Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home Build with Commodore Homes in Seville Grove!

Page 5 of 6
Natasha
So we had settlement yesterday!

Nothing much else to update..

I did contact our prestart consultant to cancel the bin drawer though.. No variation charge and a $413 credit back! Was quite happy with this.
Realised when we were going through our plans that having a bin recess would lose out on a cupboard where I wanted to put all of the dinnerware, cups, etc so the OH said he'll pick up one just from Bunnings which we can use under the sink

We're nearing the 3 weeks since prestart, so should be receiving our final plans soon.. In the meantime, our building permit has been approved! So once we've signed off on the plans, its about one more month till slab down (fingers crossed)!

I have to say this part of the process has been my least favourite - I hate waiting!

Congratulations on settlement & building permit! Woohoo, some more things to check off the dwindling admin list

Have you been to site recently? I see there has been more illegal dumping on our blocks. So annoying.

I know the builder for the house behind has talked with the council on the matter but they don't seem to really care. That house is shooting up fast though!!

Looking like late August slab down for you at this rate, how exciting!!
SilentBoB
You'll have a tap popping up on the block before you know it and then it's all systems go

We actually already have a tap! Got it about a month ago now
jad33mily
Congratulations on settlement & building permit! Woohoo, some more things to check off the dwindling admin list

Have you been to site recently? I see there has been more illegal dumping on our blocks. So annoying.

I know the builder for the house behind has talked with the council on the matter but they don't seem to really care. That house is shooting up fast though!!

Looking like late August slab down for you at this rate, how exciting!!

Thank you!

Yea I went there last Friday - wasn't happy to see that someone dumped their office chair on our block..

Has there been anything more since then?
Even at the back of the house that's come up, there's so much of empty bottles and just rubbish! I don't know if it's the tradies or just people passing through.. so disgusting!
Hopefully it gets cleaned up soon..

Have you heard anything for your slab as yet??
Natasha
Thank you!

Yea I went there last Friday - wasn't happy to see that someone dumped their office chair on our block..
Has there been anything more since then?
Even at the back of the house that's come up, there's so much of empty bottles and just rubbish! I don't know if it's the tradies or just people passing through.. so disgusting!
Hopefully it gets cleaned up soon..

Have you heard anything for your slab as yet??

I went there on Saturday and seen the office chair and all the scattered rubbish. The builder says all there trades are using the skip bin provided. At the point where I want to write up my own sign and chuck it on the blocks to say don't dump your stuff as the blocks are now sold hahaha

Nothing on slab yet, still estimated possibly mid-late September depending on how the finance process goes. We are in drafting at the moment so should have our final plans back in the next couple of weeks. They've done our site survey now so have asked for the costs back for that so if it has gone over the provisional sum we can add those costs into our loan.

We have a meeting with our finance broker next Wednesday to fill in all the paperwork to finally lodge for our loan. Hopefully Keystart don't take too long and hopefully they don't decline us. Our broker keeps reassuring me we have a really good application and there should be no reason why they would declines us. They don't take on any cases unless they're certain we would get approved otherwise they don't get paid. So that's a relief.

Waiting on an answer as to whether the builder clears that massive pile of sand on our block or whether we have to. Have asked for a price for them to do it if they have to.

Other than that it's still the waiting game also!
jad33mily
I went there on Saturday and seen the office chair and all the scattered rubbish. The builder says all there trades are using the skip bin provided. At the point where I want to write up my own sign and chuck it on the blocks to say don't dump your stuff as the blocks are now sold hahaha

Nothing on slab yet, still estimated possibly mid-late September depending on how the finance process goes. We are in drafting at the moment so should have our final plans back in the next couple of weeks. They've done our site survey now so have asked for the costs back for that so if it has gone over the provisional sum we can add those costs into our loan.

We have a meeting with our finance broker next Wednesday to fill in all the paperwork to finally lodge for our loan. Hopefully Keystart don't take too long and hopefully they don't decline us. Our broker keeps reassuring me we have a really good application and there should be no reason why they would declines us. They don't take on any cases unless they're certain we would get approved otherwise they don't get paid. So that's a relief.

Waiting on an answer as to whether the builder clears that massive pile of sand on our block or whether we have to. Have asked for a price for them to do it if they have to.

Other than that it's still the waiting game also!

I know!! I really wish we had signs for our lots so at least people can see it's now sold so they'd feel guilty at least

Do you know how long it will take for your loan to get approved? I think ours took about a week from lodgement.

Also let me know how much your site costs come up to! Ours was quite high compared to yours..

I would think that the builder would clear the sand since that's how the block was when you bought it.. Fingers crossed no charge haha
Natasha
I know!! I really wish we had signs for our lots so at least people can see it's now sold so they'd feel guilty at least

Do you know how long it will take for your loan to get approved? I think ours took about a week from lodgement.

Also let me know how much your site costs come up to! Ours was quite high compared to yours..

I would think that the builder would clear the sand since that's how the block was when you bought it.. Fingers crossed no charge haha

It's so weird how all the others have lot numbers but those ones don't. I guess they'll get the hint once slabs start going down.

No I don't, I'll be sure to ask that question on Wednesday
I'm hoping not too long! I've heard it can be a week or two or even months. Depending on how much you have prepared with paperwork and what stage you are at within the admin process.

Will definitely let you know, will be interesting to see if it goes over or not.

Thanks, my fingers & toes are crossed too
would have no clue where to move the sand to and how we're going to the move the sand if it is up to us
Natasha
SilentBoB
You'll have a tap popping up on the block before you know it and then it's all systems go

We actually already have a tap! Got it about a month ago now

Ah OK... well then you'll have slab soon and then it will be all systems go

Either way, the wait is almost over

We didn't get much dumping on our block other than other trades sitting our retaining wall to eat their lunch and leaving their rubbish behind but that stopped when the wife dumped it all back over the wall on their site

We actually found once we got the skip we got a lot more random people dumping stuff in the skip and filling it up with old couches and stuff. Annoying but the builder never said anything to us or charged us extra to get them removed.

It probably all evened out with the dumpster divers we also had anyway taking offcuts and stuff out of the bins
Natasha
So we had settlement yesterday!

Nothing much else to update..

I did contact our prestart consultant to cancel the bin drawer though.. No variation charge and a $413 credit back! Was quite happy with this.
Realised when we were going through our plans that having a bin recess would lose out on a cupboard where I wanted to put all of the dinnerware, cups, etc so the OH said he'll pick up one just from Bunnings which we can use under the sink

We're nearing the 3 weeks since prestart, so should be receiving our final plans soon.. In the meantime, our building permit has been approved! So once we've signed off on the plans, its about one more month till slab down (fingers crossed)!

I have to say this part of the process has been my least favourite - I hate waiting!

Congrats on settlement and getting your permit, great news!

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Quick update!

We received our final plans last Thursday however when we went through them on the weekend, we picked up on a few issues. I emailed our admin contact on Monday and new plans were sent out yesterday.

Few issues were:

We received a $532 variation order for the kitchen cupboard and ensuite drawers. $117 was for the bi-fold hinge for the corner kitchen cupboard and $415 for a bank of 3 drawers in the ensuite. We did not have to pay any fees, which was a bonus!

We received the final plans today so will go through tonight and sign off. Just waiting for the final electrical plan then it's all systems go!

Oh and we also got our crossover approval
Natasha
Quick update!

We received our final plans last Thursday however when we went through them on the weekend, we picked up on a few issues. I emailed our admin contact on Monday and new plans were sent out yesterday.

Few issues were:

• Scullery tiling - in one of the images it looked like the side of the scullery was tiled to 700mm high on one wall, but on the other side it is only one row. They will change this to show only one row of tiling.
  • We extended the ensuite benchtop in prestart however we didn't realise that this would create another cupboard (there is now 5) so we requested to have the middle cupboard as a bank of drawers
  • WC2 window was not centralised (they are unable to change this due to brick size, so I'm hoping that the brickie can centralise this! Or we will have to figure out something with the window treatments as I know this is going to drive me crazy later on)
  • Readjusted the wall size in between the theatre windows. Completely missed this before but in between one window was 390 and the other was 490. They have re-sized this to 390 now
  • We have two powerpoints in the garage where one is for the smartbox. We just swapped the position of the smartbox so it is closer to the shopper door
  • We requested for the corner cupboard in the kitchen to have a bi-fold hinge so it's easier to get stuff out etc

We received a $532 variation order for the kitchen cupboard and ensuite drawers. $117 was for the bi-fold hinge for the corner kitchen cupboard and $415 for a bank of 3 drawers in the ensuite. We did not have to pay any fees, which was a bonus!

We received the final plans today so will go through tonight and sign off. Just waiting for the final electrical plan then it's all systems go!

Oh and we also got our crossover approval

Shame about the errors but at least there wasn't a lot! Oooh so close to construction, so excited for you
Officially in Scheduling as of yesterday!!
Just got an email today that we are officially in construction!!

That was about 2 1/2 weeks in Scheduling - super happy about that!
Fantastic news Natasha! All systems are go from here:z:

Did they give an estimate on to when earthworks start?
That was super fast for scheduling! Glad they are on the ball for you
Haven't heard much yet since I got the email about an hour ago haha
But hopefully soon!
Gonna have to start making more trips to the block now - haven't gone past in ages since it's so depressing seeing just sand haha

Any news on scheduling for you as yet?
Hahaha, hopefully they start within the next couple of weeks

I haven't been to the blocks in a while myself either. No news on scheduling yet but going to have to swing past on the weekend as we just had confirmation of water approval so I'm hoping there is a shiny tap on our block

Just waiting on mortgage registration docs to sign and send off along with loan docs and then once we have settlement and scheduling has been completed we get handed over to construction also. Still probably another 3 weeks away I'd say.
Hate this waiting game.
Literally just got a call as I sent that last message!
Earthworks scheduled in the next week and slab down in the next 2-3 weeks!
So excited now

Yay! At least you're not too far along
scheduling has been my least favourite so far - the waiting nearly killed me haha
Yayyy congrats! Our earthworks were scheduled for Monday but nothing had happened by Tuesday... guess it's been the rain
we're going today to have a look but not holding out much hope from the rain today either :/

Yea I doubt much can be done this week

Fingers crossed yours starts by next week! The weather seems to be a bit better then
Yes it does! Hopefully yours starts then too! So exciting getting a power box!

So we went past the block yesterday and our land has already been levelled!!
So excited - can't wait for slab down now!

Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum