Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Individual Design - New Choice Homes

Page 5 of 19
Choosy
J278
The internals go up so quickly I couldn’t believe it. It’s looking great

What day do you think they should finish your brickwork ?

I thought Monday haha but since then they have done the alfresco pillars, 12c alfresco wall for the outdoor kitchen, face bricked the front of the house, built the feature pillar out the front, bricked above the windows and doors, bricked the garage and scullery. All that I can tell is left is the smaller feature wall, taking the rest of the living area to 31c, some internal bricks along the scullery wall, and the window sills. So maybe today is the last day? Otherwise surely tomorrow.

I am following up this single course brick today:

SS said the roof chippies were booked for the end of the week, hope that is still the case! Are you getting weekly updates from your CL? Or just at each step?
J278
Choosy
J278
The internals go up so quickly I couldn’t believe it. It’s looking great

What day do you think they should finish your brickwork ?

I thought Monday haha but since then they have done the alfresco pillars, 12c alfresco wall for the outdoor kitchen, face bricked the front of the house, built the feature pillar out the front, bricked above the windows and doors, bricked the garage and scullery. All that I can tell is left is the smaller feature wall, taking the rest of the living area to 31c, some internal bricks along the scullery wall, and the window sills. So maybe today is the last day? Otherwise surely tomorrow.

I am following up this single course brick today:

SS said the roof chippies were booked for the end of the week, hope that is still the case! Are you getting weekly updates from your CL? Or just at each step?

Wonder why they did that, cream morter in red bricks makes that easy to spot.
Tomorrow at the latest, in time for roof material to arrive sounds great.

We are only fortnightly emails from our CL however we can do daily visits as we live so close. They appeared to be working on our portico pillars on the way to work this morning.
Day 17/18 😎

Choosy
Day 2 Bricks

Love this Vintage Red/Mundaring Red type of brick. We wanted to change to this at the Pre-start and will possibly need to do structural certification again, as going from 2c bricks to 1c.
kidu13
Choosy
Day 2 Bricks

Love this Vintage Red/Mundaring Red type of brick. We wanted to change to this at the Pre-start and will possibly need to do structural certification again, as going from 2c bricks to 1c.

Ideal time to choose your bricks is before you start. Depending what stage you are at most builders would also quote extra for laying 1c bricks, if you fall off your chair with the price you might want to consider using it as feature brick. If you stay with 2c check out J278 thread and/or new building sites so that you can see what the 2c Hanan bricks looks like.
Day 19 - so close to finishing
Alfresco wall tomorrow then cleanup Wednesday 😊

Wahoo! They have worked super quickly with the 1c bricks, love how they look
J278
Wahoo! They have worked super quickly with the 1c bricks, love how they look

Hubby now wishes we had more 1c out the front and no render however I wanted the render so that the 1c brick is a feature. We are due to have our roof timber delivered by the end of tbe week and started early next week.😁
Bricks done in 20 days! They have worked super quick
Summitlovin
Bricks done in 20 days! They have worked super quick

20 standard working days is very good considering that it included two wet days that we thought they wouldn't have worked.
Day 20
The brickies have finished 😁😁

Next stage 😁😁😁

Yes! How exciting
A worker turned up yesterday to clean the bricks unfortunately he could only do the garage rear wall and the portico piers as two workers spent Friday moving the timber from the front of the house to around the house ready for the roof carpenters.

Did they make a start today?
J278
Did they make a start today?

They certainly did 😁😁 lucky we went past as someone left the tap running.
Roof Carpenters have made great progress today. 😁😁

They sure did! They should do almost all of the roof timbers today. Have your facias rocked up?
J278
They sure did! They should do almost all of the roof timbers today. Have your facias rocked up?

Very impressed with yesterdays progress, looking forward to seeing the roof pitch today. Facias arrived Friday.
Roof in progress

Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

24/06/2023
Slab design

Building A New House

Although I am a big opponent of using waffle pod slabs over H2/P soils under any circumstances, in your case I would certainly opt in to keep piers under central…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum