Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Northern Tas

Page 5 of 7
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff443/natstella1/12170412_972528092810575_229671101_n.jpg
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80415#p1456427
Any help pleeeaasse?
Wow, they sure move fast!
Personally, I would switch the lounge and the dining. But you may need to wait until you have your furniture in and then see how it all works in the space?
I also think you should wait to move in to decide on the layout - BUT!
I like the idea of the dining table near the sliding door/outdoor area (this is what we are doing, so I am a bit biased). I think that you are much more likely to sit at the dining table and enjoy looking outside, than if you are sitting on a couch, watching TV. Plus, if you are sitting watching TV, depending on how it is laid out, you would possibly have people walking through your line of vision (between couch and TV) to get in and out of the back door. Also, you might have more light reflection on the TV if it is near a sliding door....hope that helps....
Congrats on the progress of your house! Looking great.
I've been amused reading the thread, you sound a lot like us - second guessing EVERY decision we make ...
good luck!

This is the table I think we are going for with the black chair and dark wood, we will stain the table legs to match the chair legs
Thanks for all your opinions on the layout, I think we will wait until we have the furniture in to decide I mean we can always change it around later on for a change if we want.

Haha thanks deva, we re terrible like that lol I'm glad we've got this far without killing each other
And and heard from site manager today light fittings late next week, painters in early next week and flirting after painters so getting close!!!
So we went to the house today to have a peak in the windows to see what's been done tiler has started BUT the kitchen splash back at the moment is medium size plain white tiles and we are supposed to have black subway tiles..... We've discussed the forum colour against the black subway tile with site manger who's talked to the tiler about it so I would have thought he is aware of it, does anyone think they lay a bottom tile and the black subway ones on top? I've emailed the site manager to get onto it ASAP not sure what's happened there eek!!!
I cant answer that question sorry our subways were tiled straight onto the plaster or whatever is behind it. I would think its unlikely they will lay two lots of tiles. I think there may have been a miscommunication
I re-emailed our ss and he said went ok all sorted so phew!! But didn't go into details on what happend! On a good note had a look yesterday through the window and the flooring is down in living / kitchen and hall area !!! Wasn't expecting that yay!!!

Floor is in now just carpet to go and tiles to finish
Floor looks great.
Had a walk through yesterday and everything should be finished by next thursday !!! Carpets go in tomorrow, tiles get finished tomorrow and just final plumbing and electrical to be done early next week and a bit of painting to be finished this week. Have our PCI next Thursday. I'll uplaod some pics soon.
How exciting! OMG I hope our build goes as quickly as yours!
Awesome news nat_luke
Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum