Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 5 of 730
The 5K for upgrade from 2600 to 2735mm is overpriced. I upgraded from 2440 to 2740mm for both ground and 1st floor, cost $6676 and $5841.
Sunny16
Hi All,
i'm new here, i have selected the "yes incl" which include ceiling height 2.6m, has any one build with that? do you notice a lots difference between Ceiling Height 2600 vs 2735mm ?
i got a quote for upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 is about 5k on top.
do you think is it worth to upgrade? btw, i'm building the concerto.

thanks
sunny
We had dropped edge beam of 11 brick course, $6700 at 1st tender. But after front setback changed (from 7m to 4.5m), it became 6 brick edge beam, and cost $2475.
Hope this helps

belwins
Hey All,

New to this forum. My partner and I are building the Symphony MBTF at Oran Park with the Ivy Facade.
Initially our tender came to approximately 268K. Including the Yes and Mansion packages, the 5x4 mtr alfresco and an additional 1m width on the garage.

Initially had some issues with a few sales people being pushy and telling a few ****** to try and get our business by saying things like the 'yes' package was ending and to pay before price increases etc. We found David at Oran Park and he has been great, and any other issues I've had he's been good to speak to and has sorted things out promptly.

We are having our land registered in a few weeks, and we have progressed through all the stages and are literally waiting to go ahead to council.

During our tender, the contours were examined off the land plans and estimation was given for a drop edge beam of 3 bricks, totalling about 2K. Now that masterton has been on the land, they have misquoted and claim its now 7 bricks and a total of 8K. They are now claiming we owe them 6K in addition. However, I was told if this was misquoted it is their problem and they would have to pay the difference. I am in the process of following this up before it goes into the tender and council. We are getting towards the limits of the funds and would prefer to use the last of the money set aside for colour appointment upgrades and not bricks haha.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards,
Villina at Epping
The 5K for upgrade from 2600 to 2735mm is overpriced. I upgraded from 2440 to 2740mm for both ground and 1st floor, cost $6676 and $5841.

How did you manage to get 1st floor with high ceilings? I was told regulations did not allow. Or maybe it is our council regulation, as they have building height limit.
We went through the CDC approve not Council. The compliance table requires maximum building height 8.5m. Ours building is just fitted. Once you raise the 1st floor ceiling, you have the benefit of the bricks infill between the windows and roof, not cheap looks as windows straight to the roof.
Vatche
Villina at Epping

How did you manage to get 1st floor with high ceilings? I was told regulations did not allow. Or maybe it is our council regulation, as they have building height limit.
got a question if anyone can answer

for small sliding doors should there be a hole in the frame? or do they cut a hole later on?

just went past my site and all the doors there is a hole in the frame except 2 sliding doors
turk182
got a question if anyone can answer

for small sliding doors should there be a hole in the frame? or do they cut a hole later on?

just went past my site and all the doors there is a hole in the frame except 2 sliding doors

They cut the frame to fit the doors later in the progress, after brick and roof tiles are done.

Frames cut and sliding door frames installed.

Hope this helps
hi All,
im on the external color selecting stage, got some questions:
1.) i'm looking for flat roof tile as close as possible to the colorbond monument, what is your suggestions?
2.) the tungsten from pristileroof and Horizon Barramundi from CSRRoofing which one come close to the monument? or other suggestion?
3.) i only went to the Austral brick and took me nearly 1/2 day aleady, and only able to select my brick
thanks
sunny
Sunny16
hi All,
im on the external color selecting stage, got some questions:
1.) i'm looking for flat roof tile as close as possible to the colorbond monument, what is your suggestions?
2.) the tungsten from pristileroof and Horizon Barramundi from CSRRoofing which one come close to the monument? or other suggestion?
3.) i only went to the Austral brick and took me nearly 1/2 day aleady, and only able to select my brick
thanks
sunny

We picked monument for our gutters and garage door.
Tiles we picked was the Barramundi
Barramundi looks very nice. My brick is pgh sorbetto and roof is barramundi
thanks Vatche for the info
For all that been to color selections, any advise or preperation?
i have seen this entry door below, but browse through MH range dont' see any, are we allow to upgrade to this door?

Also the vanity, are we allow to upgrade to the polyurathane instead of floating?

Sunny16
For all that been to color selections, any advise or preperation?
i have seen this entry door below, but browse through MH range dont' see any, are we allow to upgrade to this door?

Also the vanity, are we allow to upgrade to the polyurethane instead of floating?

Best to ask your sales person. The door I think would be upgrade, as I recall from our options when choosing. As to the vanity, I would think polyurethane would be standard, but not sure if they do vanity all the way to the floor.

Others can correct me.
Our land has now been pegged out yay!!
Thanks Vatche, i did ask my sale guy but he doesn't know.

Hi MJ Overtue, i can't see your blog, can you please allow me view it?
Sunny16

Well, make sure he does know before you sign anything. You don't want to sign and later find out it is not possible or too expansive as colour selection variation.
Vatche
Sunny16

Well, make sure he does know before you sign anything. You don't want to sign and later find out it is not possible or too expansive as colour selection variation.

good point, but i already paid the $3.5k.
anyway, i've been trying to search about the vanity style etc.. but could find much info, is the floating style more expensive and more popular then the polyurethane vanity ?
Sunny16
Vatche
Sunny16

good point, but i already paid the $3.5k.
anyway, i've been trying to search about the vanity style etc.. but could find much info, is the floating style more expensive and more popular then the polyurethane vanity ?

I think it is less expensive, for sure for mounded polyurethane than a benchtop and sink.
When you say 'floating', are you referring to the cabinet? or the sink section?
Vatche

I think it is less expensive, for sure for mounded polyurethane than a benchtop and sink.

it' s the sink part, as per page 7 in the Mansion package
http://www.masterton.com.au/Portals/0/Documents/mansion%20package%20%202013%20final%20v6%20lr.pdf
Sunny16
Vatche

it' s the sink part, as per page 7 in the Mansion package

I thought so. Just ring up M HQ and ask them to confirm.

I'm sure I have seen moulded ones for powder room/ensuite as standard, because we upgraded to stone and sink from moulded ones for both ensuite and powder rooms, as the the bathroom vanity shown on page 7 is only for main bathroom, as part of the mansion package (read small text
).
MJ Overture
Our land has now been pegged out yay!!

Hey Mj overture, I'm building the overture also, could you please allow me to view your blog. I will pm you with my gmail acc
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum