Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Celebration Homes

Page 5 of 6
Hi RossB! Thanks for the lovely comments

We have had a fantastic build with Celebration. Throughout the build we have had different friends that are tradies come in to inspect their work and no one has found any faults whatsoever, and everything has been done to a great standard. The only issue we had is a power point they forgot to install in our island bench, but as soon as we flagged it with them it was put straight in within a couple of days.

We have our final inspection sometime in the next week or so, and handover 10 days after that, or possibly sooner if there isn't anything that needs rectifying.

I will post a bunch more pics of the final house once we have the keys.

Good luck with your build! I will be following it
Hi Rubes

We are starting our build with celebration. It was awesome to read through your thread a see your progress. I love the colour choices. The other thing I loved is that you have put hobs in your bathroom so that the cabinets are flush against those and not leaving those horrible dust traps. Can you remember if they were expensive? We have prestart next month and I am trying to plan ahead a little. I asked for an approx cost and was told i would have to wait for prestart.
Hey AshShep! I'm not sure on the exact figure as the price was included in the cost that we paid to extend our bathroom vanity as well. But according to my contract, extending the vanity to close the 90mm gap between it and the shower screen, and the brick up and extra tiling was $500.

Have you already signed off on your Preliminary Works Contract? If not insist that they include it in that and get it priced for you. Our salesman was excellent, he included everything we wanted to change in our PWC so we knew what we were paying for. That way there was time for us to think about it and decide if it was worth the expense of changing/upgrading, and we didn't get too much of a suprise at prestart. As a result our prestart was really quick and stress free, no arguments between my partner and I because we had already discussed our priorities and what was important to eachother, and the only upgrades we did at prestart was adding extra tiling to the splashback and bathrooms, and added more to the electrical plan.

You definitely don't need to wait until prestart to get all of those things priced up and included in your PWC
Would prob be counted as structural (well my builder would have said it was being a wall)
looking good! one question is that shower Niche on a single brick wall? thinking we should have added them
but wondering if I can still do it on the single brick wall.
Hi Will,

No, it is a double brick wall, the rest of the house is single but because I wanted a niche they bricked in extra in the ensuite.
thanks for the reply
bathroom looks nice!
Hi Rubes

Yeah, we have already signed our PWC, it was really rush. Our titles came through on our land the same week we put it on hold so we had to rush through all of that to get our building contract ready for settlement in order to avoid paying stamp duty on the land as a FHB.

My partner and I have quite different taste. i want a light/white looking house and he wants jarrah/dark looking house so we really need to put in the work to find a happy medium before prestart haha.

We were able to add a fair bit in before we signed our PWC but we were signed on 23rd Dec so skeleton crew meant some cost weren't accessible that day.

Thanks for the info at least we now know it should be in the affordable range.
Well, we have our keys!! We had our PCI on the 13th and there were only some very minor items that needed repairing, so they were fixed that afternoon and we were able to collect our keys on Valentines Day!

We are so happy with Celebration, they have been fantastic to us. Now we have to get the walls painted, floors laid, blinds installed and the list goes on and on so I will keep updating with pictures as things happen
Rubes
Now we have to get the walls painted, floors laid, blinds installed and the list goes on and on so I will keep updating with pictures as things happen

That's awesome! Are you getting them done in a particular order? I'll be doing the same after handover, so was curious

Also how early in the build did you have to schedule in all those other trades? Or are you just doing it now.
Hey Fitzy

We are just scheduling the trades in now. It was hard because we didn't have a definite handover date and we weren't expecting to get the keys the day after PCI!

We are painting first, then getting the floors laid, then everything else as soon as we can get it done.
Thanks

I'll be interested to see how long that takes. And what task I have ahead of me!
Congratulations on getting your keys!!!
Yah for keys!!
The kitchen and living/dining area:

The laundry & WIL:

The 2nd bathroom:

These are the lights were are putting in along the front wall of the house:

Love your lights!! Stunning!
Hi Everyone

Thought I would post a bit of an update, we have now painted the house. Here are some pics, the colour looks a little bit yellow in the photos but in person its quite a nice neutral that is somewhere in between grey and beige, but not too much of either tone.

Here is a picture of the front of the house. You can see there is a gap between the garage door and the pelmet, Centurion installed a 200mm pelmet instead of a 250mm pelmet so we are waiting for the new pelmet to come and be installed

Also, I have sealed our grout in the splashback with Grout Perfect's colour sealer in Bright White. I can sometimes be a bit pedantic and I didn't want my nice white splashback to have discoloured grout so I decided to do it right away. I really wish I took before and after photos - even on brand new grout the difference is amazing and it makes the splashback look even cleaner and shinier. I am one very happy customer!

So now we have ordered our flooring and we are waiting on that to come in and be installed, I am hoping it will be done within the next two weeks. Then we will be getting an electrician out to install our aircon, downlights, pendant lights and front wall lights. Also during all of that we will be doing our retic and landscaping as well - I have some ideas for the garden but haven't quite decided on a full layout yet. The beauty of living in a new estate is there are a lot of lovely new gardens to take inspiration from!
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum