Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 5 of 828
Hi All, The demo went fine without any hassles which was a relief after hearing and reading some nasty stories. We are still waiting for the final variation summary and hopefully the build starts in the next few weeks. Some photos

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t356 ... z3kc6w.jpg

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t356 ... 2tou2c.jpg

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t356 ... tqprwp.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone.
Hi All,

Question for anyone who had to get a OSD (onsite storm water detention) did wisdom ask you to check with all your neighbours to say yes/no for access to their property for storm water drain even though they have no drain?

Also received a quote for 1200mm 3 steps.steps concrete 3.5K does anyone know and landscaper or carpenter who can build some wooden steps?

thanks
We're building an Impression 33 and wondering whether anyone else building Impression has looked at skylight options for the void above the foyer/stairwell to bring some natural light into what will probably be a dark area. We're closing off the home theatre and home office so are worried that we'll need to light this area constantly. I think a fixed skylight in the roof will work but unsure about angles, ceiling line etc. Anyone who is building or built Impression series with a view? Thanks
Did anyone sign a building contract with wisdom prior to land registration? If so, if were to build again, would you do this again? We are concerned site costs may blow out

Wisdom are requesting we do this.
Extreme
Did anyone sign a building contract with wisdom prior to land registration? If so, if were to build again, would you do this again? We are concerned site costs may blow out

Wisdom are requesting we do this.

Yes, we are close to doing that. I think it's a calculated risk you need to take if you want to start on time. They were pretty good at informing us about the drop beam/site cut thresholds and we know roughly ahead of registration what the contour of our land is. We want to ideally have land registered, settle, submit to council and then build asap. Can't be paying rent for too long and not signing ahead of time will hurt us with costs by delaying.
Most builders can get surveyors to land even if it is unregistered.

@ scoturner
we are building a impression 37 so same issue with the staircase.
we allowed for a light fitting in the middle of the void, for a dangling light fitting like the impression 40 @ kellyville.
only concern is the right light fitting so the lights can be easily changed.
ugly99
@ scoturner
we are building a impression 37 so same issue with the staircase.
we allowed for a light fitting in the middle of the void, for a dangling light fitting like the impression 40 @ kellyville.
only concern is the right light fitting so the lights can be easily changed.

Thanks ugly99 - good reminder that I should check the Impression 40 at Kellyville to see what a skylight might look like in that space!
Hi,

I am looking at the Esperence series from the prestige range atm, looking at my electrical budget, does any one have the current electrical price list at all?

I am looking for individual prices of:

LED down light (equivalent to 50w halogen)
External square up/down light
Double power point
Quad power point
Data Point
Hi!

We're leaning towards 49 Monte Carlo .
Hi all. We are building a majestic 35

Electrical prices I found on this thread
viewtopic.php?t=57013

Graciegirl
Hi all. We are building a majestic 35

Electrical prices I found on this thread
viewtopic.php?t=57013

Cheers!

There prices below are 2 years old, one would assume they have gone up a lot since then???

* extra baton $52 ea
* LED downstairs down lights with 5500 globe $160 each
* Outside up/down chrome round lights (at front of some W display homes) $180 ea
* Footer lights for stairs $95 ea
* Twin floodlights for outside (at back of some W display homes) $145 ea
* extra light switches $40-90 depending on how many switches (1-4)
* extra power points $55 each, for a quad switch $82
* TV point $80 ea
* phone point $80 ea
* hands free sensor light (for our pantry) $168 ea
* external sensor light (for outside front) $179 ea
From memory they aren't too far off the mark. We did our electrical selection around Easter this year and I seem to remember the prices being similar.

We didn't get a soft copy of the price list, only a hard copy with the pre-meeting stuff from Clipsal. Can't find it now.
Matt1
From memory they aren't too far off the mark. We did our electrical selection around Easter this year and I seem to remember the prices being similar.

We didn't get a soft copy of the price list, only a hard copy with the pre-meeting stuff from Clipsal. Can't find it now.

Thanx mate
Just curious - how much on top of the advertised price have you paid? Am looking at the smart essentials double storeys and the inclusions look good. People tend to say allow $100,000 on top of advertised, but is that much needed with wisdom if their inclusions are so inclusive?
We are 83k over the base price and haven't yet signed contracts
Also does anyone know when the yearly prices go up? is it OCT or NOV time or JAN ?
Hi Alonso, I know last year was JUL and OCT.
@Alonso I believe most builders do it more than once a year. A few of them have already had price increases in July this year, including Wisdom
Thanx guys!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum