Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Forever Home Build

Page 5 of 9
So glad your houses are moving along guys!! are you all planning on buying new furniture or taking the stuff you have now?
we need all new so have been waiting for the tiles to go down to see what would match lol
tiling is mostly done yay! is really is like a house now, lol I have said this the whole way since frame stage haha

the bricks are pretty bad, so they are coming to fix that as we are definitely not approving how they are now, wondering if the guys were drunk looking at the bricks under the windows! also our grout colo9ur is white halfway up the walls then a murky diff colour on the other half all around the house!

but anyway here is some pics of the tiles so far, the splashback in the kitchen looks a bit patchy in the photo but is more blended in real life, soooooo in love!
Not the best photo's as was getting dark but going back tomorrow :-p
tiler ran out of tiles so needs to order in the rest for the right hand side lol

Ladybugs2
So glad your houses are moving along guys!! are you all planning on buying new furniture or taking the stuff you have now?
we need all new so have been waiting for the tiles to go down to see what would match lol
tiling is mostly done yay! is really is like a house now, lol I have said this the whole way since frame stage haha

the bricks are pretty bad, so they are coming to fix that as we are definitely not approving how they are now, wondering if the guys were drunk looking at the bricks under the windows! also our grout colo9ur is white halfway up the walls then a murky diff colour on the other half all around the house!

but anyway here is some pics of the tiles so far, the splashback in the kitchen looks a bit patchy in the photo but is more blended in real life, soooooo in love!
tiler ran out of tiles so needs to order in the rest for the right hand side lol

Wow it looks amazing! Love the splashback tiles. Looks almost ready to move into!
Tiles look fantastic, splashback is sensational and your kitchen sure has the wow factor - great progress with your build
Look stunning!!! Do you have a PCI date yet?

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Ladybugs2

We will likely buy quite a bit of new furniture, but probably only until we know how soon we will be moving in!! Our fridge needs replacing. Need to buy some new lounges and tables, chairs, stools, but otherwise all the bedroom stuff we will just move with us.
Otherwise, we've already bought and set up our baby stuff in our cramped little Qlder. It is cozy... the only room in our house that is open and clutter free is the kitchen!

Love your kitchen! Sorry about the bricks!! I hope I don't have to worry about 'quality' issues with our local builder and subcontractors as we move forward towards roughing in and wrapping....
Ladybugs2

We want new furniture but affording it is getting in the way a little. Need to buy a few things like a couch and dining set but will do it over time.
Loving how your place is coming together

We have just bought a second hand dining table and chairs as it's what we absolutely loved but couldn't justify the brand new price with everything else we are paying for at the moment. However when we move in we will be getting a new fridge as ours is just way too small & 2 new couches. One for our living room & the other for our media room! Oh and we will have to at some stage get a new tv for the media!

argh I thought I replied the other day!
No date yet, the tiler said he thinks 3-4 weeks looking at the house as electrical will be in this week, ducted is done, fans going in ect but no date given yet..

we threw most of our furniture out before moving thinking it's ok we can just buy more, oh how funny not realizing we will be as broke as broke comes when we move in haha
so may get some cheap things from kmart to get us by and find a dining table, all the rest will have to be done as we can afford it :-p

I need some advice! I have posted another thread but thought I would ask my trusty friends in here as well :-p
the front porch to me looks shocking! I get there probably should be some slope but this is crazy...
tell me, is it meant to be like this?

Ladybugs2
argh I thought I replied the other day!
No date yet, the tiler said he thinks 3-4 weeks looking at the house as electrical will be in this week, ducted is done, fans going in ect but no date given yet..

we threw most of our furniture out before moving thinking it's ok we can just buy more, oh how funny not realizing we will be as broke as broke comes when we move in haha
so may get some cheap things from kmart to get us by and find a dining table, all the rest will have to be done as we can afford it :-p

I need some advice! I have posted another thread but thought I would ask my trusty friends in here as well :-p
the front porch to me looks shocking! I get there probably should be some slope but this is crazy...
tell me, is it meant to be like this?

That's really noticeable.... However I know that our entry and alfresco has a slope to it as well so that the water runs away from the house.... I'll take a pic of ours and see if it's as noticeable as yours. Also keep in mind that you will eventually have grass etc there and it won't be noticeable.
you are right it does look like a noticeable slope. Difficult to say if you will love it or hate it at this stage, as you can probably think of pros and cons to both sides.

Try putting something on wheels and see how much it will move with the slope? or pour some water and see how it flows? You might then notice which way there will likely be the most wear??
Concreters usually put a slope for water run off. Are you tiling or covering it with anything, once you have landscaped it probably won't be noticeable but would be worth raising it if you're not happy with it. There are a few things I've with our place and have bought them up, just waiting for SS to get back to me and seeing if they will be rectified.
Thanks guys!
it's pretty noticeable from looking out the door and I figure tiles will only make it look worse, will see what they say when we meet with ss next week.
so updates are all tiling is done excpect outdoors, lights and fans are in, painting is finished inside and out (not happy with our external choice eeek what were we thinking it is grey but looks so much lighter then what we though and feel it has a slight pink tinge)
garage door on, internal doors on and not sure what else lol

Wouldn't overly worry, I had a build once where the porch with expensive tiles was knocked down twice due to not enough fall and water sitting around, I personally like big falls as too often not enough fall is achieved.

Ladybugs2
Thanks guys!
it's pretty noticeable from looking out the door and I figure tiles will only make it look worse, will see what they say when we meet with ss next week.
so updates are all tiling is done excpect outdoors, lights and fans are in, painting is finished inside and out (not happy with our external choice eeek what were we thinking it is grey but looks so much lighter then what we though and feel it has a slight pink tinge)
garage door on, internal doors on and not sure what else lol

Very nice! I love how you can see straight through your house from the front door. I wish I had thought of that. I think we will be able to see some of the breakfast bar and the wall between the 2 sliding doors.
Ok so I got unsubscribed somehow?? And last time I saw your thread it was in frames, ahah, holy moly the progress is amazing! Looks like a beautiful home now

I love love love the marble splashback, I really wanted to pick those but the price scared me off

In response to your general question earlier, I do plan on throwing/selling almost everything out and starting fresh with furniture - We are currently living in a tiny 2bed house so a lot of the stuff we have is going to be way to small to use in the new place. Plus, nothing we own is super expensive anyway, so getting rid of it is no problem. I always told me husband when we buy or build, its all going in the bin and we start again.
He thinks i'm nuts but i've been saying it so often he can't argue.
Love your kitchen. So much storage and work space and looks really functional too!

Hi, just found your thread from your post about the porch. Your house looks incredible, doesn't look like there is too much to finish now. I like the look of your bricks, do you know what colour they are? We are at the moment trying to decide between brick veneer or weather board facade on our home. I have so much trouble visualising things and get stuck unable to make a decision on anything!!!

Look forward to following the rest of your build!
Joker
Wouldn't overly worry, I had a build once where the porch with expensive tiles was knocked down twice due to not enough fall and water sitting around, I personally like big falls as too often not enough fall is achieved.

Thank you I am trying to get used to it, that must have been such a massive pain for you!
allblaqk
Ok so I got unsubscribed somehow?? And last time I saw your thread it was in frames, ahah, holy moly the progress is amazing! Looks like a beautiful home now

I love love love the marble splashback, I really wanted to pick those but the price scared me off

In response to your general question earlier, I do plan on throwing/selling almost everything out and starting fresh with furniture - We are currently living in a tiny 2bed house so a lot of the stuff we have is going to be way to small to use in the new place. Plus, nothing we own is super expensive anyway, so getting rid of it is no problem. I always told me husband when we buy or build, its all going in the bin and we start again.
He thinks i'm nuts but i've been saying it so often he can't argue.

Thank you! Yeah we were planning on glass so the jump to these wasn't to bad lol
Same here our stuff that we do have, won't match this house as will be to little.
pickylady
Hi, just found your thread from your post about the porch. Your house looks incredible, doesn't look like there is too much to finish now. I like the look of your bricks, do you know what colour they are? We are at the moment trying to decide between brick veneer or weather board facade on our home. I have so much trouble visualising things and get stuck unable to make a decision on anything!!!

Look forward to following the rest of your build!

Hey there!
Yeah sure the are tungsten
http://www.pghbricks.com.au/products/bricks/tungsten
Oh I feel you, I am so bad at visualising as well, so much I was so worried I had picked everything all wrong for the house lol I need to see it in person.
We have bricks, cladding and render on ours. I would prefer bricks over weather board but it's just personal preference I think
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum