Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne

Page 5 of 27
Renman
JLH222
So I thought I'd do a quick update because nothing has been happening.....and we are still in admin hell. Feels like it will never end. Next month will be 12mths since we paid our initial deposit

Final plans came through last night but they are full of mistakes. Mistakes that we picked up at contract signing last year that they still haven't fixed! Just useless!
We are sooo over it all now.
Who knows how long drafting will take to get the fixes finalised.
I can see how people get this far in and then walk away and find another builder. We are very close to doing that!

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012

Sorry to hear about the delays. We have just signed our contract and starting the demolition process.

Curious to know what admin issues you are having now?

We had our fair share of Admin issues as well and don't want any more moving forward to delay the build time.

Hi Renman,

They have just been extremely slow with everything. Putting PC together, council paperwork, final contract paperwork.
Our tiling appointment was completed with the wrong plans due to M sending the wrong ones to Beaumont and then we had to wait for Beaumont to talk to M and sort out the issue and then raise variations etc.
slow and inefficient.
We were sent out so called final plans through last week and they were full of mistakes....mistakes that we pointed out at contract signing months prior!
I don't even know who to blame...I don't know if it's lack of communication between departments or just lack of care and poor customer service?!
Here's an example....6mths ago we added an 18x18 picture window to the facade, it was approved and I signed the variation. Every plan since then has an awning window drawn there and I keep telling the CSC and she keeps telling drafting to change it.
Final plans came through with a bl00dy awning window!!!! This time they are saying it has to be an awning due to light and ventilation....even though the window we changed was a smaller fixed window to begin with! Argh! It makes no sense...why approve it and get me to sign a variation for something I can't actually have. (There is another window that opens in the master for ventilation anyway).
There are many more incidents like this but it would take too long to list them all

I hope your experience is quicker and smoother!

We have our final plans....take 4!
Let's hope this version is the last and correct so we can sign off and finally move to construction ????

How exciting! Pls share.
We should be getting our "final" by next week

JLH222
Let's hope this version is the last and correct so we can sign off and finally move to construction ????

Awesome news JLH. Yes we went through the same thing, 4 weeks we waited for any signs of life, all of a sudden we were sent all our plans in the same week. Electrical and colours were perfect but house plans incorrect

They tried to debate with us that we were wrong, so thank goodness for paper trails

Our CSC pushed to get it done so we can finally get our start date. It took a day to correct and finalise.

All the best with your plans and fingers crossed for a start date

JLH222
Renman
JLH222
So I thought I'd do a quick update because nothing has been happening.....and we are still in admin hell. Feels like it will never end. Next month will be 12mths since we paid our initial deposit

Final plans came through last night but they are full of mistakes. Mistakes that we picked up at contract signing last year that they still haven't fixed! Just useless!
I can see how people get this far in and then walk away and find another builder. We are very close to doing that!

Sorry to hear about the delays. We have just signed our contract and starting the demolition process.

We had our fair share of Admin issues as well and don't want any more moving forward to delay the build time.

Hi Renman,

They have just been extremely slow with everything. Putting PC together, council paperwork, final contract paperwork.
Our tiling appointment was completed with the wrong plans due to M sending the wrong ones to Beaumont and then we had to wait for Beaumont to talk to M and sort out the issue and then raise variations etc.
slow and inefficient.
We were sent out so called final plans through last week and they were full of mistakes....mistakes that we pointed out at contract signing months prior!
I don't even know who to blame...I don't know if it's lack of communication between departments or just lack of care and poor customer service?!
Here's an example....6mths ago we added an 18x18 picture window to the facade, it was approved and I signed the variation. Every plan since then has an awning window drawn there and I keep telling the CSC and she keeps telling drafting to change it.
Final plans came through with a bl00dy awning window!!!! This time they are saying it has to be an awning due to light and ventilation....even though the window we changed was a smaller fixed window to begin with! Argh! It makes no sense...why approve it and get me to sign a variation for something I can't actually have. (There is another window that opens in the master for ventilation anyway).
There are many more incidents like this but it would take too long to list them all

Hi JHL

We have had a similar issues with out process but it's hasn't been as long. One of the best things we did was escalate and had the CSC replaced.

Since then our progress has been good. All changes have been tracked on a spreadsheet and I get an update 2-3 times a week.

We are expecting an updated plans and variations in the coming weeks. So will see how accurate it will be and fingers cross that we won't need have too many more.

Do you have to pay any penalties for not having started the build after final contract signing?

Renman
JLH222
Renman
[quote="JLH222"]So I thought I'd do a quick update because nothing has been happening.....and we are still in admin hell. Feels like it will never end. Next month will be 12mths since we paid our initial deposit

Hi Renman,

slow and inefficient.

Hi JHL

We have had a similar issues with out process but it's hasn't been as long. One of the best things we did was escalate and had the CSC replaced.

Since then our progress has been good. All changes have been tracked on a spreadsheet and I get an update 2-3 times a week.

We are expecting an updated plans and variations in the coming weeks. So will see how accurate it will be and fingers cross that we won't need have too many more.

Do you have to pay any penalties for not having started the build after final contract signing?

[/quote]

We had a $2.5k penalty for not starting before the end of our 270 days (calculated from initial deposit). I was told by our sales guy that the 270 days could be extended but M head office wouldn't budge and charged us to extend to Feb.
All the waiting is due to them now so I don't expect any further fees for that.
We should be moving to construction next week....fingers crossed!!! ??????

Emmz70
JLH222

Awesome news JLH. Yes we went through the same thing, 4 weeks we waited for any signs of life, all of a sudden we were sent all our plans in the same week. Electrical and colours were perfect but house plans incorrect

They tried to debate with us that we were wrong, so thank goodness for paper trails

Our CSC pushed to get it done so we can finally get our start date. It took a day to correct and finalise.

Thanks, Emmz.
They are making 1 more change and then we are done!

I've signed the colour selection and electrical too so we are so close now!! ????

Vantage_35
How exciting! Pls share.
We should be getting our "final" by next week

I'll post shortly

I don't have a scanned copy handy so I've taken pics of my plans.
These are final except for the WIR is having the shelf and hangers removed as we are doing the IKEA PAX system in there.

JLH222
Emmz70
JLH222

Thanks, Emmz.
They are making 1 more change and then we are done!

I've signed the colour selection and electrical too so we are so close now!! ????

Woohoo that's fantastic news. Get your CSC to push it through once it's corrected

You'll have a start soon enough

Love your house plans. Oh my gosh that's one super long hallway

Awesome news!!!! So close to the next phase which is so awesome to see the plans come to life but by bit

Well done JLH.

Glad to see you raised the vanity unit to 850mm as well.

Great news JLH!
you've made the right decision to put a window at the entry hallway. It's been one of our biggest regret for not thinking of one. That area is so dark with the front door closed.

Thanks everyone. I love watching all your builds and can't wait for mine to start now.
It feels more like things are happening and I can sense the end of admin....it's so close! Lol.
Beac, I went a bit crazy with windows....the display here (Metro 31) was so bright and airy with lots of windows so I've tried to replicate that.
I had to compromise on my picture window on the facade/master bedroom. Building surveyor said I couldn't have it as it didn't provide enough ventilation for the master, so I went with the 3 panel window instead....would have loved the picture window though...sigh.

Plans look great. Your kitchen bench is HUGE!

We've also requested for a window in the entry hallway and even though I love the look of the fixed window went for a normal slider instead for ventilation.

Also considering changing the dinning window to doors but not sure yet if to go with stackers or sliding.

Sigh. We never had the chance to visit a Metro display before. Oh well. We'll just have to switch on the lights more at the hallway I guess. Yeah I'm a bit worried about not having enough ventilation in our leisure gallery area but didn't want to compromise on that picture window on the facade. I suppose I'll just have to open our WC or bedroom windows for more ventilation into the leisure

The surveyors must look at different things in each state because they wouldn't budge on letting me have that as a fixed picture window, even though we already have an awning window in the master. Crazy! I just couldn't be bothered fighting them in the end and just wanted to keep things moving

I wish we had a Metro 32 display here. There was one but it closed and they opened the 31 instead but the layout is different.
Once you move in and fill it with your beautiful stuff, you won't notice the darkness and you'll just be in love with your new home

Thank you for your kind words JLH

Vantage_35
Plans look great. Your kitchen bench is HUGE!

We've also requested for a window in the entry hallway and even though I love the look of the fixed window went for a normal slider instead for ventilation.

Also considering changing the dinning window to doors but not sure yet if to go with stackers or sliding.

Thanks, Vantage. I can't wait for my new bench!

We changed our dining window to sliding...just makes the space more versatile I think.
I wish I made my stackers bigger, lol. I guess I need to have some plaster around the house

Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

13/05/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

😃 will do an exclusive one for Simeon.. COVID back at home.. kept it simple & we moved in.. & yesterday was the first day at our new home.. Few more bits to go -…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum