Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 5 of 788
Melc - Great News! Did you spend extra on the upgrades for internals?

Make sure you keep on the bank as they are ever so slow in getting the commencement letter to Beechwood, make sure they email or fax it and not it in the post as this takes an additonal 2 or 3 days...
!

As for us well we have been pegged....YEY! hopefully benching will be next week and then piers and slab shortly after! Although Beechwood have advised they currently have no site supervisor
so it in the hands of the contruction manager....hopefully this is a good thing! and not a bad one! Bit all very exciting!

Acre - how are you going with your commencement? have they started yet? I do hope so!

Just Starting - any closer to a finish date yet?
Nope not yet Jacknruby
We were pegged before xmas.
commencement letter got to beechwood on the 1st feb
They have 28 days to begin and spoke to beechwood on monday and she said they are looking at about another 2 weeks (so in the final week of the 28 days)
Hopefully you arent to far away either.
looks like Beechwood will be finished in 2 weeks then we need to do tiles an carpet......so hopefully in in the middle of March

Amanda....keep on their back and keep annoying them
I ring them every week, im not sure if i should call them anymore than that. she has basically said there a staff member down in the ordering department and the (1) guy is doing his best but they dont know when he will be replaced. Ill be calling Monday so hopefully we are a step closer.
jacknruby
Hi

Good News loan is now formally approved and accepted, now just having all the docs certified so the letter of commencement can be generated and sent to Beechwood, all hoping this happens today or tomorrow!!! Getting exciting now……I can see light at the end of the tunnel and dirt finally being turned.

Melc- Hmm Brokers I know with my bank they wouldn’t let us sign any docs till they got the finally contract/Tender which isn’t given till the final colour and contract appointment as this is where you do your final internal selections and all upgrades are added to the tender (trust me I spent another $4k at this appointment) and your contract is finalised with the progress payments and this is what the bank is really after….so just keep on top of the broker

Juststarting - I just checked our contract and it does actually state that the appliances will installed within 5 days after settlement of final payment, they did mention at the colours appointment this is so they aren’t stolen before you move in….stinks I know, everything is always in the builders favour isn’t it….

I believe Beechwood obtain a Interim Occupancy Certificate till all the other things are done.

Anit - We are about to start building a Gensis The Merlot and like you guys haven’t been able to see a completed home, so hoping it all turns out how we expect, I have to say we have been quite pleased with Beechwood so far, a few hiccups the only critsim I have is that the process is slow but I think that is with every builder, we have now been dealing with Beechwood for 10 months and about 1 month away from actually starting to build the house!!

Hi
Great to see someone who is building the same house and to read of the progress. I tossed up between the Allworth and the Beechwood but in the end for my block the Merlot is better suited so Merlot it is!

I am building in Maitland and i have yet to see one built. Beechwood are preparing my updated quote and then the long process begins.
Have you had many setbacks with Beechwood?

I will look forward to seeing pics.

Good luck
Penny
Hi Penny, We are also at Maitland (well about 15mins away) How have you been finding Beechwood?
Are you at one of the new estates?
McKechies, Waterford county or out at darcys peak/saddlers ridge?
Hi
I am in Gillieston Heights. As yet i have only received the quote so i havent started the process as yet. I read a few reviews on other sites and there was a lot of negative reviews about how slow they are so i am hoping they have gotten better since then. It sounded a little scarey.

I decided to drive around to look at Aberglassyn today and as it happens i drove past a house and took a look through the windows(it was still under construction,nobody lived there lol) and it was the Merlot which is what i am going to build. What is the odds of that, they had all the same colour tiles,capet,garage doors and gutter colours that i am having. Decided that was enough of a coincidence to make my decision finally on the Merlot! It was great to finally see one built and not just off a plan.

It is great to read everyones posts and it is just as exciting seeing everyones progress.

Did you have any problems with the Newcastle Office?

I will follow your updates and i hope it is all finished for you soon.

Penny
Hi Penny - welcome I look forward to sharing our journeys.....very excited for you, we almost chose a Allworth also but preferred the Merlot and it came with much more interms of extra and upgrades were more reasonable we felt.

Beechwood have been not too bad so far.....although I find you have to keep on them all the time to ensure it keeps moving forward, Although I cant comment on Newcastle office as we are dealing with Sydney Head Office.

We really want to see a Merlot started or even completed, can I ask you to please PM me the address of the one you found today, as my hubby is a sales rep around the Newcastle/Maitland area and would like to go and have a look.

Acre - Hope you get some action this week. I am going to call them again tomorrow and get an update....squeaky wheels always get oiled IYKWIM....

Cheers....
haha we are actually renting in Aberglasslyn, nr mckechies.

We are going through Beresfield office, They have been good i must admit - its just there time frame thats annoying.
Thought I would share our floor plan....goodness this is about the 5th attempt...hope it works this time!

Jacknruby - house plan looks great
hopefully all will be progressing soon

Amanda - how's it all going??? any movement of soil yet

Penny - nice to see you join the "beechwood family"

Got the final price today turned out cheaper than we thought.

Settlement should be done on Thursday
how long has this taken

But everything aside.........the house is ready and beechwood have done a fantastic job overall

Need to have the tiles and carpet put in yet and they are going to wait for the tiles to go in before they put in the applicances.

Tiler starts on 28th Feb.....should take about 7 days for the tiler......1 day for the carpet......hopefully should be moving in during the week of 13th March......in time for my husbands 40th birthday on the 19th
and my sons 13th birthday on the 21st
Kathy, Sounds fantastic, so so jealous.
Ill be calling beechwood shortly, so ill let you know what they say.
Mission Accomplished ! I have seen a finished Merot! The family room was bigger than i thought and the Rumpus.

It is great to see all the progress and read about everyones news.

I hope it wont be long and i can put up pictures but i know it will be a while as we are only up to the quote stage.

Well good luck to all and i will look forward to updates.

Penny
Clean up crew were in yesterday

Sent away final payment today

Tiler starts on Monday

Carpet is booked in for 10th March
Kathy, Its finally your turn - what a journey you have had. I cant wait to see more pictures.
What did you end up choosing for your tiles?
We are hoping to have siteworks next weeks. hopeso. (28 days is up this week) (28working days is up next week) so either way work is meant to start next week.
We chose tile from the Tile Market in smithfield in Sydney, we got 100 square metres for $2000.00

The tiles are creamy to white colour and are 600 x 600 should look really nice when laid. Start is Monday.

Did you get pebblecrete on the front verandah??
It was one of our extras.....I'll send you some photos later.
Any movement yet
Hi Just starting,

Very happy for you, we're just starting, our slab was finished on 16.02.11

We must have got the same creamy porcelain 600x600 tiles, great place Tile Mart aren't they?

I'd be interested to see what the tiles look like once they're laid, did you have any probs finding a tiler to

do the tiling?

If you get the chance it would be nice to see pics of the tiles laid
Kathy, i called them yesty and should be starting next week. heres hoping.
No we went tiles on the verandah. we will have the same kinda tile from the verandah, through the house through to the alfresco.
Did you go pebblecrete on the verandah?
we are going white, black, and greys through the house (with red kitchen splashback) with bits of red around the living rooms, So although we havent chosen our internal tiles we will be going with a 600x600 whitish grey tiles.
Have you got anymore pics from today? did today go smoothly? how many weeks from when they started on site did it take?
When i spoke to beechwood yesty the lady who i always talk to that they will make up for time whilst on site so im hoping that means they will complete sooner than the 23weeks (unless we have wet weather)
Hi all

Just Starting - Congrats on your settlement.....hope it all went smoothly. Cant wait to see the final pics...

Acre -
its really disappointing isnt it, but I am learning not to expect anything as it you just get let down on the end.....

Although I have been in email war asking for commencement and they cant give me a date but we are 15 days into the contract so another 13 days to start.....but they advised benching has been done so my hubby is going to check our block this afternoon hopefully they done it and its a start....next is the piers.....god hope they dont find rock or anything else that may cost more $$$.....

Springtime - hi, how long from benching till the slab was laid? cant wait for ours to be laid.....this will feel like we are moving and not stationary.
Whats Benching?
Our 28 days is up on Monday so we can only hope
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum