Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Chris' Dakota by Simonds

Page 5 of 7
You've leapt ahead when we weren't looking!

The progress on your bricks has been amazing, post some pics!! Which brick have you gone for?
Haha thank you homeontherange

I've gone the Homestead Tan. The quality of the photos and the pre brick clean does not do them justice.

Yea once the brick clean happens they will look much nicer
however for some reason they look completely different to our colour.. I'm assuming it's because they are dirty

Very nice! Are you having any render work at all?
Very nice!
stayxtrue
Yea once the brick clean happens they will look much nicer
however for some reason they look completely different to our colour.. I'm assuming it's because they are dirty

Hi stayxtrue,

Yeah they look a lot different in person. The lighting and flash on my phone didn't help either

homeontherange
Very nice! Are you having any render work at all?

Thank you, nah not during the build. I'll see how it comes out first and decide after handover

deluxes
Very nice!

Thank you
Love the bricks, are they from the standard range? We are yet to choose Colours but I like those but don't want to spend much more to upgrade!
jaclegg88
Love the bricks, are they from the standard range? We are yet to choose Colours but I like those but don't want to spend much more to upgrade!

Hi there!

Thank you

Unfortunately not, they were in Simonds cat5 range which was approximately $1,100 extra.

Edit: Looking back on my pics, the 4th brick picture really does not show the true colour of these bricks
Thanks for that. Not really as bad as I was expecting though, I had seen someone paid an extra $8000 and I thought hell no but I could live with an extra grand. Yeah the 4th pic looks light and creamy, must be the flash. Can't wait to see the finished product of the bricks, what colour is your roof/gutters/facsia?
Not sure if this helps, but we chose a Cat 2 brick from Simonds' range - PgH Archipelago and that was $525 extra.
I still have a photo on my phone (took a pic of the brick samples in the Gallery during a visit so I could remember what options there were prior to selections!) but I don't think SA and VIC have the same options though... Otherwise I could tell you what was standard, what was Cat 2 etc
$8000 extra is insane. I was actually surprised at the price, I thought it would have been more.

I had a look today and they have done some more out the back and on the right side of my house, exciting stuff!!

The roof tiles are 'Sambuca' and the gutters/facia are 'Night Sky'.
Chris, i am shocking, how big is the land?
can built like 4 house in my place, i mean, in China.

Bruse
Yeah I'm suprised at only $1100 - hopefully it'll be the same for us! I think we will be going with the sambuca tiles too, I'll be very interested to see your finished product with all colours together!
Thanks heaps deluxes that would of been handy but I think your right, they are different in Vic as our bricks are austral.
Looking forward to seeing your progress!
I went past tonight and found more of my bricks done
Data, tv and power cabling has been run all over place! And all the data cabling terminating in a central cloak cupboard as requested
Excellent! It's really coming along now...

We are also having the Sambucca shingle roof tiles. I really like them
More pictures guys!

Front of house

Down the left-hand side of the house

Alfresco

Looking into the kitchen/WIP

Living area

My data cables going into my central cupboard

I had a walk through with the SS today. Plaster and bricks should be done mid-next week!

I had one query on the placement of my light switch in the main bathroom. As you walk in, the door swings in to the right, I'd like the light switch to be on the left however apparently there is not going to be enough room due to the the shower. It was placed on the right-hand side wall but I was worried it was going to be behind the door. We discussed this and agreed to move the light switch down the wall another few inches so that the door doesn't cover the light switch as you walk in.
Looking good and its coming alone quite well! And yay for almost being finished with those items.

Good pick-up with your light switch. Would've been frustrating if you'd missed it.
Hey everyone,

So plaster started yesterday!

They have done lots more today! Almost all walls are covered now, it's so cool to see it all taking shape!
It's going along so well...
Plaster is such an exciting stage, you can really see the shape forming then.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Cavia Lini cupboards, I can't wait for ours... So getting a preview will be awesome, by the rate you build is moving I won't have to wait long!
You'll be moved in in no time
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum