Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Plenty Gorge Views estate, South Morang

Page 5 of 13
That's frustrating. There is a heavy rain forecast for Wednesday afternoon. If they sleepover Monday morning, I can't see a reason they don't delay it for another week. And you know what? Moremac comes up with a new schedule! That's all.
emmajane24, there are not many requirement for appearance. There is no restriction on fencing. I remember there should be a tropical tree planted in front yard. Anything else anyone else recall?
A tropical tree in front? Was this stated in our land contracts? Ole hen I asked David what the guidelines were his answer was simple and it was that we had no restrictions or guidelines at all. A tropical tree doesn’t bother me but I hate that there is so many different specs of information out there and it has been up to us to share with one another
I am not totally sure about that (tropical tree). That's what I remember from last time I read the contract, which is a year ago. I should take another look! Sorry for that.
I'd like to see such guidelines since they make the look of the estate nicer.
Has anyone visited the estate or got a message from moremoc today?
Hamish_14
Has anyone visited the estate or got a message from moremoc today?

Moremac representative advised that he could not advise because he was not at the site.
Has anyone got an update? Considerng weather conditions, there is going to be one more week delay if they haven't started the asphalt.
Hi guys,
I haven’t heard anything. I’ve got the day off tomorrow so will be driving down in the morning to check things out.
Nice alysha, let us know how it all looks. i havent been for a week or so, but last time we were there ( 2 weeks ago ) nothing to the roads had been done and the top soil looked to have been done on all blocks but i couldnt really tell...
Hi guys
We have just visited the state. It is totally disappointing. They haven't made any progress. It is the same as two weeks ago.
This is beyond a joke. I was saying today no doubt they’re enjoying the weather and have made more excuses as to why the couldn’t work. And disappointing to that I emailed David saying the contractor refuses to return phone calls and I want to know what Moremac will be doing this week to ensure work will be completed. NO REPLY

This was the last timeline we received from the contractors, by the way, this is how I found out their name and tracked them down. Was told the owner of the company is interstate and can’t take calls
Hi alysha
Please let us know if you get a replay from David cause we too would like to know what they are doing to insure the works get finished.
Just put in a complaint to the contractor head office so I’m really hoping I get a response. I mean how long can you drag out what they have listed in their timeline as 2-3days work
There might be something wrong between moremac and the contractor. When they don't communicate the reason of delay with moremac, there might be a controversial situation . They should've changed the contractor much earlier
Alysha
Just put in a complaint to the contractor head office so I’m really hoping I get a response. I mean how long can you drag out what they have listed in their timeline as 2-3days work

Hi Alyshia, please give us the contact details so that we can write to the head office as well.
It seems the project is stopped. Two weeks with no progress justifies this. The weather was so nice that they can't have any excuse for weather. So disappointing.
Ok just remember DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

The project has fairly well stopped. I have spoke to the director of universal concrete contractors. The asphalt isn’t actually the issue, the soil was tested and still showed too much moisture for asphalt to be laid over so they will be retesting tomorrow or Friday.
Here’s the bad news, the contractors don’t have a sub station to install. Without this nothing gets finished. According to the owner of the company the configuration of sub station our estate requires are in short supply large demand. He has told me the supplier has informed him and his company the earliest they will have a sub station to him will be mid November but most likely late November. This will now push completion back till end of November. Which if it means anything should still allow builds to start January/February.
He is going to try and email me through some further details on the sub station and has promised to keep me informed
Hi Alysha,

Even if they finish it by late Nov, which I am doubtful about. it will take another 4 weeks for title and it means that it will go after Christmas holidays. So maybe in late January the land is getting titled. So ...
I know it’s absolutely ridiculous, it’s also going to be a pain as I’m guessing most of us are going to have to resubmit finance docs. I’m not sure about title offices and such but apparently some builders head offices are still open over the Christmas period and would still be organising if it can get titles before Christmas. From what we were told by Metricon even if it had settled by mid November building wouldnt have started until early February so I’m just hoping this won’t change by much. And I mean, at the end of the end I just keep telling myself, it will get finished in the end three more weeks isn’t gonna kill me (maybe) and no one would have started building prior to Christmas. I’m really really trying to stay positive and maintain the “joy” of building our family home
Related
15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum