Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Madison 35 by Clarendon Homes - Handover!!

Page 5 of 11
cm4
Hi! Just saw your thread. We built with Clarendon in Stage Three of your estate (we were one of four in the 3rd stage). Had handover in Nov last year. I actually walked past your build yesterday. Looks great!

Looking forward to following.

Are you on the opposite side of the estate? We were watching the Clarendon builds going up last year and love how they've finished up

Thanks, it's great to see some more progress after a bit of a stall - it sucks driving all the way and not seeing any change!

How are you finding living in the estate?
Bricks continue - they've partially bricked the render column on the porch, as well as the two feature pillars in the middle and right side of the living room. Cornices have also been delivered into the house.

Interestingly the sarking hasn't been affixed to the garage yet, nor have the repairs around the place been made, so hopefully that doesn't hold up progress much.

Got a closer look at the brick, and although it's not in any great concentration (2 courses), really happy with the colour - particularly how it comes out in direct sunlight:-D

SS says brick laying will take 2 weeks, and that plastering will start towards the end of this week.

Good to see some progress. Things will go up quickly from now. What colour is ur bricks? Looks similar to our bricks.
So the bricks are from PGH and are called "Girraween". They're kind of a white/cream, but closer to the whiter end.

Your bricks look awesome. 👍😍
We are up the hill a bit - Corner of Daughtrey and Congreve. We have another Clarendon directly opposite us on the other corner. Love the estate. Nice and quite and everyone seems friendly. We were blessed with great neighbours. Overall we were happy with how everything turned out. We have our 6mth warranty review and there is not too much on the list to fix. Just minor stuff.
cm4
We are up the hill a bit - Corner of Daughtrey and Congreve. We have another Clarendon directly opposite us on the other corner. Love the estate. Nice and quite and everyone seems friendly. We were blessed with great neighbours. Overall we were happy with how everything turned out. We have our 6mth warranty review and there is not too much on the list to fix. Just minor stuff.

Those are the two Clarendon builds we'd stop and admire every time we came through the estate. You must be very proud of how it has turned out!

And great to hear the estate is really nice to live in - we've already met our across the road neighbours who are really nice too
Early this morning - looks like they had a solid day of work yesterday - west wall is almost finished.

Right pillar of archway half bricked

The wall sisilation in the garage is being done as they go, as are the repairs/patching to any holes around the rest of the place.

I believe they need scaffold to complete the garage, since they have to work from the neighbours block and there's a reasonable drop between our land.

More bricks! They have also fitted the acoustic and thermal insulation

Probably about half or a little more done with the ground floor I'd say. Garage has been finished on the side and back, just needs the front finished.

The two "arch" pillars on the outside, plus the feature pillar in the middle starting to take shape

Kitchen and living 2/3 complete

About 1/4 complete down the high side
Hi KingTaco, we've been looking at going with Clarendon, what was the price difference between your sales consultant estimate and the final price at tender? I've read on here that this sometimes jumps.
theRealDeal
Hi KingTaco, we've been looking at going with Clarendon, what was the price difference between your sales consultant estimate and the final price at tender? I've read on here that this sometimes jumps.

It was actually $5k cheaper at tender. We were constantly changing, adding and taking things away, and they missed a couple of things off the tender, but the sales consultant was very accurate with their estimations - each item was very similar in price between the quote and tender.

FYI if it's in your area, both of the sales consultants at Rochedale are very good, very knowledgeable and great to deal with.
KingTaco
theRealDeal

It was actually $5k cheaper at tender. We were constantly changing, adding and taking things away, and they missed a couple of things off the tender, but the sales consultant was very accurate with their estimations - each item was very similar in price between the quote and tender.

FYI if it's in your area, both of the sales consultants at Rochedale are very good, very knowledgeable and great to deal with.

Good to know. We're at Springfield and the sales consultant over there is really helpful.
How good does the Crestmead on display there look??

What design are you thinking of?
It looks really nice the way it's been laid out..there's a piano in the study or living and it makes it look really grand when you enter. Plus the stairs are amazing.

We're looking at Arizona 34 or Wentworth 35 which are actually very similar to the Madison 35 downstairs. We're having a hard time trying to understand what the difference is between the two except for the 1k price difference. We've been told that one is Complete and the other Ruby (Apparently the Ruby has better value inclusions, but when you look at their brochure, the Complete inclusion packs are cheaper so I don't know if it's a sales tactic)
Downstairs bricks are almost done - just the front and the top of the right side to go.

Next they'll throw the scaffold up and start on the upstairs cladding and bricks

theRealDeal
It looks really nice the way it's been laid out..there's a piano in the study or living and it makes it look really grand when you enter. Plus the stairs are amazing.

We're looking at Arizona 34 or Wentworth 35 which are actually very similar to the Madison 35 downstairs. We're having a hard time trying to understand what the difference is between the two except for the 1k price difference. We've been told that one is Complete and the other Ruby (Apparently the Ruby has better value inclusions, but when you look at their brochure, the Complete inclusion packs are cheaper so I don't know if it's a sales tactic)

Yeah i think it goes Complete < Ruby < Sapphire < Diamond. I didn't really look at the Complete range, but would be interesting to see what it includes and what level of finish it actually is.

They have a bunch of standard variations, which you can see on the Arizona under design options. I wonder if they can be applied to the Wentworth as well. The laundry in lieu of study is similar to our design change there. It's a shame though that there aren't any displayed that you can see in person.
Insulation and plaster are done! Great to see it closer to how it will look in terms of how each room is naturally lit. We're happy with all the room dimensions. The only thing so far is a concern over how dark the stair well will be - it used to be lit from the rumpus room window, but we've largely closed it off by adding a wall and cupboard.

Here's some insulation shots - the main living area, as well as theatre front and rear walls.

And some plaster photos

View from kitchen across meals to living

Stairwell towards front door

Living towards kitchen

Back wall - lots of glass!

Theatre back wall

Theatre front wall and bulkhead

Front door

Front room

Not a lot of light in the stairwell... but will get a little more when that platform is removed.

Huge Bed 4 wardrobe

Ensuite shower niche - 1.2m wide!

KingTaco
theRealDeal

Yeah i think it goes Complete < Ruby < Sapphire < Diamond. I didn't really look at the Complete range, but would be interesting to see what it includes and what level of finish it actually is.

They have a bunch of standard variations, which you can see on the Arizona under design options. I wonder if they can be applied to the Wentworth as well. The laundry in lieu of study is similar to our design change there. It's a shame though that there aren't any displayed that you can see in person.

Yes they can. The consultant added them in for us. They've also got other options not available on the site like a Grand Master. Yea it's a shame they don't have any on display so we'd have to only use our imagination after going through the Madison
KingTaco
And some plaster photos

View from kitchen across meals to living

Stairwell towards front door

Living towards kitchen

Back wall - lots of glass!

Theatre back wall

Theatre front wall and bulkhead

Front door

Front room

Not a lot of light in the stairwell... but will get a little more when that platform is removed.

Huge Bed 4 wardrobe

Ensuite shower niche - 1.2m wide!

Good to see it's progressing...I like the step in the theatre room. Did you get charged extra for that?
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum