Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Two Wells Dechellis Build

Page 5 of 10
jads88
Looking good! We also picked Oyster colour with white mortar for our home
It looks really nice!! Will swing past Eden today and see how its all going. If you ever see a Subaru Levorg Wagon around, its just us!
(We are building on Lavender Drive Stage 5)

You won’t regret it, they are gorgeous and the white in between makes each brick stand out and the shows the colour variation!
jads88
It looks really nice!! Will swing past Eden today and see how its all going. If you ever see a Subaru Levorg Wagon around, its just us!

Hi!! We are also on Lavender. What lot are you? We are 147
alexisonfire
jads88

Yay more Two Wells builds!
alexisonfire
jads88

Howdy! We are lot 145 haha!! So very close to you

Who are you building with??
jads88
alexisonfire
jads88

Howdy! We are lot 145 haha!! So very close to you

Who are you building with??

Oh wow! We are building with Hickinbotham. You?
Yep same here! Did you go with Joanne in the Eden display home? What plan have you gone with ?
jads88
Yep same here! Did you go with Joanne in the Eden display home? What plan have you gone with ?

No we went with Kimberly as she is at Brookmont and that is the Newbury which we have gone with. Some modifications added though. Kimberly funnily enough has bought the block next door too. What design did you go with? The Inverness?

Both sides were done and the back had been started on.

Front is underway now, wooo!

The back looks AMAZING and they just have to do the top half of our piers.

We hope they will go back and fill in the little holes between some bricks though, time will tell.

Our velux skylight has also gone in.

NicolleAW

It’s going to look amazing!!! So jealous of he skylight - there my favourite style too 😍 can’t wait to post pictures of our build!!
alexisonfire
jads88

No we went with Kimberly as she is at Brookmont and that is the Newbury which we have gone with. Some modifications added though. Kimberly funnily enough has bought the block next door too. What design did you go with? The Inverness?

Nice! So is she in between us on 146? Or lot 148?

We really wanted the Inverness but that extra rumpus room added 30k onto the build so instead we went with The Preston but modified that making the master Bed, en-suite, lounge and alfresco bigger, its very similar to The Inverness!! The Preston is on display at Moana, and selections wise is very similar, it’s got bits from both the Moana display and the Eden display, super excited!!

We have seen the Brookmont home, very nice indeed
NicolleAW

We hope they will go back and fill in the little holes between some bricks though, time will tell.

Oh Im having such brick envy! Its looking great. Loving the black window/door frames.
And the skylight!!
Monkey55
NicolleAW

Oh Im having such brick envy! Its looking great. Loving the black window/door frames.
And the skylight!!

I will definitely be crushing on your bricks once they start

Im excited for them to frame around the skylight now and get the gyprock, its super cool.
jads88
alexisonfire
jads88

Nice! So is she in between us on 146? Or lot 148?

We really wanted the Inverness but that extra rumpus room added 30k onto the build so instead we went with The Preston but modified that making the master Bed, en-suite, lounge and alfresco bigger, its very similar to The Inverness!! The Preston is on display at Moana, and selections wise is very similar, it’s got bits from both the Moana display and the Eden display, super excited!!

We have seen the Brookmont home, very nice indeed

Between us. She is 146. The Preston Alfresco is also on display at Munno Para. I havent been to Moana before. Might be worth a drive. The Preston is a nice big house though. Have you completed your selections yet?
NicolleAW

Nice skylight, I am thinking of getting one but worry that will get alot of heat in the summer. Is the glass pane made with special coating?
dbn
NicolleAW

Nice skylight, I am thinking of getting one but worry that will get alot of heat in the summer. Is the glass pane made with special coating?

Hello, I'm pretty sure it's just regular glass. On our plans some windows are marked as smart glass so we could reach our energy rating but there's nothing for the skylight. We were worried about heat too but the sales consultant advised the heat would mainly come through once its directly above skylight so hopefully he's right.

I managed to get a picture on the weekend where you can actually see the sky as there was no glare, it's so cool!

Excited to see once they frame it.

Really weird how this radiant energy, through a skylight, works. The radiation doesn't heat the air but heats objects like the floor, or walls, or furniture or even us human-beings and that heat then convects out to the house space. Interested as to the design decision not to sark/anti-con a metal roof in SA. Are you really massing up on the R-value in the ceiling insulation?
NicolleAW
dbn
NicolleAW

Hello, I'm pretty sure it's just regular glass. On our plans some windows are marked as smart glass so we could reach our energy rating but there's nothing for the skylight. We were worried about heat too but the sales consultant advised the heat would mainly come through once its directly above skylight so hopefully he's right.

I managed to get a picture on the weekend where you can actually see the sky as there was no glare, it's so cool!

It seems the salesperson advice incorrect. I just think the way how solar panel receive solar energy despite indirect sunlight, the radiation can heat up the space through the clear glass.
NicolleAW
dbn
NicolleAW

Your house is moving along quickly now, which must be exciting for you.

The smart glass you mentioned, was that is the western facing windows? And did the builder charge you extra for that.

Also happened to notice you had a dolomite driveway leading up to the house, (great idea) did you put that down, or did the builder?
kks
Really weird how this radiant energy, through a skylight, works. The radiation doesn't heat the air but heats objects like the floor, or walls, or furniture or even us human-beings and that heat then convects out to the house space. Interested as to the design decision not to sark/anti-con a metal roof in SA. Are you really massing up on the R-value in the ceiling insulation?

We had asked about extra insulation if it was needed but our builder said the insulation battons are a higher quality so not needed, either way we REALLY wanted it and this room will be closed off for a while.
Related
12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

23/04/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

The price you're seeing for a high-spec 2-storey home in Perth sounds steep, but unfortunately, it's kind of the norm these…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum