Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Mapleton Grove, Kellyville North?

Page 5 of 6
Hey All,

Considering buying a block of land of Mapleton Grove.

Have any of you bought one of those massive blocks over 1,000sqm and started build ect?

Thanks,
josephsy
Hi Christina,
When do you think you'll start building? Just to let you know as well our neighbor at the back had already requesting fence payment. He said that he'll probably move in the next 2 weeks. With regards, to our corner block neighbor I never heard from them. I hope the owner decide to build his own house rather that duplex. I was not aware initially that such land was approve for duplex when I put my deposit to Ben.

You back neighbors are moving in within 2 weeks? Wow that was quick!!
Looks like we'll be starting at the tail end of May. Which size home did you go with? Cause ours is custom I'm trying to find a house that is similar size to put it all into perspective!
I also didn't think we could subdivide..to be honest I'm a bit annoyed but let's hope they decided not to!
Ours in total is approx 38sq (including garage, alfresco etc). So yours is 39sq right? Good luck in building!
josephsy
Ours in total is approx 38sq (including garage, alfresco etc). So yours is 39sq right? Good luck in building!

The builder is saying it's 42sq but when I do the calculations is 39...so I'm not quite sure
But I think our houses are roughly the same so it's good to be able to see it on the block now! Lol
I'm a very visual person so I'm finding it hard to just work off plans!

Thanks very much! Hopefully see you on site soon
Hi All,

Just a question about your landscape plans. Did anyone do it yourself? Trying to do mine for council submission. Not quite sure how much detail should be there. And also being on a corner lot I think there are additional requirements. Would really appreciate any advise.

Thanks.
landlubber
Hi All,

Just a question about your landscape plans. Did anyone do it yourself? Trying to do mine for council submission. Not quite sure how much detail should be there. And also being on a corner lot I think there are additional requirements. Would really appreciate any advise.

Thanks.

Hey there, we had ours done professionally and it had quite a bit of detail. If you want I can send you a screen shot of it?
landlubber
Hi All,

Thanks.

Corner blocks are notoriously hard to design for. Im running a special till the end of June if your interested.

Thanks
Hi All,

Has anyone got their bush fire rating at BAL 12.5. I just got mine and I think it's all because of I'm just 2 metres too close to vegetation. Apparently my block is 98m to the trees on the south side. All other sides are more than 100m. I was just hoping I could save about 5k from the tender
. Those trees might be removed when the land sub division progresses in the next few years but I don't think the council considers that.
landlubber
Hi All,

Has anyone got their bush fire rating at BAL 12.5. I just got mine and I think it's all because of I'm just 2 metres too close to vegetation. Apparently my block is 98m to the trees on the south side. All other sides are more than 100m. I was just hoping I could save about 5k from the tender
. Those trees might be removed when the land sub division progresses in the next few years but I don't think the council considers that.

Yeh ours is 12.5 as well. We've had to add the fire safety windows and fly screens, some kind of barrier btw the brick and frame as well. An additional $5-$10k.
When are you starting?
ChristinaG_310
landlubber
Hi All,

Yeh ours is 12.5 as well. We've had to add the fire safety windows and fly screens, some kind of barrier btw the brick and frame as well. An additional $5-$10k.
When are you starting?

Currently we are at council DA approval. Hopefully start building in the next couple of months. I'm on a corner block and just received a letter from council saying that the fencing on the secondary street frontage cannot go beyond one third of the total length. Really annoyed with this because I can only do fencing half way through my backyard!!! The entire side yard with the alfresco will be open towards the road. I'm going to talk to the council assessment officer to check if there is any other option for me.
Quote:
Hi MG_17,

My solicitor has asked the vendor to pay the rates. Haven't heard back yet. Also received a bill from Sydney water. They are charging for sewerage even for vacant land!!!

I support your proposition to hire one company to do the fences. Is anyone else interested or have contacts with fencing companies?

Hey there, has your solicitor come back to you re the land rates?

I checked with the council and they have received the payment from the vendor.
Hi All,

How's everyone going with the building work? Hope it's progressing well. Just been to the site on Monday and I can see a lot of progress on few blocks.

Just curious what will happen to the neighbour across the road Mapleton Avenue. Does anyone know if they are going to move out and develop that land for residential use? Their truck parking area is right in front of my block. Will not be a pleasant sight if they continue to operate their business when this area is fully developed as a new residential area. Not to mention the noise from the trucks. I was going check with the site office but they are now closed on weekdays.
landlubber
Hi All,

How's everyone going with the building work? Hope it's progressing well. Just been to the site on Monday and I can see a lot of progress on few blocks.

Just curious what will happen to the neighbour across the road Mapleton Avenue. Does anyone know if they are going to move out and develop that land for residential use? Their truck parking area is right in front of my block. Will not be a pleasant sight if they continue to operate their business when this area is fully developed as a new residential area. Not to mention the noise from the trucks. I was going check with the site office but they are now closed on weekdays.

Hi There,
How's your build going? We've just levelled out our block and the piers are going to be put in this week. Exciting times ahead!

In regards to the neighbour across the rd, we have the same prob as we are literally across the rd from the shed...not a fab view!

Anyhow, a friend of mine knows them and apparently they're waiting to find another place to relocate their business and also receive the best offer. I think they will move eventually but how soon - who knows?

Hi neighbors, I bought lot 223 which was the stage 4 of mapleton grove last October. It's been so exciting to see you guys here in the forum. I think we can be a club here, LOL.
My lot will be registered next month and I am building a two storey house with Rawson Homes. I did some custom changes base on Seaview 39.
Jewen
Hi neighbors, I bought lot 223 which was the stage 4 of mapleton grove last October. It's been so exciting to see you guys here in the forum. I think we can be a club here, LOL.
My lot will be registered next month and I am building a two storey house with Rawson Homes. I did some custom changes base on Seaview 39.

Hi Jewen,

Welcome neighbour! I am also building with Rawson. And guess what, I am building a Seaview too! Mine is a 27 but slightly extended and now it's a 29. I'm on lot 322 in stage 1. We are almost ready to start building. Completed all pre-construction stuff and probably a SS will be assigned by end of next week. I started writing a blog but it's still a working progress and trying to get it up to date. Below is the link.

http://mapletoncastle.wordpress.com
Quote:
Hi There,
How's your build going? We've just levelled out our block and the piers are going to be put in this week. Exciting times ahead!

In regards to the neighbour across the rd, we have the same prob as we are literally across the rd from the shed...not a fab view!

Anyhow, a friend of mine knows them and apparently they're waiting to find another place to relocate their business and also receive the best offer. I think they will move eventually but how soon - who knows?

Hi Christina,

Good to hear you have started on site. Have they done the slab? Hope the rain is not delaying things for you. Hopefully mine will be starting next month. Bit of a worry with the neighbour across the road. Last time I was at site, there was a stack of old truck tyres piled up along side the boundary. I guess I can't complain to much. They were there first....
landlubber
Quote:
Hi There,

Hi Christina,

Good to hear you have started on site. Have they done the slab? Hope the rain is not delaying things for you. Hopefully mine will be starting next month. Bit of a worry with the neighbour across the road. Last time I was at site, there was a stack of old truck tyres piled up along side the boundary. I guess I can't complain to much. They were there first....

We're about two weeks behind due to the rain

We we're meant to lay the slab two weeks ago. Hopefully the slab will go down next week!
I saw the neighbor burning 'stuff' a few weeks back. I have a feeling they're prob on the way out.
landlubber
Jewen

Hi Jewen,

Welcome neighbour! I am also building with Rawson. And guess what, I am building a Seaview too! Mine is a 27 but slightly extended and now it's a 29. I'm on lot 322 in stage 1. We are almost ready to start building. Completed all pre-construction stuff and probably a SS will be assigned by end of next week. I started writing a blog but it's still a working progress and trying to get it up to date. Below is the link.

http://mapletoncastle.wordpress.com

Hi Landlubber,
Thanks! It's good to get someone else who is building with the similar house. Seaview 29 is really good to remain more space in the back yard for kids. We have 2 kids and maybe next year the third, who knows, haha. So we choose 5 bedrooms.
We just done the color section, will go through electric part hopefully next month.
I went to your blog and it's nice. All the best with your working progress. Hope can see your updates ASAP, LOL!
Hi everyone,
Nice to see you all Mapletonies. We have bought lot no 350 Belford Avenue and still awaiting registration of our land. We were informed from sales consultant Ben Jenkins that the registration would be in July 2014. Trying to contact him but looks like he is too busy selling our estates... Hehehe. Is there anyone else in Stage 3 having info. about the registration of the land?? Also anyone building on our side of street aware of BAL rating and slab classification? Good luck with your home bldg everyone!!!:)
Akaadi
Hi everyone,
Nice to see you all Mapletonies. We have bought lot no 350 Belford Avenue and still awaiting registration of our land. We were informed from sales consultant Ben Jenkins that the registration would be in July 2014. Trying to contact him but looks like he is too busy selling our estates... Hehehe. Is there anyone else in Stage 3 having info. about the registration of the land?? Also anyone building on our side of street aware of BAL rating and slab classification? Good luck with your home bldg everyone!!!:)

Hi Akaadi,
We really Close, you block just in front of our block. But my land has been registered last month and it will be settled next Monday. I think you should try to contact Ben to see what was going on there. Good luck;)

Jewen
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros