Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Trinity Lux Q1 - Plantation Homes QLD

Page 5 of 13

We went and had a little look today in the rain, our top frames have been delivered and left on the vacant block across the road, hopefully we will have our framing completed by the end of next week!

Looking great! It starts being addictive with the daily drive by's to the house to see if any progress is made.
Top story frame going up.. apparently rough in is starting next week - feels like they have so much to get done before then! Hubby took this picture this morning and when I went tonight after work so much more had been done! Really excited with the progress and SS seems to be onto it.

Our framing was finished last week, this week roof, guttering and fascia will be completed. SS indicated rough in may start this week as well.

Roofing has now finished, this photo is a little old.. lots of little things inside have been done with pipes etc. and the house has started to be wrapped.

Electrical rough in is meant to be today but not sure if they are behind because of the rainy weather this week.. no windows yet.

Keep pics of where all wires come thru as we had wires missing under the stairs but with picture they guy found them without ripping wall apart...

Looks fab, also check access points of pipes cos in future if anything needs sorted, easy to say access there... 😊
Great tips! Thank you

Windows are in!

Wow that's an impressive house. Windows do make all the difference

Vantage_35
Wow that's an impressive house. Windows do make all the difference

They really do! Love how big they are

Our bricks started today! So in love!! Can't wait to see it finished!

They are awesome. We have the same bricks and they looks amazing! Actually our external colours are almost the same as yours...we have taubmans colours but they are similar to yours. Our scaffold came doesn't today and it looks awesome!

Wow stunning brick choice

Mec06
Our bricks started today! So in love!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Love it!

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

Thank you! We really love the Bricks, I can't wait to see how much gets done today!

How are you finding Plantation overall? I had originally looked at doing a kit home, but found it not cost-effective. I was looking at Plantation yesterday and found your thread here. Are they flexible on design changes and materials choices? Are you happy with the build so far?
Lee54
How are you finding Plantation overall? I had originally looked at doing a kit home, but found it not cost-effective. I was looking at Plantation yesterday and found your thread here. Are they flexible on design changes and materials choices? Are you happy with the build so far?

We are happy with plantation overall, the admin stage was pretty slow, but I suspect that was more just the admin person and not Plantation specifically. They have been pretty flexible and accommodating within reason but we were not making huge changes to the standard plan.

One disappointment was that they use Quantum Quartz are their stone supplier and not ceasarstone - and we couldn't use them (we really wanted to have our island bench in Calcutta nuvo). We could have put in a cheap laminate bench to change it after handover or pushed harder to have our own person come in, but we decided it wasn't worth the hassle and settled with a marble inspired quantum quartz product.

Very happy with the build so far, we have had 2 private inspections thus far, one for base and one for framing and no issues were identified. We used K-Spec for the inspections. They said the base was so well done it was a credit to the trades - pretty happy with that.
We've had a change of supervisor but there was no lost time to the build and even through the wet weather they still pushed on and got heaps done.

I'm really hoping this continues!

Photos from today:

Hi Mec06, been following for a while. Your plans and colour choices look great as do those bricks! Looking forward to seeing your build progress

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
Thats looking AWESOME! Love those bricks, they look so striking!
Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum