Building ForumBuilding A New House

Re: Building in Cranbourne (Simonds Homes) Week 15

Page 5 of 9
cooper229
Wishing you good weather

thank you
I'm not sure what weTher they would continue in

Can they poor the slab in drizzle?

Drizzle is fine. You just dont want a downpour for 12hrs or so..but if therr is they will fix it up. Aftet that rain is actually good for the cement to cure.

cooper229
Drizzle is fine. You just dont want a downpour for 12hrs or so..but if therr is they will fix it up. Aftet that rain is actually good for the cement to cure.

Oh really!! I didn't know that.. So they might be out there today then, ( spoke to the supervisor yesterday and they were hoping for today)

Thank you

This was the update yesterday when I went for a peek

Oooh how exciting

Our Slab is down
Congrats Perry
Does anyone know if they leave the slab to cure for a bit ? (especially since it poured right after it was done)
Yipeeee!!! Congratulations!! They will have it up as quickly as possible. We were told by our carpenter that it is better to have it done early so the screws/bolts (what ever they are called) have the slab cure around them, making it as secure as possible. Wont be long and you'll be walking through your house

Oh Thats so exciting!! Cant wait until Saturday/Sunday now; will defiantly have to make a trip out there.

Going to have to start calling it our house instead of the land soon

Does the rain mess up the concrete that has been poured? or its okay once its down?
Should be fine. Your SS will give it the go ahead if he/she knows its ready. If there is any problems the concreters will be back to sort it out
ours had a whopping case of rain the day after it was laid and it was fine. It was just too wet to get the frame up.

So happy for you!

cooper229
Should be fine. Your SS will give it the go ahead if he/she knows its ready. If there is any problems the concreters will be back to sort it out
ours had a whopping case of rain the day after it was laid and it was fine. It was just too wet to get the frame up.

Oh okay perfect! Thank you ❤️

Updates:

We officially have framework.

Yaaay!!
Woooohoooo!!!

Looking good!!

viewtopic.php?uid=71435&f=31&t=82862&start=40
A week later

Hubby is really impressed they have filled in all the sides and back of our block which means we won't have to after hand over.

Awesome!!
less work for you guys!!

cooper229
Awesome!!
less work for you guys!!

I think he was more excited about the dirt being moved then the house coming together haha!

Relatable
only it was me excited about stones being spread around our slab baha - its the lazy persons dream. Thanks Simonds 🍻

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum