Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 5 of 73
Feeling bummed that we were meant to be signing today. Still havent seen the paperwork...and no contact regarding a new appointment eithe.
We have plans! Very excited to get this all moving along again. A quick look has seen me pick up two minor errors but everything else is looking good. Due to get the pricing info next week then hopefully reschedule contract signing for the end of the month.
Hopefully they don't keep you waiting too long =)
A few little quirks in the plans that I'm not sure about.

There is a comment that above the front door is FC infill, but a note that portico openings are brick. I assume then that the portico is full brick but I'm going to need to add brick above the front door. The rest of the house has brick infills so I find that a strange omission. Though they have missed the brick above the garage that we added in (estate requirement).

The shower head placement in the ensuite is to the left side of the shower, with the door on the right side. But that side butts up against the sink/bench, so that doesn't seem very logical to me, you'd struggle to get out past the bench.

The only other mistake I can see is missing cupboards above the fridge that we added early on. I'll get my husband to do a second check but I think they look pretty good otherwise.
Good pick ups!!

I wish I had picked up that my shower hobs are all in the middle, so you get wet when you turn the shower on!
Trudged around far too many shops today. First stop Ikea, where we decided on a likely rug for the lounge and spotted a side table that would work well in the lounge. Probably also eyeing off a shoe cabinet for near the front door if we cant fit a standard console table.

Went into Focus on Furniture to check out an alternative couch, as the one I was eyeing off is too long for the space. However the sales guy said is no issue to custom make it with one less seat which was great to hear (https://www.focusonfurniture.com.au/ent ... r-ottoman/). They also have some inexpensive TV units so will probably get one there. And hoping theyll do us a deal if we buy multiple items.

Found the light in Beacon that I want for our powder room (http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/ando-1 ... glass.html) but I need it to get cheaper. We've decided to go with a scandi theme so the white and oak style works perfectly.

Then dropped into Kmart to pick up a wedding photo I'd had printed and framed, and grab another $20 light for the bedroom so that I have a matching set. Time for a glass of wine!
Sounds like a good day of shopping!!!
aloenyx
Sounds like a good day of shopping!!!

It was nice to get some decisions made, even if we can't buy things yet (no room to store them).
Popped out to Clyde today to check on progress. Looks like they've started laying the road surface which is great! Footpaths still need to be done and the blocks levelled out but we're looking pretty close...
Oooh your getting there!! I can't believe how big Clyde has gotten.
aloenyx
Oooh your getting there!! I can't believe how big Clyde has gotten.

Massive given the "town centre" is a general store on a dirt road
Haha.. I know I think back just 5-10 years and all these areas, Clyde, Cranbourne, Officer.. are so different.

I remember when I was 22.. so nearly 8 years ago my sister and I were looking at displays in Lynbrook, and we thought that was far away!!! 250k for a 4 bedroom house XD Gawd why didn't I buy then!!
aloenyx
Haha.. I know I think back just 5-10 years and all these areas, Clyde, Cranbourne, Officer.. are so different.

I remember when I was 22.. so nearly 8 years ago my sister and I were looking at displays in Lynbrook, and we thought that was far away!!! 250k for a 4 bedroom house XD Gawd why didn't I buy then!!

Haha I looked at Lynbrook and Lyndhurst about 10 years ago but my job situation changed so I didn't go ahead. But yes it seemed so expensive back then. Just like when I looked at a house in glen Waverley and scoffed at the 300k price tag. Hindsight is a fabulous thing....
Hindsight is amazing!! XD If only I could go back in time, I'd buy so many houses!!
Contract appointment has finally been rescheduled for the first week of October. All plan corrections have been taken onboard. Cannot wait for this thing to be built....
These are our plans as they stand. A couple of minor fixes to be made (ie flipping the ensuite shower)

Ground floor

First floor

A new Beacon Lighting just opened near us so I took advantage of their opening sale to grab this pendant for our powder room.

We're sticking with a scandi theme of white and wood, so this fits in nicely.

Popped into Freedom to see what we might use our wedding voucher on, and found this entertainment unit that we both like. Hoping it goes on sale sometime closer to house completion as we don't have anywhere to store it currently.

Also discovered last night that our street finally has a street sign, so feeling pretty excited about that.
Ooh!! Lots happening.
D

I like your floorplans, very nice looking house. SO big compared to mine.

Yay for street sign! That's always fun, you must be close to starting your build!!
D
aloenyx
Ooh!! Lots happening.
D

I like your floorplans, very nice looking house. SO big compared to mine.

Yay for street sign! That's always fun, you must be close to starting your build!!
D

And yet so small compared with most houses on here

Settlement is November, hoping they'd start building December but more likely January.
True. When I try to tell friends and such that my house is small they get so upset! Like "Omg no your place is huge"... and I'm like okay maybe to you, but when I compare with houses on here mine is tiny!!
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum