Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Ventura, Baldivis - WE'RE IN !

Page 5 of 7
Some friends are building in Madora Bay with Cont3nt Living and have just asked for the shower head to be raised.........................checked ours and they are at 1850mm which is pretty much my height so will have to ask for ours to be raised too !
chardy
Some friends are building in Madora Bay with Cont3nt Living and have just asked for the shower head to be raised.........................checked ours and they are at 1850mm which is pretty much my height so will have to ask for ours to be raised too !

I am hoping ours will be high enough then! My hubby is 190cm so will need to be tall enough to fit him under. Do you have 2mtr tall screen and tiling?
We got our point at 2m and then the arm of shower points up making it even taller
We have full height tiling in the ensuite and the Caroma Quatro head seems to be at least 90mm above the outlet with further lift available so should be ok.
However we will have to revert back to the rail type in the main bathroom as our 4 year old has started showering but only if she holds the head !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not only are we neighbours but I have a 4yr girl too!!!! and also a 6yo Boy
rhi3384
Not only are we neighbours but I have a 4yr girl too!!!! and also a 6yo Boy

That's great to make a new friend for our Grace although our boy is 8 and have another girl of 10.
Just rung the CLO and to revert back is a variation plus labour and extra material cost so probably about $750. I guess we'll change it after handover then !

Oh that's brilliant! Not so good about the cost though
I always get annoyed how they can charge such a large variation cost!
Well our grey float is all done inside and the front/back render is double coated ready to paint I think.
Hopefully ceilings start next week then the white coat and coving, fingers crossed for lock up before the Christmas break.

NBN wiring went in today, have to wait and see if we can actually get it before the government changes the rules !
Plasterboard delivery yesterday as well as the cavity slider frames built in for the activity room.

Activity room cavity slider frames

Two rolls of roof insulation............hope there's more to come !!

Lots of plasterboard !
Looked in on Thursday at about 4:30pm and three Chinese guys were just finishing.
They've put up the ceilings and coving ALL through the house.......amazing !!!

House glazed yesterday and hot water solar panels fitted.

Drove by this morning and finally the white set plastering has started.
Sanitary ware fitting should also start tomorrow as we need to deliver the ensuite bath for them to fit.

chardy
Drove by this morning and finally the white set plastering has started.
Sanitary ware fitting should also start tomorrow as we need to deliver the ensuite bath for them to fit.

Bath delivery now on Wednesday as the spout has only just been moved to the side wall.
The fridge water supply drop has finally appeared as has the conduit for the aircon controller so at least the white set can be completed.

Got the plans from the air con installers, we are having 10 outlets over 7 zones:
1. Kitchen/living/dining
2. Master Bed
3. Beds 2/3
4. Bed 4
5. Media
6. Study
7. Activity

I have ordered NBN but put it on hold until we have a completion date - will be getting a 50/20Mbps service with 500Gb downloads and 2 months free for $79.95 a month on a 12 month contract, I'll use my previous Telstra modem/router as compatible. All from Activ8me.net.au
Will let you know what it's like once we are in !
Exciting delivery today !

Front door and smaller internal doors hung yesterday together with the shelving in the robes started.
Dropped off our ensuite spa bath today and the plumber already has the main bath on a concrete bed, cabinetry should be on site tomorrow

SS thinks we should be ready for handover first week of March !

Glad to see someone else building with Ventura! Look forward to following your build
About time I posted more pics !

Before the benchtops...

My garage, love having a proper ceiling, not a board jointed one!

Ensuite before tiling.

Ensuite tiling

Bathroom tiling complete
Nice feature tile in the ensuite
Love the bathroom tiling! We chose black for our ensuite so it's nice to see someone else choose dark
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum