Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Knock Down Rebuild - Doulton 57 Classique

Page 5 of 7
Charlotte.h
Doulton777
They really do such s good job on those stairs. Did you pick your chandelier yet?

Indeed they did. Such a great workmanship.
We pick our pendent lights the one like the display, can't wait for the electrician to install them.
We r Doulton big fan lol
have a lot of similar things

We have those pendants too. Had a few hassle with them. Since then they have redesigned them. We are still in the process of getting them fixed.

We did a few similar things too the doulton as well. Just different colours.

Charlotte.h
Doulton777
They really do such s good job on those stairs. Did you pick your chandelier yet?

We pick our pendent lights the one like the display, can't wait for the electrician to install them.
We r Doulton big fan lol

Did you have to pay for scaffolding as well?

Doulton777
Charlotte.h
Doulton777

We r Doulton big fan lol

Did you have to pay for scaffolding as well?

Yep scaffolding cost $650 I think
Doulton777
Charlotte.h
Doulton777

We r Doulton big fan lol

We have those pendants too. Had a few hassle with them. Since then they have redesigned them. We are still in the process of getting them fix

what is happening to your pendant?
the staircase is the jewel in the Doulton's crown.
Congrats charlotte.
stanus
Congrats charlotte.

You are correct đź‘‘. What staircase are you having?
Charlotte.h
Doulton777
Charlotte.h
[quote="Doulton777"]They really do such s good job on those stairs. Did you pick your chandelier yet?

We r Doulton big fan lol

We have those pendants too. Had a few hassle with them. Since then they have redesigned them. We are still in the process of getting them fix

what is happening to your pendant?[/quote]

The first time when they installed it. They put halogens light globes. Hubby told them they would
Overheat. But the electrician still installed them Cos that’s what he was given he said. Then it ended up over heating and broke. Taking another pendant out along the way. Then the second time when they tried too fix it. The electrician tried installing the broken ones. But he did it with a ladder. Which it didn’t get installed properly. And that ended up falling down as well. Then the third time they changed the whole design. But we didn’t like the change in design. Plus when the electrician went to install it. It’s ended up breaking the globes as he was putting them on. Now they are coming back again. Doing the original design. And hopefully a better design of it.

Charlotte.h
stanus
Congrats charlotte.

You are correct đź‘‘. What staircase are you having?

same as your one charlotte.
Staircase looks great! How much extra does M charge for it? Or it it included in the base price of the Doulton?
Very happy with the staircase, great workmanship. Unfortunately its upgrade items, upgrade cost $12,814.
Are you building the Doulton at the moment ?
no, am currently considering another M house design/quote, was just curious because I love that staircase

please post pics of your fascade once the mouldings are on, I'm very interested in the classique fascade but can't seem to find any real life photos or videos, only renderings from M website
betterman
no, am currently considering another M house design/quote, was just curious because I love that staircase

please post pics of your fascade once the mouldings are on, I'm very interested in the classique fascade but can't seem to find any real life photos or videos, only renderings from M website

The moulding has been installed but yet to rendered. The whole house has been rendered.
looking great Charlotte
cant wait till mine is at that stage!
stanus
looking great Charlotte

How is your building going?
Did you upgrade the floor in bathroom?
We have massive agreement with Metricon Regarding to the floor, no one told us that they installed practical board and waterproof over practical board, but apparently Metricon does.
They waterproof over wet screed. Just make sure that you don’t let them go that. They have to take out screed and redo to all of our bathroom.
Our bathrooms has been tiles today, fixing happening next week.
Charlotte.h
stanus
looking great Charlotte

We have massive agreement with Metricon Regarding to the floor, no one told us that they installed practical board and waterproof over practical board, but apparently Metricon does.
They waterproof over wet screed. Just make sure that you don’t let them go that. They have to take out screed and redo to all of our bathroom.

Could u share how bathroom suppose to be water proof?

Why did they apply the wet screed in the 1st place?
MyFirst
Charlotte.h
stanus
looking great Charlotte

Could u share how bathroom suppose to be water proof?

Why did they apply the wet screed in the 1st place?[/quote

Ignore above I figured it out.
Charlotte.h
stanus
looking great Charlotte

Did not know you had to upgrade the floor in the bathroom?
So they did not waterproof and just screed over particle board? I do not have particle board floors but hebel but either way they need to waterproof.
stanus
Charlotte.h
stanus
looking great Charlotte

Did not know you had to upgrade the floor in the bathroom?
So they did not waterproof and just screed over particle board? I do not have particle board floors but hebel but either way they need to waterproof.

We didn’t know that Metricon install practical board in the wet ares as standard (practical board obsorb moisture which is not ideal for wet ares) if we know we would upgrade to compress broad.
They screeds the shower area and waterproof over it however they didn’t allow the screed to dry (only 8 hrs after installed screed) usually the screed needed 3-5 days to dry depends on weather.
With our bathroom they waterproofed the wet screed and no priming we told them that the screed will not dry but they didn’t listen. We end up contact the manufacture and let the contractor know which prime to use and how to apply the prime and time required. They agreed to rip up the screed and redo.
Just to make sure they primed the area before waterproofing.
Charlotte.h
betterman

The moulding has been installed but yet to rendered. The whole house has been rendered.

wow that looks amazing, really love the classique facade, its what I'm looking at atm. What colour are you gonna render? Please post more pics once its rendered
betterman
Charlotte.h
betterman

wow that looks amazing, really love the classique facade, its what I'm looking at atm. What colour are you gonna render? Please post more pics once its rendered

I love the Doulton classique, best part is the balcony, providing privacy and usable.
All exterior will be rendered in dune. Will take more pic one rendered.
Related
7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

24/05/2024
Costs of knock down rebuild in Melbourne 2024

Building A New House

Seems reasonable for a base level build. Just depends on what you consider average.

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum