Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bellavia Build - Clarendon Madison NSW - Moved in

Page 5 of 48
KLB

Yay for piers!

I'm so happy they managed to get them done before the rain set in again!
Congratulations klb. Slab will hopefully follow quickly now!
Woohoo for piers!!! Cant believe i missed that post lol

Fingers crossed for a big week this week!
Ryalls_first_build

Haha I'm surprised you didn't hear me whooping when we saw it had been done. The slab SHOULD go down this week, although if this stupid rain keeps hanging around who knows when it will be! The block was such a mud pit on the weekend.
KLB
Ryalls_first_build

Haha I'm surprised you didn't hear me whooping when we saw it had been done. The slab SHOULD go down this week, although if this stupid rain keeps hanging around who knows when it will be! The block was such a mud pit on the weekend.

Hahahaha i thought i heard a funny noise lol

Whats the rain meant to be like this week? So do you change over supervisors once the slab is down?
It's supposed to be clear, but it wasn't supposed to rain today either and it bucketed down this morning.

Yeah once the slab is down the Site Supervisor takes over. It's a different guy who manages the piering/slab.
KLB
It's supposed to be clear, but it wasn't supposed to rain today either and it bucketed down this morning.

Yeah once the slab is down the Site Supervisor takes over. It's a different guy who manages the piering/slab.

The rain forecast looks great for the next few days - hopefully the block can dry out abit
It's dried out which is great. I'm going to ring today and see what's happening, I thought the plumber would have been out by now plus there are two piers that haven't been completely filled so I want to know what's happening with those!
KLB
It's dried out which is great. I'm going to ring today and see what's happening, I thought the plumber would have been out by now plus there are two piers that haven't been completely filled so I want to know what's happening with those!

Gee building is so painfully slow!! I honestly could never imagine myself doing it again lol
We built once before (10 years ago now) and honestly it was FAR less painful than this time around!
So it's been a week since piercing was done and the site hasn't been touched. So much for the slab going down this week like they told me last week. I rang the concrete manager today and he was going to check what was going on and call me back.
No phone call.

It's so frustrating when we are finally having good weather and day after day nothing happens!
KLB
So it's been a week since piercing was done and the site hasn't been touched. So much for the slab going down this week like they told me last week. I rang the concrete manager today and he was going to check what was going on and call me back.
No phone call.

It's so frustrating when we are finally having good weather and day after day nothing happens!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully this is the only slow bit and the build picks up from here.

KLB
No phone call.

That sucks.. hopefully they call you back today with some answers
Well we still didn't get a phone call but at least something happened. Waffle pods and reo for the slab was delivered plus formwork was started.

Woohoo finally some action!
Plumbing!

squeeeeeeel
Yay!!! It's on it's way!

And of course it poured down tonight lol.

Related
9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum