Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner Mandalay 282 - Bundanoon

Page 5 of 5
dillongl
Lot126
dillongl
[quote="Lot126"]Hi dillongl, what are the dimensions of your front door? It looks so grand!

Hi - I think it’s 2400 x 1200. The Hume XS26
It looks amazing, mine will be 2340 X 1200 and I haven't seen one in the "flesh" yet. I'm a bit shocked at how big it is! Your home is beautiful.

Thanks - it’s been a real learning curve (our first build and last!), overall happy with the outcome and our choices although one or two things I’d change! Love the door you have chosen. We are waiting for the glass in ours to be replaced. We wanted translucent as you can see right through the house otherwise, even though I’d prefer clear I didn’t like the idea of someone on my porch seeing me in the dark before I could see them!! They are imposing doors the extra height/width but suits the entrance, yours will look amazing, looking forward to watching the build -you have similar colour scheme outside to us. Our carpets and blinds went in yesterday and we are doing the sheer s blinds and lighting /driveway once in. Where in port are you? We used to have a holiday place in Anna Bay and have friends In Fingal - love it up there.[/quote]

Apologies for delay, not sure how I missed this! We are in Medowie.

KGarske
Hello, welcome to Bundanoon, house looks great, we walk past your place regularly, we are "building" with GJ too, I have inverted commas because we are not even in council yet and the delay is not our fault, so you can guess who's. We are incredibly frustrated at the moment and seriously considering pulling out as my theory is that if we are having massive issues now then it will only get worse?? We have been waiting since September 2016 to have the land registered, then when it finally registered mid Feb we expected a very quick process to get into council as we had already signed off on everything we could, but alas no.
Your build seemed to take a very long time, any advise based on hindsight from your experience? Thank you in advance.

Hi, thanks! Generally the build went well but council took forever - no issues, apparently just a new girl who crossed and dotted everything - took three months for council to approve. The build itself was within the time frame we had in contract - would have been earlier I believe if there had not been an issue with the Goulburn site supervisor who left and our supervisor was overloaded for a few months. You can see the timeline on my page. Not a lot you can do but wait unfortunately. re advice - triple check everything, every tiny detail and measurement to make sure everything in the right place / height / dimension! We we a little naive and presume plans done by experts, looks good to us so trust it will be right - not always the case so check at every stage. Feel free to message me with any questions. Hope you go ahead and have a smooth build!
Hello. Of all the Blackheath schemes I've been perusing as we are at stage of choosing colours for our new build, I think yours is my favourite. You've set out your colours, monument and shale grey for colourbond. May I ask what the paint colour of your weatherboards or cladding is at the front facade of your house? It offsets the Blackheath brick so well. Thank you so much.
Kavh
Hello. Of all the Blackheath schemes I've been perusing as we are at stage of choosing colours for our new build, I think yours is my favourite. You've set out your colours, monument and shale grey for colourbond. May I ask what the paint colour of your weatherboards or cladding is at the front facade of your house? It offsets the Blackheath brick so well. Thank you so much.

Hi, the cladding is shale grey 😁
Thanks so much for swift reply! I wondered if it was shale grey but not easy to see exact colour online. Colour scheme - it's so simple yet so very effective!
What changes did you make.
We are contemplating the Mandalay 338 but love the kitchen in the display at Nowra, but there's not enough room in the pantry.
It's so hard to choose.
Chantilly
We are contemplating the Mandalay 338 but love the kitchen in the display at Nowra, but there's not enough room in the pantry.
It's so hard to choose.

We used the plans from the Nowra display home and just made the middle lounge room bigger, otherwise left as is. I find the pantry fine although there are only two of us most of the time. You can change and add a walk In pantry, fairly flexible with floor plans.
dillongl
Chantilly
It's so hard to choose.

We used the plans from the Nowra display home and just made the middle lounge room bigger, otherwise left as is. I find the pantry fine although there are only two of us most of the time. You can change and add a walk In pantry, fairly flexible with floor plans. We also had all drawers in the kitchen which I find a lot more useable.
dillongl
dillongl
Chantilly
It's so hard to choose.

We used the plans from the Nowra display home and just made the middle lounge room bigger, otherwise left as is. I find the pantry fine although there are only two of us most of the time. You can change and add a walk In pantry, fairly flexible with floor plans. We also had all drawers in the kitchen which I find a lot more useable.

Thankyou so much for sharing.
Hi Dillongl... I'm a bit late to your party but I've just done a search of G J Gardner and your thread popped up. We're considering them for a build soon. Love this design but probably too big for our block.

I love your flooring - what is it? Is it a timber or vinyl?

How was your overall experience in the build - would you recommend them?

thanks
Janelle
bignewadventure
Hi Dillongl... I'm a bit late to your party but I've just done a search of G J Gardner and your thread popped up. We're considering them for a build soon. Love this design but probably too big for our block.

I love your flooring - what is it? Is it a timber or vinyl?

How was your overall experience in the build - would you recommend them?

thanks
Janelle

Hi Janelle

All plans are adaptable, we altered ours a little so you could possibly get it to fit! Our floors are timber look tiles, we love them. GJs were ok, our site supervisor was amazing and that makes all the difference. All builders are the same, nothing runs smoothly unfortunately, you just have to be prepared And try not get too disheartened with set backs. Where are you building? GJs are all franchised so every one would be different.

Good luck with your build

Lorraine
Hi Dillongl, love your home, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did the build cost you per square meter? Even ballpark would be great, we are planning to build Mandalay in melbourne
Preeti.jat
Hi Dillongl, love your home, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did the build cost you per square meter? Even ballpark would be great, we are planning to build Mandalay in melbourne

Hi our floor plan was altered a little and final costs were about $550k inclusive of floor tiles but not carpets or curtains.
dillongl
Preeti.jat

Hi our floor plan was altered a little and final costs were about $550k inclusive of floor tiles but not carpets or curtains.

Thank you for that info, we are meeting with them on Monday.
We have some changes in mind for the Floorplan, will be interesting to see how much this will impact the cost.
fiat10
Good luck with your build! We moved into our Mandalay last year and it's a great design. I can't wait to see yours come to life

Hello, we are about to embark on our build, just getting to contract stage before building Mandalay home. Sooo excited!
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum