Have you seen Iron Man? I would like Jarvis, if you can buy that somewhere...

I'm still trying to decide between Google, Alexa and Apple, plus there are probably some good ones none of us have even heard of.
The main smart home things I'm looking at so far are:
- CCTV which I can view from my phone
- Doorbell which I can view from phone
- Some wi-fi connected light switches
- I have to check my air con controller to see if I can pre-heat or cool house prior to arriving home using the app
- Maybe smart door locks on the front and internal garage door

These are more bucket-listy things...
- internal motion detect sensor lights
- smart coffee maker
- aaaaand, going back to Iron Man... electric window shades/blinds/curtains. I love the idea of opening or closing them by voice command

Apologies for the late reply, was in Singapore over the long weekend.

I'm the same too. Will be getting or already getting:
Smart door lock
Smart doorbell
CCTV and light combo (the ring system)
Air con
Smart garage door lock system
Smart switches
electric fireplace

I upgraded my heating to include a smart feature

I already have motion sensor for my stair lights
For the blinds I believe there's already a battery operated system available now. I saw it on kickstarter once

For the lights, I will be doing that waaay later down the line. Smart coffee maker sounds cool though, do they even exist? Lol

We're going to use Google Assistant. Over the last couple of weeks we helped the hubby's parents in their new home and they had Alexa, and omg, the pain. Maybe some of that was Sonos + Alexa, but still.

We're using DoorBird for our doorbell which will work with Google.

Oh wow! I was so close to using Alexa myself. I'm glad I went with google. Never heard of doorbird, will check it out, thanks!

Sadly because of developer requirements, I had one more ugly feature to the house. urgh.

By the way I was doing of doing some decking, any ideas how much it'll cost for 20sqm?
Also how much does fencing normally cost? (I saw the basic wooden ones painted dark grey? looks really nice and would suit my colour scheme) Any leads would be much appreciated! Muchos gracias!
The almost final plans have been updated. Should sign the final variations by this week I hope. And hopefully construction will start this month. Sadly my tile for my master ensuite is sold out. Had to go with something else. Not the best but would have to do for now. Please share your thoughts.

Plans look fantastic! Looking forward to seeing you finally break dirt.
Freak_Zombie
shokel1975
Oh that is disappointing when you can't have the facade choices you want. Developers get way too involved in this sort of decision making. Hopefully you can come up with a compromise you are happy with.

Yeah, it looks like it's something I can still do post. Might look at doing that. Only downside is I'm wasting money on the bricks.

Had a drive by my new neighbourhood late at night over the weekend. Loving how bright my corner plot is.

Glad I have street lamps nearby, not many of them do.

Gee it’s not much lighting I agree
. Maybe find out why?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
dulie

Thanks man! Super excited for them to start! I'm already buying stuff for the house. lol too early?

I'm most excited about the theatre room and the gaming room. Been making trips to japan to buy all the decor stuff.
Freak_Zombie
dulie

Thanks man! Super excited for them to start! I'm already buying stuff for the house. lol too early?

I'm most excited about the theatre room and the gaming room. Been making trips to japan to buy all the decor stuff.

hahaha nice! Never too early lol.
As usual, paperwork is still not finalised yet. Still picking up errors or errors that were already corrected previously but been reinstated again for who knows what reason.

I really hope they'll finish it this coming week. I really want to start the process already!

Paid the deposit for my electric fireplace already

Went for the bigger one 1.8 meters long since it was on sale.

Also, I notice very few people went with the Sentosa design. Makes me feel pretty unique. (My way of consoling myself for picking an "unpopular" design. lol ) If anyone else is building the same house, do pipe in too! Would love to hear your thoughts.
Freak_Zombie
As usual, paperwork is still not finalised yet. Still picking up errors or errors that were already corrected previously but been reinstated again for who knows what reason.

I really hope they'll finish it this coming week. I really want to start the process already!

Also, I notice very few people went with the Sentosa design. Makes me feel pretty unique. (My way of consoling myself for picking an "unpopular" design. lol ) If anyone else is building the same house, do pipe in too! Would love to hear your thoughts.
I love the sentosa design. I would have picked it but my frontage was not wide enough. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones that can build it.

Freak_Zombie

Shows the importance of going through the plan with a fine tooth comb each time they make a change hey - they always seem to change something else completely unrelated.
[quote="Macher":2zttopwu][quote="Freak_Zombie":2zttopwu]As usual, paperwork is still not finalised yet. Still picking up errors or errors that were already corrected previously but been reinstated again for who knows what reason.

Also, I notice very few people went with the Sentosa design. Makes me feel pretty unique. (My way of consoling myself for picking an "unpopular" design. lol ) If anyone else is building the same house, do pipe in too! Would love to hear your thoughts.[/quote:2zttopwu]I love the sentosa design. I would have picked it but my frontage was not wide enough. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones that can build it. [/quote:2zttopwu]

Ah dangs, what house design did you go with? And thanks too! Love the design and the name too! Haha
I actually chose the house design first and then looked a land that was suitable for it. Which might not have been the most efficient method 😅
[quote="KingTaco":2rulbkvf][quote="Freak_Zombie":2rulbkvf]As usual, paperwork is still not finalised yet. Still picking up errors or errors that were already corrected previously but been reinstated again for who knows what reason.

Also, I notice very few people went with the Sentosa design. Makes me feel pretty unique. (My way of consoling myself for picking an "unpopular" design. lol ) If anyone else is building the same house, do pipe in too! Would love to hear your thoughts.[/quote:2rulbkvf]
Shows the importance of going through the plan with a fine tooth comb each time they make a change hey - they always seem to change something else completely unrelated.[/quote:2rulbkvf]

Yeah I notice over the past year, almost every single time I've had them correct something they missed, they would change something or revert back to an old mistake. Really puzzled how they can do this consistently.
dulie
PM sent lol

How did it go with dulie’s younger sister OP?
WaldorfL
dulie
PM sent lol

lol, unfortunately my sister wasn't that interested in a long distance romance for the time being.
WaldorfL
dulie
PM sent lol

Lol of all things to be focusing on.
dulie
WaldorfL
dulie
PM sent lol

lol, unfortunately my sister wasn't that interested in a long distance romance for the time being.

Final layout approved! part 1

part 2

part 3

Part 4!!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum