Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building With Mirvac @ Middleton Grange?

Page 5 of 8
Thought I'd post here as well

Ok... I've been watching with envy the Victorian Homeone BBQ & Bocce Family Day thread and I thought well if I don't ask I'll never know!

Is anyone in Sydney interested in trying to meet up for a similar day on 24th Oct?

I was thinking maybe we could meet up in Homebush Bay (Bicentennial Park or similar) as a location reasonably central with BBQ facilities... Happy for other suggestions/ideas as to location/timing etc...

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=38458
Parkbridge is organising a family fun day this Sunday 26th so come along.
Yes, I saw the banner. We will probably come down.

I see your frame is mostly up, it feels good doesn't it!

It is 3 months this week since our slab was poured and we are at tiling and kitchen stage. It goes very fast now.

Might see you on the Sunday
Roof tiles and bricks go up this week everything seems to be going up in a flash we are not complaining but it feels great, did you guys go on sunday the kidz had a ball and my wife too:)
Wow went past today and the bricks are up, looking forward to see if hand over will be late this year before Christmas.
just wondering if anyone has a good contact for retaining wall + fencing as well as landscaper (for paving). we are building on stanley ave, middleton grange
Hi there Cat unfortunately i don't have a contact for retainer wall installers but i do have a contact for fencing his name is Pedro but i'm at work at the moment so once i get home i will pass on the information when are you looking at moving in? were are on Stanley Avenue too we might get this guy to do it all in one go and see if we can get a discount.
Hi rod&jenn... we did go down the other Sunday. Kids had fun, never really chatted to many people. I guess once we move in that will change. painters are at our place now... hopefully handover in 4 or 5 weeks.

Regarding fence, I spoke with Pedro. He and his sons are who do the fencing for Mirvac in the estate. I am waiting for him to come back with a price.
Glad to hear that you nearly there your house is looking good, for some reason everything has stopped in our end they started on the bricks but have stopped now for about 2 1/2 weeks so hopefully they will start soon may be this weather has something to do with it. I also had the number for pedro but with the kids and all i can't find it so if you can give me his number i would really appreciate it.

Well hope you guys move in soon and you will be seen us around the area.
Is it ok to post a number here?
Good news brick work is finish now waiting on roof tiles man slowly getting there
Hey guys we are back as for some reason the system would not let us log in so we change our user name. How is everyone going with building? Just a friendly reminder apparently M***** don't leave many Roof Tiles behind during hand over maybe 1 or 2 so if you have a chance go past in the afternoon and pick up a few extras. i spoke to a couple of resident and they said they wish the picked up a few more.
sorry for late reply. we picked up some tiles and placed in garage for safe keeping whilst they were ****** around.

we have been given handover date of 26th november.

almost exactly 5 months from slab pour... if you want a rough idea...

just waiting for shower screens/wardrobes, driveway, carpet and a few other wee things

exciting times...
Good to hear that, very happy for you guys and before Christmas even better we are currently gyprocking the house today and lock up by the end of week.
Bingo night this sunday from 3:30pm in the pool area hopefully we can see you there.By the way are you looking into Solar Power for your house?
We have the solar panels on the roof but thats all I know, not sure what else I have to do. The solar panels are a must for everyone in the estate as per guidelines.

We did apply for connection and customer number with Integral Energy under instruction from Mirvac.
sorry...yes, saw email re BINGO. Will talk to the boss and see what is on the agenda!?!
Yes those panels are for the hot water but im refering to solar power for the house.
oh... haven't considered solar power. I guess thought that with solar hot water and gas for cooking/heating... that our electricity useage will be less than previous.
Hi Rod&Jen. Have you had further contact with Shamus Cooke re decking that you spoke fo a few months back? I might need to find someone.
Hi there again yes he will be doing our decking and said that if you mention that the more peolple contacted him from the estate he will give us a better price but if you like i can get him to contact you if you like.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum