Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Build SEQ - modified Grange 20

Page 5 of 15
klea
Met with electrician on site today. Really
nice company Brett Morgan Electrical from Caloundra. My lighting plan was mostly ok, just added some external power points that I'd been meaning to do and a couple of other small things.

Did you arrange to do that privately with him and pay cash?
Nice!!!!

Caydenn
klea
Met with electrician on site today. Really
nice company Brett Morgan Electrical from Caloundra. My lighting plan was mostly ok, just added some external power points that I'd been meaning to do and a couple of other small things.

Did you arrange to do that privately with him and pay cash?

Yes they say up front that changes are billed direct through them and not through coral. Makes it a lot cheaper! Pity couldn't have done more lights like that!
klea
Here's some proper in-focus photos without lego-tradie.

Really happy with colorbond Wallaby. Is definitely a mid-grey. Looks very light in the overcast weather we've had but nice and grey on sunny days.

Front door. Not stained yet (will be a darker colour like merbau).

Noticed a number of rips/tears in the csr Bradford thermoseal. The tear beneath the word "homes" is about 50mm diameter. Not acceptable as this is the only moisture barrier for condensation to stop mould and mildew forming on the plasterboard inside the wall cavity and also preventing the frame from becoming damp and rotting. Asked site supervisor to make sure it is patched accordingly to csr's guidelines and got advice from the csr rep so will see what happens.

This is our door too - I absolutely love it.
And great colour roof!!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85653&p=1642230#p1642230
H Family Build
klea

Really happy with colorbond Wallaby. Is definitely a mid-grey. Looks very light in the overcast weather we've had but nice and grey on sunny days.

Noticed a number of rips/tears in the csr Bradford thermoseal. The tear beneath the word "homes" is about 50mm diameter. Not acceptable as this is the only moisture barrier for condensation to stop mould and mildew forming on the plasterboard inside the wall cavity and also preventing the frame from becoming damp and rotting. Asked site supervisor to make sure it is patched accordingly to csr's guidelines and got advice from the csr rep so will see what happens.

And great colour roof!!

H_family_build I think we will have some very similar bits!! Good choices haha! I'm changing my rangehood after the build is finished to have seamlessly overhead cupboards like your kitchen!!
Woohoo!! klea
your home is looking good
The Wallaby colorbond moment looks
Nice front door also. What colour is your front door going to be?
H Family Build
klea

And great colour roof!!

we raised tears o that wrap too as our plumber is rough as hell - looked like a jack Russell had torn the crap out of it

HENRY
Woohoo!! klea
your home is looking good
The Wallaby colorbond moment looks
Nice front door also. What colour is your front door going to be?

Merbau stain, so a darker richer colour.
We had the same electrician. They are great very friendly and helpful to add extra things after. Where are you building?

Bricks started going in up today too..🙌 but they've laid 4 palettes and there are no more on site yet 😮
Love seeing all your progress!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Lots of movement over the last couple of days. The rest of the bricks arrived, insulation started going in the walls, corner sliding doors to alfresco went in and they patched/taped some of the holes/gaps in the Thermoseal (still some obvious holes unfortunately). Need to keep an eye on it to see if they finish taping tomorrow or else the bricks and plaster will be up without me knowing if they did it or not!

Week 5: last of the windows went in, bricks 60% done and internal linings/plasterboard went in.

Here's some pictures of my PGH moondust bricks with off white mortar which I love. They cleaned them off straight away too!

Haha!!! LEGO
DD

I love your bricks, I wish I had a choice like that. They are lovely with the off white mortar
Some larger holes still left in the Thermoseal. SS said the guys on site had been instructed to tape them as the insulation went in but now all the plasterboard is up inside and there are still holes. Hopefully none behind the bricks but these were the tears I saw last weekend. They have taped a fair bit just not these worst tears. So I asked ss again to make sure they'd be taped and they should call brickies in the morning.

aloenyx
Haha!!! LEGO
DD

I love your bricks, I wish I had a choice like that. They are lovely with the off white mortar

These were a slight upgrade but yeah in the qld range... you building in vic?
They've been dropping something heavy... a number of chunks out of the slab. Doesn't matter too much because the flooring will cover it.

Main bathroom
Looking great. The slab chuck will be fine if its tile floor as the will add glue. If carpets you may feel it

Love your lego man!!

You have overtaken me and you're only on week 5, I'm on week 23

Those bricks are lovely!!! Hubby wanted a lighter brick like moondust but I won that battle

Bricks looks great, nice and tidy!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Love your lego man!!

You have overtaken me and you're only on week 5, I'm on week 23

Those bricks are lovely!!! Hubby wanted a lighter brick like moondust but I won that battle

Bricks looks great, nice and tidy!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643

This makes me sad for you Charlibear!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum