Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Mantra 29 - Adelaide Hills

Page 5 of 7
Progressing at amazing speed! How exciting to know the finish line is in sight!! Your little man looks extremely pleased
we also got the exact same pendants above our island.. except ours is the concrete greyish ones.

Yep, certainly getting exciting. Just spoke to our SS about the pendent lights, he assures me that Beacon sent out the wrong lights and he will get the stone lights installed tomorrow. Can't ask for much more than that.

Looks really good already
Thanks MJT. The painting of the render has started!

Close up of the colour contrast between the render colour and brick.

The sparky was back today to complete the install of cabling for the Home Hub, power points, alarm and surround sound system. We decided on Krix speakers, 5 in all - Atmospherix AS.

Have attached a few pics of lighting, alarm etc

Speaker

Installed speakers x 5

Home Hub

Data points

Kitchen

Lighting at the front

Alarm pad

waoooo!! amazing speed! 'we get stuck at brickwork stage
hopefully they can finish this week. Cant wait to see the Hills Touchnav pad alram system in our home, we also have that?
From memory our bricks took about two and a half weeks, and that was for a single story! Hopefully the brickies finish your beautiful home shortly.

Wow.. your house looks like it's finished!

The tiler was in for a short time yesterday. I noticed he had screed the shower areas in the ensuite and bathroom in preparation for a start, hopefully in the next few days. We have the main rooms to tile yet, the skirting board will go on shortly after completion.

The stone bench tops need to be installed, sinks, splash back and appliances.

The last thing is carpet which we have ordered through M.

Those speakers will be great! I want to get some sort of outdoor speakers in my build for the outdoor room, good to know that M can do something decent.

Do you have a photo inside the home hub? I am interested to see what this looks like. Being an IT guy I am fairly fussy about my cabling, and not sure that one of these home hubs will be what I am after, but never seen inside one.
I'll try and get a picture, however, it's currently locked and the SS has the key. I'd be keen to get some feedback from you as to what you think

Hi Lincoln32,

Took a pic inside the hub today

We had our weekly call from the Site Supervisor today. He explained that the tilers would be starting today and I was welcome to drop by and speak with them. I did swing past the house as we are paying the same tiler to do our living rooms, kitchen and hallways. It was a good opportunity to chat about this. They explained that they would start with the main areas first then move onto the wet areas.

I took a few pics while I was there.

Front hallway

Kitchen

I noticed that the main bathroom has the stone bench top installed too!

We have a tentative date for a walk through - 20th Feb

That's amazing! Won't be long before you move in

mantra29
Hi Lincoln32,

Took a pic inside the hub today

Thanks for that... not exactly what I was expecting! When I get mine, I will be asking about something a bit bigger as I hoped to put my NBN and some other small equipment hidden in there, with power integrated inside the box.
mantra29
We had our weekly call from the Site Supervisor today. He explained that the tilers would be starting today and I was welcome to drop by and speak with them. I did swing past the house as we are paying the same tiler to do our living rooms, kitchen and hallways. It was a good opportunity to chat about this. They explained that they would start with the main areas first then move onto the wet areas.

I took a few pics while I was there.

I thought you were doing the living area tiling yourselves and not via M? They didnt have any issues with the tiler doing it before handover? I was told that the tiling would need to be done after handover if not doing it via M at their crazy marked up prices.
lincoln32

Thanks for that... not exactly what I was expecting! When I get mine, I will be asking about something a bit bigger as I hoped to put my NBN and some other small equipment hidden in there, with power integrated inside the box.

That picture is of the alarm system, not a network wiring hub etc.
Yeah realised that after I took the picture. The hub is locked

george27
lincoln32

That picture is of the alarm system, not a network wiring hub etc.

Ahhh, that makes sense! I just looked back at the first picture, there is the alarm panel at the top, and another box underneath. that box underneath must be where the data cabling will be going.

My current home I have a 6 RU data cabling cabinet/rack mounted in my laundry with patch panels for all the house cat6 outlets and a rack mounted switch and firewall. I was hoping there was a nicer home hub thing that I could use that is less bulky and ugly .
I've been a bit slack with updates as I'm now back at work. Our SS confirmed a date for a walk through (20th Feb) with a 10 day turnaround to correct any faults. This means keys will be available on the 2nd March.

Since the last update we have tiles throughout (just needing grout), plumber was in today to finish sinks, shower and toilet installs.

Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum