Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Saltwater Coast - Point cook

Page 5 of 27
Hi - I was just wondering if there was anyone who has a slab which has already been laid in Saltwater, and if so what class of slab i.e H, M or P? Thanks
shells
Hi - I was just wondering if there was anyone who has a slab which has already been laid in Saltwater, and if so what class of slab i.e H, M or P? Thanks

HI there,

Did my soil test and they are gonna need a H class slab. Am in Stage 6 if it makes any difference.
I am in stage 4, my slab is class H.
shells
Ah right - well enjoy the break - until the next phase starts.

Yes, we will be going.

Shells - we have received our tender documents, and you were right about the mistakes. It is almost scary how many things were wrong, given it is mostly a standard document!

We do have the items that are included in the fixed costs, though, if you are interested. No breakdown of allowances for each one, but at least we have some idea of what we are getting for our $12k

Yeah, it's pretty much like that from now on. You have to check and cross check everything! We did get more of a breakdown from them now for the 15.5k , although probably similar to yours where it itemises what it includes - but with no allowances for each section. better than nothig I guess. We're now just trying to decide whether it's worth fixing at 15 or going provisional and just paying for the site costs as they come up. Only problem with that is if our soil test is not great we could be up for thousands to upgrade the slab.
Yeah - that is about where we got to. In the end, we decided not to risk it, becasue we know what our luck is like ... and also becasue a few of he things we saw posted on here!
Hiya guys,
Hope to meet the beautiful neighbours on Pepperjack Way on Sunday...and the SWC community

See you soon!!!
Hey all,

Don't know if any of you were at the Sunday event, but I thought it went well. Met some really nice people over lunch and it seems like everyone is pretty excited to be living in Saltwater Coast.

For those of you who have not been there in a while, the UrbanEdge and Carlisle Homes Display homes are up and they are gorgeous!

Lots of mud around (especially with the rainy weather) so try not to wear your nice shoes
redwings
Hey all,

Don't know if any of you were at the Sunday event, but I thought it went well. Met some really nice people over lunch and it seems like everyone is pretty excited to be living in Saltwater Coast.

We also attended the SWC Meet the Neighbours day, big ups to FKP for putting on the event. It gives the feeling of a community before we even move in there! We met a couple of really nice people, unfortunately noone from Stage 6, Hugo Drive.... Plenty of time for that I'm sure!
Hey guys,

Do you think we'll be affected by this?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 5911611319

Any thoughts?
redwings
Hey guys,

Any thoughts?

hmmm. I hope they can sort this mess out or I'm gonna ask FKP for money back, they can keep the land. there is no way I'm gonna live in point cook without decent internet connection. I have had enough trouble with no mobile-phone reception in that area already.
EmeryBB
redwings
Hey guys,

Any thoughts?

hmmm. I hope they can sort this mess out or I'm gonna ask FKP for money back, they can keep the land. there is no way I'm gonna live in point cook without decent internet connection. I have had enough trouble with no mobile-phone reception in that area already.

Agreed. The broadband was the 'push' factor for me to get into Saltwater Coast....
Hi Neighbors ..I have started building...hopefully..can get the slab lay this week...
Any one building near boardwalk release?
Last week just saw some trees planted at the entrance of citybay...
Stage 10 due to be titled in the next few weeks - has anyone heard anything new recently - getting very excited - feels like it's been forvere since we put our deposit on the land - just want to start building now!
shells
Stage 10 due to be titled in the next few weeks - has anyone heard anything new recently - getting very excited - feels like it's been forvere since we put our deposit on the land - just want to start building now!

Hiya Shells,

Yes!!! we have heard from our conveyancers too. Can't wait now...Are you building straight away? We are only starting next year
R u on Pepperjack Way?

Cheers
Shan-T
Hi Shan yes we're on pepperjack way hoping to start building in October all going well, what street are you on?
Hi anyone know what is the container building next to carlise display (opposite lifestyles centre...

Also today I just went to have a look at swc and some public bench and seat are already installed in front of a designer fencing
ultraman
Hi anyone know what is the container building next to carlise display (opposite lifestyles centre...

Also today I just went to have a look at swc and some public bench and seat are already installed in front of a designer fencing

Hi ultraman, I’m not sure about the container it may be the new SWC sales officer as I believe it makes more sense to move to in the estate...also they will be constructing SWC main road soon so they will need to relocate the current one as the entrance will be around there... I can be wrong..
Hi Akiva...yup i think you are right...should be the new sales officer..I was thinking it maybe admin/info centre for lifestyle centre..before it is build...

Having you started building in SWC?..I am building riva from big m..now.. waiting for laying slab..
ultraman
Hi Akiva...yup i think you are right...should be the new sales officer..I was thinking it maybe admin/info centre for lifestyle centre..before it is build...

Having you started building in SWC?..I am building riva from big m..now.. waiting for laying slab..

Hey ultraman, the Riva is one of our favourite designs, are you excited about getting started?.. we may possibly commence the process next year.. We are still shopping around and we saw H3nley and S1monds and really like some of their plans but nothing confirmed yet.
Related
18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum